Sorting Heroes

Other than by level, is there a rhyme or reason as to how heroes are sorted in the Heroes screen?

I have to think that the near-random distribution is deliberate by the developers, perhaps to encourage familiarity with all heroes instead of just a select few. But man, this for me is the most frustrating part of the game. I'd love consistency or the ability to sort (alphabetically, by type, by color, by level, by last used, etc.)

Anyone else besides me find the current system annoying?

Comments

• Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Well hero sorting is coming soon, not sure when though
  • Everyone's been asking for it since forever... hasn't happened yet... don't expect it soon.

@Joel please have mercy on us.
  • danacdanac Member
    Piratecat wrote: »

Anyone else besides me find the current system annoying?

Only every single other person who plays
  • StinkyStinky Member
    If nothing else, I wish they'd get rid of the thing that keeps recently acquired heroes at the top. If they're level 1, fine, I might not have noticed them or something, but make them sink to their proper place as soon as they're level 2 or higher. After I finished the campaign, that yellow dwarf squatted at the top of the list for ages, despite feeding him a few XP potions to try and get him to join Phemus and co.
  • WasiWasi Member
    As someone(s) mentioned previously, with the level 80 bump on the way (?) you may be able to sort by leaving unused heros at L79 and below.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Stinky wrote: »
    If nothing else, I wish they'd get rid of the thing that keeps recently acquired heroes at the top. If they're level 1, fine, I might not have noticed them or something, but make them sink to their proper place as soon as they're level 2 or higher. After I finished the campaign, that yellow dwarf squatted at the top of the list for ages, despite feeding him a few XP potions to try and get him to join Phemus and co.

I've had this issue. Look at his character page until the XP animation is done- then it should be fixed.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Stinky wrote: »

I've had this issue. Look at his character page until the XP animation is done- then it should be fixed.

Thanks for the tip, I'll bear that in mind next time.
  • GingeNinjaGingeNinja Member
    edited April 23
    I've been looking into it, and kinda found out how they sort them

Priorities *in order*
    Epic (goes to the top first)
    Then level (ranks between the epic/non epic heros) *higher level goes to the top*
    Stars (ranks between same level both epic or non epic heros) *higher star goes to the top*
    Roster power (decides their final place between same star, same level, same star, both epic or non epic) *higher roster power goes to the top*

Hope you can understand. Am i right?
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • Yep that's right. It still doesn't give us much control over it.
  • echonapechonap Member
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    I've been looking into it, and kinda found out how they sort them

Priorities *in order*
    Epic (goes to the top first)
    Then level (ranks between the epic/non epic heros) *higher level goes to the top*
    Stars (ranks between same level both epic or non epic heros) *higher star goes to the top*
    Roster power (decides their final place between same star, same level, same star, both epic or non epic) *higher roster power goes to the top*

Hope you can understand. Am i right?

The top sort order is "available to be summoned" vs "summoned" vs "not summoned". Then the rest of your post is correct.