Patch Notes: April 12th, 2018 [Marrow, Therand, and Other Dwarf Reworks!]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited April 12 in Patch Notes
We've got some hero reworks!

Dwarves:
  • All dwarves now have the Dwarven Resolve passive instead of the Perfect Swing passive. Dwarven Resolve is a passive that has been used in past events which is basically Perfect Swing Plus! It makes it so their attacks cannot miss or be dodged, PLUS they deal bonus damage to enemies with a high chance to dodge!
  • NOTE: At the time of release, we are aware of an issue causing Hagrim Felhorn to not have Dwarven Resolve. He still has Perfect Swing though, and we will be getting Hagrim caught up with his fellow dwarves in the near future!

Therand Fiddlestrom:
  • Increased attack, defense, health and skill
  • Ability phrasing has been cleaned up, but not functionally changed to say that the ability deals splash damage to enemies other than the target. In addition, the amount of splash damage the ability deals has been increased.
  • The cooldown of Thermal Detonator has been reduced from to 5.
  • The positioning of Helmet Missile and Cheers, Mate have been swapped. Cheers, Mate is now unlocked after ascending Therand once, and Helmet Missiles is now unlocked after ascending Therand twice.
  • Cheers, Mate now heals Therand after the attack is completed.
  • The cooldown of Cheers, Mate has been reduced to 3.
  • Helmet Missiles now deals more damage to enemies.
  • The cooldown of Helmet Missiles has been reduced to 4.
  • As stated above, Therand's Perfect Swing passive has been replaced with Dwarven Resolve.
  • Therand's Armor Hunter and Armored Resistance passives have been replaced with Armor's Bane, which allows him to take less damage from Armored enemies and deal 2x damage to Armored enemies. The effect is the same, but bundled into one passive. He gets this passive in his unascended form.
  • Therand's Armor Piercer passive has been replaced with Demolitionist, which allows all of his attacks to ignore armor AND deals boosted damage to constructs. He gets this passive after being ascended once.
  • Therand now gets the Tinkerer's Tricks passive after being ascended twice. This passive gives all of his attacks a chance to apply Freeze, Burn, Shock, Disease, or Poison to the enemy. Only one of these debuffs will be applied per hit, and is applied to each enemy individually. This means that if you use Helmet Missiles, one enemy could get burned, another could be poisoned, and another might not be debuffed at all.

Marrow:
  • Increased defense and health.
  • Decreased skill.
  • Lure now deals more damage and cannot be dodged.
  • Light Nova now deals more damage.
  • Light Nova's cooldown is now 3.
  • Marrow's Slippery When Wet passive has been changed to apply Taunt to his highest health ally at the start of a dungeon instead of his highest health Tank ally.

Other Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where some campaign quests would appear earlier than intended at lower levels.
  • Fixed an long-standing issue that was causing Lord Chromus to appear smaller than intended in the Tower of Pwnage.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Deathrift_Deathrift_ Member
    edited April 12
    Eh. Still wont make him directly relevant in PvP, since problematic contruct heroes were dealt with in the last revamp. You guys seem to be really dodging the Legendary Green Hero though, we're all waiting for him/her. With these updates to dwarves, i really hope when you guys finally buff aria she'll be immune to perfect swing based passives, and she can dodge any attack(attacks that cannot be dodged will be able to be dodged by aria)
  • Steps in a nice direction
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Yes!! Therand and Marrow changes!!

Although I don’t know if the Marrow “rework” will be enough. I don’t think it’s that his abilities were weak, but rather not suited well for PvP. He’s great in PvE, and will now likely even be better, but the issue with PvP is that Lure just wasn’t really a great starting attack.
    If his last ability was swapped with his first, so that he could instantly charge an ally’s energy, he could be a potentially very powerful raid hero, allowing heroes with strong second and third abilities like Koros or Shade to be ready to go right off the bat.

Anyways, I do hope you’ll look into buffing Hagrim, Rogar, and Dhaegon soon. Poor guys look even worse compared to Therand now, lol. Also... @Joel a long time ago I made an idea for a Therand rework that revolves heavily around his attacks using chemicals to apply random debuffs to enemies, was that perhaps an influence in this rework? I don’t mean ill will to anyone - But I feel like sometimes my rework/hero ideas and the new heroes and reworks are quite often... coincidentally similar. :wink: But! I’m sure that’s not it. After all, I’m not a game designer, I probably don’t know half as much about balance and tweaking as I think I do. :confused:
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Eh. Still wont make him directly relevant in PvP, since problematic contruct heroes were dealt with in the last revamp. You guys seem to be really dodging the Legendary Green Hero though, we're all waiting for him/her. With these updates to dwarves, i really hope when you guys finally buff aria she'll be immune to perfect swing based passives, and she can dodge any attack(attacks that cannot be dodged will be able to be dodged by aria)

Goodness, will anything ever excite you? :lol:
  • Yeah I agree the devs are finally taking a step in the right direction with new epics and reworks and people just say no. Isn’t this what we’ve wanted for months ?
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • THERAND!!!!!

We missed you
    edited April 12
    I can name about 5 heroes who need a revamp more than Therand. He was never bad, but just wasn't in the endgame pvp meta. He's better for PvE.

Meanwhile, Alexandros Sifu Aria Yokuzuna(search him up, he actually exists) Dhaegon Ignus Pontifex(He doesn't FEEL legendary. Notice how 4 of these heroes are light, and 2 legendary.
    edited April 12

Goodness, will anything ever excite you? :lol:

I'll just pretend to be happy/satisfied then

• Deathrift_ wrote: »
    I can name about 5 heroes who need a revamp more than Therand. He was never bad, but just wasn't in the endgame pvp meta. He's better for PvE.

Meanwhile, Alexandros Sifu Aria Yokuzuna(search him up, he actually exists) Dhaegon Ignus Pontifex(He doesn't FEEL legendary. Notice how 4 of these heroes are legendary.

I see two heroes in that list you mentioned that are legendary.

Where are you getting 4?
  • Meant to type light. Didn't see that one.
    Meant to type light. Didn't see that one.

Okay, but updating these heroes still gets some reworks out of the way. We don't have to do them in order of who needs them most to who needs them least. Selwyn was one of the originally criticized heroes for badly needing reworks.
  • YAY THERAND!!! B)
    Meant to type light. Didn't see that one.

Okay, but updating these heroes still gets some reworks out of the way. We don't have to do them in order of who needs them most to who needs them least. Selwyn was one of the originally criticized heroes for badly needing reworks.

with my amazing powers i will predict who gets a buff next... oh no... its... its... goblins or darks, maybe beasts and revamp of hopper making her a beast...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Therand is now MEGA-Therand, the same hero but heavily improved. With epic, Dagrund and Valkin boost, Therand could now have some of the highest attack of any blue hero. Solid rework.
    I only miss some kind of dwarf team synergy trait, like skill increase or perhaps giving all dwarves armour bane/demolitionist.

My concern though is the Marrow update. History has taught us that a weak update is actually worse than no update at all, since it will take forever for the same hero to be boosted again. Marrow is a support hero and doesn't need damage. To be competitive in his role, he would need: massively increased survivability, "turn a blind eye" and his paralaysis has to be reliable, not chance based.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • danacdanac Member
    mrdahl wrote: »

My concern though is the Marrow update. ...To be competitive in his role, he would need: massively increased survivability, "turn a blind eye" and his paralaysis has to be reliable, not chance based.

I'd settle for tokens.
    He's the only hero I don't have 6*, which makes him the rarest hero tokens available.

What's that? tokens in shop?
    Not when they only offer about 55k for the whole even and they have a rune on sale for 50k.

• Anyways, I do hope you’ll look into buffing Hagrim, Rogar, and Dhaegon soon. Poor guys look even worse compared to Therand now, lol. Also... @Joel a long time ago I made an idea for a Therand rework that revolves heavily around his attacks using chemicals to apply random debuffs to enemies, was that perhaps an influence in this rework? I don’t mean ill will to anyone - But I feel like sometimes my rework/hero ideas and the new heroes and reworks are quite often... coincidentally similar. :wink: But! I’m sure that’s not it. After all, I’m not a game designer, I probably don’t know half as much about balance and tweaking as I think I do. :confused:

Agnon looked nearly exactly like one of your ideas. I think it's cool they do use the community's ideas but they could at least give a little credit. ;)
  • @toothlessmon

Hopper will NEVER become a beast. I'm going to put your hopes down.
    1 That would be extremely broken for her to benefit from beast passives
    2 Why does she need a BUFF? Sure shes nolonger relevant in PvP defense because the Dark Meta is over, but she by no means needs a buff.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    What is this "no longer relevant" I keep hearing with heroes? Hopper seems important unless you have Zomm but there's new builds and she's far from being Rogar.
    @toothlessmon

Hopper will NEVER become a beast. I'm going to put your hopes down.
    1 That would be extremely broken for her to benefit from beast passives
    2 Why does she need a BUFF? Sure shes nolonger relevant in PvP defense because the Dark Meta is over, but she by no means needs a buff.

Darks relevant... She isnt tho
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • She is if she's tanking and there is a large damage ability or purge. *Ahem* Koros. Koros Agnon Hopper can confirm kill someone like GT and then the rest of the team is easy without damage reduction or his huge damage at max momentum.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Hopper irrelevant? What game are you playing?
  • echonap wrote: »

The real world, maybe she sees some play in legend 2, or during this event but everything else she doesn't see play, unless your planning on using her instead of shade which is stupid.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    You could put 5 energy runes on Shade so you can kill and possess by round 2 lol

The real world, maybe she sees some play in legend 2, or during this event but everything else she doesn't see play, unless your planning on using her instead of shade which is stupid.

Have you played level 70 legend 1?
  • Dude I know shade is op, I mean he can steal your best hero and wreck you with it, I mean all hopper does is counter a single team which isn't even viable anymore, She counters other teams such as ponti team, and mega ultra res team which runs Leo, that team is no longer used, most of these res teams died a long time ago, probably from over offensive teams, shade can be used by anyone and would completely destroy people who use really good heroes, hopper basically counters people that use trash teams that you keep on throwing, this meta is to aggressive for her to truly work... Until this metas aggressiveness does down she won't be to viable.

It's because this event makes shadow types attack on follow up, after this event she won't be used, to many aggressive teams for her to be as good as just running a shade and replacing her with Solaris
  • Hopper counters any Solaris team as long as she can live which is made easier with Goretusk and Shade.

It's because this event makes shadow types attack on follow up, after this event she won't be used, to many aggressive teams for her to be as good as just running a shade and replacing her with Solaris

Nah Hoppers been in the meta in attack but doesn't see much use on defense.

Nah Hoppers been in the meta in attack but doesn't see much use on defense.

I don't usually talk about attack, any team is ok in attack cause A.I is stupid, and I was talking about defense

• You said she isn't relevant. If she is used semi-often in the meta, she is relevant.