Poll: do you think that Solaris need a nerf?

Poll: do you think that Solaris need a nerf? 37 votes

YES
40%
JaxtesJackHallow666frick75almalikAdverb007T3MP0R4LJensusLifeReaperBroomYykkilsirolk99MrTheWaffleKingYummyMarshGingeNinjakramerfarveleonnew123 15 votes
NO
59%
echonapMonkeyHunterObiWanCannolibvs72thegeminiguyBrazysirtainlykpung07FatCat69MattCauthronMelofSteelfarfellaBarleymanDeathrift_NobodyPiSeasideStormMaxBeamerttheboneYasanthatoothlessmon 22 votes

Comments

• YES
    Yes, but not an incredible nerf. Maybe increase her countdown in 'fire & flames' to 4 turns not 3.
    And also make her 1st ascension ability to only cleanse 1 debuff, rather than all. she needs to be great, but not OP
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • NO
    After what happened to MK I'm hesitant to wish for any nerfs...
  • NO
    It's not solaris that needs the nerf, its the other beasts, i mean she is oneshotted by almost anything, what really neeeds the nerf are heroes like grog,bovus, other beasts with AOE.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    Before Solaris, hardly anyone used a full beast team in both the low and top end pvp. They were not used until Solaris gave them extra abilities while teamed with Solaris as shown here http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56428/hero-spotlight-solaris/p1
  • YES
    Yes, but again, a small nerf. Move her flames to be 4-5 turns and she's good to go. I even think that he heals might need to be buffed if her res is nerfed.
  • NO
    Rocksor wrote: »
    Before Solaris, hardly anyone used a full beast team in both the low and top end pvp. They were not used until Solaris gave them extra abilities while teamed with Solaris as shown here http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56428/hero-spotlight-solaris/p1

i did, idk what your talking about
    Yes, but again, a small nerf. Move her flames to be 4-5 turns and she's good to go. I even think that he heals might need to be buffed if her res is nerfed.

i am totally fine with that kind of nerf, i dont use her for res, i have said this before but i use her for bovus and jabber passives
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • YES

i am totally fine with that kind of nerf, i dont use her for res, i have said this before but i use her for bovus and jabber passives

Not sure many people will agree with you on that. xD
    Also before her, beasts were not considered meta even though they were used by a few people. It's like how rogues or demons are used but are not in the meta.
  • RocksorRocksor Member

Like I said, hardly anyone used a full beast team on offense or defense prior to Solaris release. I didn't say no one.
  • NO

Like I said, hardly anyone used a full beast team on offense or defense prior to Solaris release. I didn't say no one.

Oh... sorry for misunderstanding

Not sure many people will agree with you on that. xD
    Also before her, beasts were not considered meta even though they were used by a few people. It's like how rogues or demons are used but are not in the meta.

you sure, i saw full beast in legend 3 all the time, even tho i made it to legend 2 before solaris... i was a really good beast player... until they released epics then i was better... but back then i didnt use bovus, I am about to say the following teams i used in order

-ignus,tsume,squinch,jabber my level 1-17 team

- ignus jabber, furnace,squinch my level 18-25 team

-at this time i also used a dark team composed of executem, ella,yokunza, and queen darius back when she was a exclusive to guild rewards, by the way in this time i am level 37

-38-40 i used yasmin,jabber,pignius and lupina

levels 41-52 i finally got solaris and replaced my yasmin (solaris,jabber,pignius,lupina)

53-59 i finally got lily, decided to ascend my bovus and (My team was now Bovus,Lily,solaris,jabber)

60+ i asceneded my rocky so now when i am battling people without armor i have an optimal winning streak opportunity... (battles against unarmored enemies without purge i use rocky instead of lily)

Honestly i don't know why people are so dependent on res, i mean i have a long history of gaming, so i know how to adapt and stuff, but i feel like the solution is very simple... i just hate it when someone burns solaris and then i have my chance of winning reduced by 40% because of the loss of solaris passives.
  • YES
    Honestly i don't know why people are so dependent on res, i mean i have a long history of gaming, so i know how to adapt and stuff, but i feel like the solution is very simple... i just hate it when someone burns solaris and then i have my chance of winning reduced by 40% because of the loss of solaris passives.

They aren't dependent, it's just very powerful and not worth giving up since there are so many 1 shot teams.
  • NO

They aren't dependent, it's just very powerful and not worth giving up since there are so many 1 shot teams.

so rune them to defense, people said i was crazy, but no my running solution was so perfect it allowed me to use people that others thought were trash and semi-succeed, then they released solaris and gave lifesteal to the strongest survivalist ever...
  • NO
    If you nerf Solaris, you have to make a full revamp for about 15 heroes. Nerfing her completely jumbles the metagame. Of course, I'm referring to nerf to the bone like Kira. Adding some rounds to her revive passive will be good enough.
  • NO
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    If you nerf Solaris, you have to make a full revamp for about 15 heroes. Nerfing her completely jumbles the metagame. Of course, I'm referring to nerf to the bone like Kira. Adding some rounds to her revive passive will be good enough.

yeah... if they made my jabber and my bovus not need solaris for the passives... i wouldn't even care if they nerfed her to dust...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    YES
    I'm in the middle.

Yes, if nothing is done soon. But I think only a small nerf is in order. Either a new hero to counter her (Hopefully the new Legendary), or a restriction to her reviving. Either a limit on how many times she can rez per match, or a restriction to it only working on Beasts.

I'll say no if something along those lines happens. Solaris is a fun-ruiner at her best, and a phone-breaker at her worst. I don't really care if she's powerful or not, I just mind how she's powerful. Continuing to just revive allies non-stop and (often times) just prolonging a match I'll win anyways isn't fun or interesting to fight. It's just a pain. If I can win every time, what's the point in having a match draw out 10 more minutes than it should have?
    YES
    Also, I think we're all over-thinking this. This is not asking if Solaris should be nerfed into the ground like MK or not. It can be a minor nerf. Like I stated, it could simply be restricting her revives to only Beasts, or limiting how many times she can use Fire and Flames per match (By the way, I think her Fire and Flames should be buffed so that it deals more damage if you use it offensively. Currently there's almost no reason to).

We're not saying throw her out of the meta. Just make it so that every single team doesn't have to have Solaris on it to be good. Yes, yes, I get not every team has her, but anyone who's anyone seems to use her. Just because you can beat her doesn't mean she's balanced. If more than half the players are using her, I'd say there's a problem.
  • YES
    I'm in the middle.

Yes, if nothing is done soon. But I think only a small nerf is in order. Either a new hero to counter her (Hopefully the new Legendary), or a restriction to her reviving. Either a limit on how many times she can rez per match, or a restriction to it only working on Beasts.

As you probably know already, the Drakk will 'counter her'. But restricting res to only beasts WOULD BE A TERRIBLE IDEA. She has opened the gates to more than a few beast, reptile and flying teams. And i like that.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • YES
    Drakk? You know something we don’t?
  • NO

It's true.

Drakk is a 5 mana 6/3.
  • NO

It's true.

Drakk is a 5 mana 6/3.

nope drakk is a 3 mana 5/4 that summons a 2/1 poison for your opponent...
  • Adverb007Adverb007 Member
    YES
    Plz nerf, I had 13 pvp wins, and died from a huge team revival...
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • Adverb007Adverb007 Member
    YES

It's true.

Drakk is a 5 mana 6/3.

Nope, drakk is actually a 4 mana 6/9 with trample, indestructible, double strike...(the list goes on)
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • NO
    Adverb007 wrote: »

It's true.

Drakk is a 5 mana 6/3.

Nope, drakk is actually a 4 mana 6/9 with trample, indestructible, double strike...(the list goes on)

We were speaking hs not magic XD anyway no he’s stronger then that- he’s a 7 mana 16/16
  • YES
    you guys talking about a MTG drakk? Cool!!
    With unnatural fear he stirs up a fright, To scared to stay and fight
    The enemy fled, Only to be struck dead
    As his purging pyre lit up the night
  • NO
    leonnew123 wrote: »
    you guys talking about a MTG drakk? Cool!!

I'm confused, can't tell if we are talking about hearthstone or magic... I leave you with a 4 mana 7/7
    YES
    The main argument I see against nerfing Solaris is “But I can beat her!”

So what? Top players can beat everything. The best players have nearly 100% raid victories.
    The problem lies not within whether you can simply beat her or not. ‘Overpowered’ refers to their power or potential compared to other heroes. In League of Legends, for example, almost any champion can win against almost any champion, even “counters”, if the player is good enough.

But that doesn’t make an overpowered hero not overpowered. Everyone, including competitive players, will agree that certain champions are stronger than others - even brokenly so. They can still beat them, but they know that playing certain champions gives them unfair advantages.

If you look at what determines if a hero is overpowered or not as simply a matter of, “Can I beat them?”, then every hero might as well be equally as strong. I can beat Solaris, and I can beat Sifu, so both are perfectly fine and neither need changes.

Normally I would say that balancing issues should be chosen based on high level competitive play, but as I mentioned, practically everyone in high level competitive uses Solaris, Shade, Leo, Grog, Lilly, etc... any they all win almost 100% of the time on raids anyways.

I think in Solaris’ case, we should ask some of the lower tier players. Now, I know what you’re going to say: But that’s what happened with MK, and look what happened!
    My answer to that is then simply, ‘Just don't go as far as MK.’ Whatever the players tell the devs, they can take with a hint of salt and adjust her accordingly, but to a much less harsh degree than maybe everyone wants them to.

Additionally, I think that nerfing Solaris, if done right, wouldn’t make high tier players rage or complain about loss of value. If Solaris is nerfed FAIRLY, she should still be useful enough to see frequent use in PvP.

Now that that’s over, yes. I understand Barbarians are the hot new thing now, and Solaris plays are already seeing a decline. If that remains the case, then all of what I said can just be made to apply to the Barbarians.
    If they ever get nerfed (I think a simple change to their passive effects such as the DR from Drakk or the damage boost from Balog would be sufficient), then we can focus on whatever other big problem affects PvP. Probably will be Shade. Who knows.
  • NO

So what? Top players can beat everything. The best players have nearly 100% raid victories.
    The problem lies not within whether you can simply beat her or not. ‘Overpowered’ refers to their power or potential compared to other heroes. In League of Legends, for example, almost any champion can win against almost any champion, even “counters”, if the player is good enough.

But that doesn’t make an overpowered hero not overpowered. Everyone, including competitive players, will agree that certain champions are stronger than others - even brokenly so. They can still beat them, but they know that playing certain champions gives them unfair advantages.

If you look at what determines if a hero is overpowered or not as simply a matter of, “Can I beat them?”, then every hero might as well be equally as strong. I can beat Solaris, and I can beat Sifu, so both are perfectly fine and neither need changes.

Normally I would say that balancing issues should be chosen based on high level competitive play, but as I mentioned, practically everyone in high level competitive uses Solaris, Shade, Leo, Grog, Lilly, etc... any they all win almost 100% of the time on raids anyways.

I think in Solaris’ case, we should ask some of the lower tier players. Now, I know what you’re going to say: But that’s what happened with MK, and look what happened!
    My answer to that is then simply, ‘Just don't go as far as MK.’ Whatever the players tell the devs, they can take with a hint of salt and adjust her accordingly, but to a much less harsh degree than maybe everyone wants them to.

Additionally, I think that nerfing Solaris, if done right, wouldn’t make high tier players rage or complain about loss of value. If Solaris is nerfed FAIRLY, she should still be useful enough to see frequent use in PvP.

Now that that’s over, yes. I understand Barbarians are the hot new thing now, and Solaris plays are already seeing a decline. If that remains the case, then all of what I said can just be made to apply to the Barbarians.
    If they ever get nerfed (I think a simple change to their passive effects such as the DR from Drakk or the damage boost from Balog would be sufficient), then we can focus on whatever other big problem affects PvP. Probably will be Shade. Who knows.

When have devs been known to implement something correctly???
  • YES

I agree to an extent... obviously, the important meta lies in the endgame PVP... any hero can do well low levels. The issue is, some heroes absolutely destroy everything midtier like Solaris Shade, and even Zomm. Even though I can beat Solaris's regularly, her kit is OP. Full team res every 3 turns. Now she doesn't need a huge nerf. Moving it to be 4-5 turns to charge would be OK although it still wouldn't fix the midtier where a Lily can max stack with a leo and Solaris and be entirely unkillable because of low damage output at that level.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    NO
    NEITHER.

The entire discussion is futile. There will come along another hero, the same discussion will occur until the hero beyond that.

It is rarely in the typical player's interest to ask for anything to be nerfed. If an imbalance bad enough occurs, the devs will certainly make needed adjustments.
    edited May 20
    YES
    sirtainly wrote: »
    NEITHER.

The entire discussion is futile. There will come along another hero, the same discussion will occur until the hero beyond that.

It is rarely in the typical player's interest to ask for anything to be nerfed. If an imbalance bad enough occurs, the devs will certainly make needed adjustments.

Or there is an imbalance, but it makes them money, so they don’t change it. In the summit’s, we talked about nerfing Shade over a year ago. We even had the nerfs planned out. But lo and behold, he’s still as powerful as ever.
  • NO
    op with dark event, i think barbs are going to sit this one out because These shade teams are absurd.