Patch Notes: April 25th, 2018 [Meet the Barbarians!]

Comments

• I am going to make a list of sweet stuff other people have i don't

Portal lists, fear revamp, that list of awesome stuff, and DRAKK 92% of all skins
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Do Barbarians do more damage if I increase the volume of my phone?

I'm not sure about volume, but you better keep the battery fully charged....
  • @Joel for balog’s barbarian assault passive it’s only 10% In game but says 20% in the post 14bodgl84nbp.png
  • @Joel for balog’s barbarian assault passive it’s only 10% In game but says 20% in the post 14bodgl84nbp.png

but EVEN THATS WRONG! its not even 20% increase, ITS 30!!

(Crowd goes wild and then a wild mob forms and starts a massive war)
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    The Patch Notes fail to mention that Abigail is now a Rogue.

Why? Seriously. Why? First Yorick, now her? It makes no sense. What does making those two into Rogues do? How does it make any thematic or mechanical sense? It's just wretchedly stupid.

You can have two Warriors in one family. No one's complaining. I swear they're gonna make Zurk a Rogue the next time the Goblins get a revamp. And it'll make about as much sense.
  • coneyK wrote: »
    The Patch Notes fail to mention that Abigail is now a Rogue.

Why? Seriously. Why? First Yorick, now her? It makes no sense. What does making those two into Rogues do? How does it make any thematic or mechanical sense? It's just wretchedly stupid.

You can have two Warriors in one family. No one's complaining. I swear they're gonna make Zurk a Rogue the next time the Goblins get a revamp. And it'll make about as much sense.

It won't be zurk, they will Make him into a berserker that on crit gains allies a stack of rage, but they will Make... Squinch

Nub nub into a rogue
  • @shiggity80 @toothlessmon Just a friendly reminder that if you are quoting someone with a picture in their post; please remove the code for the picture. Now there are 6 photos of the Pwn shop, where only 2 were needed. Makes for a pretty annoying thread.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    @shiggity80 @toothlessmon Just a friendly reminder that if you are quoting someone with a picture in their post; please remove the code for the picture. Now there are 6 photos of the Pwn shop, where only 2 were needed. Makes for a pretty annoying thread.

You can remove from quote... That's new
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 26
    I don't even have Ignus in my roster, as it turns out. Does his Incinerate (corpse removing attack) get thwarted if the enemy has a phoenix feather? He sounds like he'd be pretty cool with my flying team, either way...
    danac wrote: »

Why do I always read your posts in this loud, angry voice?

Why are you always reading his posts aloud?
    Why are you not reading posts out loud?
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • Why complain about Abigail being fast? It’s a plus not a negative. Seriously of all the thing to moan about, why that?
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Why complain about Abigail being fast? It’s a plus not a negative. Seriously of all the thing to moan about, why that?

Idk if she would see play if she wasn't fast honestly, she is kinda squishy... squishier then nerfed ignus (Before the whole barb thing, and when runes were first added they nerfed a lot of heroes, the teams were frost and fire... IMO thats why they hold the whole fire and frost evetnts... as a memorial to the fire and frost wars previously waged long ago...)

also ignus grants entire team like 1 energy making him mega op... hope he isn't nerfed again... although he can't use his corpse burn on solaris XD

Also i wonder what the corpse burn does to barbs, will it break immunity or will it just flop on face... also its kinda fun stealing pheonix feathers, the ashes shield that reduces damage taken by 45%, stealing taunt, stealing shade spirit link, shrouded, and many other unique buffs... main buff i love to steal is honestly is the defense buffs, also i wonder if ignus can steal the whole can't die this turn thing... that would be very BAD...

But awesome
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    I don't even have Ignus in my roster, as it turns out. Does his Incinerate (corpse removing attack) get thwarted if the enemy has a phoenix feather? He sounds like he'd be pretty cool with my flying team, either way...

Why do I always read your posts in this loud, angry voice?

Why are you always reading his posts aloud?
    Why are you not reading posts out loud?

because a childhood accident left me without the ability to speak.
    Thanks for bringing that up.

• danacdanac Member
    Why complain about Abigail being fast? It’s a plus not a negative. Seriously of all the thing to moan about, why that?

don't care that she's fast, but she really shouldn't be a rogue.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Why complain about Abigail being fast? It’s a plus not a negative. Seriously of all the thing to moan about, why that?

Yeah, now 3/4 Fast Fire heroes are Rogues.
  • danac wrote: »

Yeah, now 3/4 Fast Fire heroes are Rogues.

Embers next... CyaSuckersShe'sAlreadyARogue
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited April 26
    All rogues are apparently fast so because she's fast need she needs a rogue tag, and she needs a weakness. Since there's no dp against barbarians we have to rune all our meta teams with dp vs rogues and warriors. I know the rogues weakness: yokozuna
    He dazes, he taunts, he recovers life, he's water, boosted dmg vs rogues :) I feel like putting all atk/crit runes on him and using him with Abigail lol
  • All rogues are apparently fast so because she's fast need she needs a rogue tag, and she needs a weakness. Since there's no dp against barbarians we have to rune all our meta teams with dp vs rogues and warriors. I know the rogues weakness: yokozuna
    He dazes, he taunts, he recovers life, he's water

She won't be some kind of attack hero, i think she will be a massive support hero, increasing defense, attack and other stuff
    This update in a nutshell:

6o21debeepaj.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Balog's Barbarian Assault is in fact boosting damage by 20% per stack, this is just a text bug, we'll have it fixed. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • All rogues are apparently fast so because she's fast need she needs a rogue tag, and she needs a weakness. Since there's no dp against barbarians we have to rune all our meta teams with dp vs rogues and warriors. I know the rogues weakness: yokozuna
    He dazes, he taunts, he recovers life, he's water, boosted dmg vs rogues :) I feel like putting all atk/crit runes on him and using him with Abigail lol
    All rogues are not fast, Nim? Ella? Daeris?
    litespeed
    All rogues are not fast, Nim? Ella? Daeris?

Aria
  • Yorick, yes my list was not all inclusive. just wanted to give a few examples.
    litespeed
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    For those asking about the Pwn Shop update, I didn't have it yesterday, but it showed up today for me. Hopefully we'll all have it soon.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    So how is everyone going to rune their barbarians? Full attack seems obvious but I bet you could get away with anything like full defense or something since their rage gives them plenty of attack to begin with if they're with balog
  • coneyKconeyK Member

This is not at all what I was complaining about. I was saying it’s ridiculous for to be a rogue, not for her to be fast.

Will the devs answer this one? @Joel answered the Balog question but skipped mine. Who should I ask to get this added to the Guild Summit docket?
  • Ududu2 wrote: »
    So how is everyone going to rune their barbarians? Full attack seems obvious but I bet you could get away with anything like full defense or something since their rage gives them plenty of attack to begin with if they're with balog

Lifesteal and attack and defense are the running options, might actually run one of them with damage reduction to get one of their damage reductions to 90%!!! Jk just vamp defense and offense... No use for skill
    ScoutYo wrote: »
    For those asking about the Pwn Shop update, I didn't have it yesterday, but it showed up today for me. Hopefully we'll all have it soon.
    ScoutYo wrote: »

Just showed up for me too

Yorick, yes my list was not all inclusive. just wanted to give a few examples.

Ah yes, I forgot they made the Skeleton King into a Rogue. Which is weird, considering he used to take less damage from them.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited April 26
    Hey @coneyK. I forgot to include the part about Abigail becoming a rogue, that was my bad! I've edited the patch notes to reflect the change.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • dvd54407dvd54407 Member
    edited April 26
    @Joel Several questions on mechanics...

1. Indomitable Will (Drakk) - is the 15% DR per stack additive or multiplicative? e.g., assuming no other DR runes or passives, with 5 stacks, would total DR be 75% or 56%?

2. Rage (All) - Rage cannot be stolen, but can it be purged? Does an attempt to "steal" it reset the rage or have no effect (e.g., Shade Spirit Link's Drakk who has 5 rage... does Drakk remain at 5 rage?)

3. Unbridled Rage (Drakk) - In regards to stealing/purging, how is this supposed to work? Should it function like Icebloom or Ekko's passive where it cannot be stolen or purged, they WILL survive through the end of that round? Or is it more like Feathers that can be stolen, purged, etc. and Barbarians can die within the same round? Because I've seen a SS of Shade using Spirit Link to steal it

BUG:
    - It appears that Dmg Multipliers (like Haunted) is overcoming Unbridled Rage. Saw a video of Shade Haunting Balog (half health now), and Hopper one-shots Abigail and Balog the very next attack. Probably the same issue I recently reported with multipliers overcoming Hansuke's Parried! passive.
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @coneyK. I forgot to include the part about Abigail becoming a rogue, that was my bad! I've edited the patch notes to reflect the change.

Yes. But WHY is she a Rogue now? What motivated that change? @Joel