Alexandros Buff

As we all know, Alex sucks. His abilities are similar to a very basic tank, Stonefist is probably better. I think the reflect/shock has potential to be good but not as it is now. As he could combo with Marrow sometime, he doesn't need to auto taunt but it would be good to combine taunt with reflect. Since there are people like Shade and Lily with SUPER op reflects, I think his could be buffed up to 75%. Also, he should be given the spirit tag and spirit resist because his picture has all the blue between his armor. Now I think all spirit resist people should change to 50-80% resist since if they ever come into the meta games will never end. If Ekko, Marrow, Alex became good, they could shock and damage when taking damage pretty well. Maybe Alex could have an ability called paralytic support where, when enemies take shock damage, allies heal 20% of that damage. Even with these buffs, I still think Alex wouldn't be meta but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Comments

• Deathrift_Deathrift_ Member
    Ekko isn't bad. He has his purposes, and it's not being a attack dog. Marrow generally sucks, and it is EXTREMELY hard to get his tokens. I mean, they put Solaris in the heroic portal, and aria, so why not allow Marrow too?
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Ekko isn't bad. He has his purposes, and it's not being a attack dog. Marrow generally sucks, and it is EXTREMELY hard to get his tokens. I mean, they put Solaris in the heroic portal, and aria, so why not allow Marrow too?

True, but Ekko is getting outmatched in energy generation by 3, 5 energy every other turn is really good, not to mention he can be an attac of, he burns corpses, has the turn of immunity except it procs in the beginning, and not mentioning the fact he also has way better energy usage...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

True, but Ekko is getting outmatched in energy generation by 3, 5 energy every other turn is really good, not to mention he can be an attac of, he burns corpses, has the turn of immunity except it procs in the beginning, and not mentioning the fact he also has way better energy usage...

Can you try that again? I don't understand who you're comparing him to.

Also yes Ekko has his purpose, that doesn't mean he has a place in the meta. I want a potentially good hero to see play.

Can you try that again? I don't understand who you're comparing him to.

Also yes Ekko has his purpose, that doesn't mean he has a place in the meta. I want a potentially good hero to see play.

Right sorry, I was comparing him to ignus, and I know Ekko still has a purpace... I just wish I could see him in pvp instead of ignus.
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Oh... they aren't comparable at all. I want Ekko to actually have a place in the meta on a team rather than "I want energy for XYZ hero. Lets put Ekko in." Ignus is a caster that deals high damage, burns corpses, and spread fire and rage. Not sure how they are even vying for the same spot on a team.
  • Oh... they aren't comparable at all. I want Ekko to actually have a place in the meta on a team rather than "I want energy for XYZ hero. Lets put Ekko in." Ignus is a caster that deals high damage, burns corpses, and spread fire and rage. Not sure how they are even vying for the same spot on a team.
    the reason he is used is because he gains upto 5 energy for the entire team when he is at max stacks of rage and yeah but i really do miss seeing ekko.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I had to look up Alex's abilities and traits on the DB wiki, since I've never wasted any time on him. Assuming it's correct, Alex's traits seem pretty random. He does double damage to beasts. Why? He shocks on crits - but he's a tank, so he's probably not going to crit very often...?

I like the idea of making Alex both a spirit and a construct. It gives him two solid characters to team up with, and some other hero could get a revamp as well to be the fourth spirit. How about turning Kobal into a spirit? Kobal and Shade already look like kindred spirits (hurr), as Shade is basically Kobal with fewer clothes. There's already some cool synergy there in that Kobal's Dark Deception and Ekko's Will of the Wisp II sees this team start with extra energy. Ekko's Ethereal trait (can't die on turn one) could be extended to include all allied light heroes, too, while we're talking about that guy.

There's no spirit tank yet, either. Constructs already have a tank in Furnace, and a light team already has a tank in Leo. Yes, neither of those are particularly good teams at the moment, but the niche is already filled, unlike for Spirits.

Damage Reflection could have a damage reduction (%) component. If Damage Reflection helped keep Alex's team alive as well as do a bit of, well, damage reflection, that'd be useful! The taunt mechanic simply isn't good enough at keeping the team alive. (This is a problem with a lot of the game's tanks). Then rename the ability; might I suggest "Harsh Ethereality"?

Give Alex a cool trait that helps his teammates survive, too. How about a version of Furnace's Abs of Steel that applies to his teammates, but not to Alex himself? Or that Alex redirects a percentage of the damage done to any teammate to himself? And on the subject of traits, dump beast hunter (boring, not thematic) and buff Shocking Grasp. Make Shocking Grasp apply to his allies, as well, who are more likely to have a higher crit chance.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I had to look up Alex's abilities and traits on the DB wiki, since I've never wasted any time on him. Assuming it's correct, Alex's traits seem pretty random. He does double damage to beasts. Why? He shocks on crits - but he's a tank, so he's probably not going to crit very often...?

I like the idea of making Alex both a spirit and a construct. It gives him two solid characters to team up with, and some other hero could get a revamp as well to be the fourth spirit. How about turning Kobal into a spirit? Kobal and Shade already look like kindred spirits (hurr), as Shade is basically Kobal with fewer clothes. There's already some cool synergy there in that Kobal's Dark Deception and Ekko's Will of the Wisp II sees this team start with extra energy. Ekko's Ethereal trait (can't die on turn one) could be extended to include all allied light heroes, too, while we're talking about that guy.

There's no spirit tank yet, either. Constructs already have a tank in Furnace, and a light team already has a tank in Leo. Yes, neither of those are particularly good teams at the moment, but the niche is already filled, unlike for Spirits.

Damage Reflection could have a damage reduction (%) component. If Damage Reflection helped keep Alex's team alive as well as do a bit of, well, damage reflection, that'd be useful! The taunt mechanic simply isn't good enough at keeping the team alive. (This is a problem with a lot of the game's tanks). Then rename the ability; might I suggest "Harsh Ethereality"?

Give Alex a cool trait that helps his teammates survive, too. How about a version of Furnace's Abs of Steel that applies to his teammates, but not to Alex himself? Or that Alex redirects a percentage of the damage done to any teammate to himself? And on the subject of traits, dump beast hunter (boring, not thematic) and buff Shocking Grasp. Make Shocking Grasp apply to his allies as well, who are more likely to have a higher crit chance and get some use out of it.
  • Stinky wrote: »

Give Alex a cool trait that helps his teammates survive, too. How about a version of Furnace's Abs of Steel that applies to his teammates, but not to Alex himself? Or that Alex redirects a percentage of the damage done to any teammate to himself? And on the subject of traits, dump beast hunter (boring, not thematic) and buff Shocking Grasp. Make Shocking Grasp apply to his allies as well, who are more likely to have a higher crit chance and get some use out of it.

I don't think shocking grasp for allies is needed because Ekko would likely already be on the team but maybe he could give the ally with the highest skill this trait. What would be really cool is a taunt that coalesces AOEs onto himself and reduce damage taken by 50%. So if an AOE would deal 100 damage to each ally, they wouldn't take any and he would take 400*50% or 200. I think they don't want to have spirit tanks yet because spirits are 100% spirit immune and a taunt would make enemy spirits useless. This could be changed so he just has spirit resist at 50%. That way a spirit AOE with the above example would deal 100 damage.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Spirits aren't inherently spirit immune. Ekko is spirit, lightning and light immune from a trait (Will of the Wisp II), but an unlinked Shade will die to a blast to the face like any other fool. Shocking Grasp on all allies would be handy because then Ekko can actually use Spectroblast on turn two. Given the amount of Grogs out there, it'd probably be up to Shade to deliver the crit anyway.
  • Maybe Solaris can be made spirit. 🤔 It's not like there are any combos to buff her, it's just a name tag since she is spirit immune. Then she has a place on a spirit team. :P
  • Maybe Solaris can be made spirit. 🤔 It's not like there are any combos to buff her, it's just a name tag since she is spirit immune. Then she has a place on a spirit team. :P

I'm cool as long as I no longer have to use Solaris for them passives

I'm cool as long as I no longer have to use Solaris for them passives

Heroes need to have combo-ing traits if those traits are good. That's what makes this game- the combos. You can't just have random teams. That's no fun.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    The Solaris-specific ones have always felt over the top to me. It's enough that Solaris boosts beasts' health and has the free auto-res for beasts when she rises from the ashes. Using a non-Solaris beast team is undesirable for that alone, so I don't think it's necessary to tie Lupina's follow-up/Jabber's lifesteal/etc. to Solaris' presence.
  • I think the constant res and healing factors can be split off as a whole new hero- lets just say that's just Solaris- no beast combos at all. Then the beast leader and combos should be split to a different beast legendary- maybe Pignius or a new hero. One hero doesn't need that much utility.
  • I think the constant res and healing factors can be split off as a whole new hero- lets just say that's just Solaris- no beast combos at all. Then the beast leader and combos should be split to a different beast legendary- maybe Pignius or a new hero. One hero doesn't need that much utility.

why would they put so much work into making a new hero just to balence a hero, i think they would rather just scrap it all instead.
  • I'm saying Solaris could be split in two and both sides would still be balanced. It could be that Pignius becomes the legendary beast leader and Solaris is a legendary healer.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited May 3
    I'm saying Solaris could be split in two and both sides would still be balanced. It could be that Pignius becomes the legendary beast leader and Solaris is a legendary healer.

I know, but your forgetting of a Dev method I like to call reason method, if it fits these 3 catagoris they will do it- not a lot of coding involved which it doesn't really fit that, make game base hyped and excited which I guess some people would, but not enough to justify all of the angry grog gnog or flying team users that would just stop playing for a while, I guess it fits the third one-giving players a reason to spend, I just don't know how they could implement this correctly, I mean a lot of players find it frustrating that they have to run a Solaris on their team for the lifesteal or whatever rather then running a shikate and lily or whatever, not to mention it isn't to creative, if it was single element I also think that would inspire people to make creative teams, of course you could just run Solaris but I want it to be an option that I don't have to run her for her benefiting passives.

Maybe it could be like lifesteal 25%, if on a team with Solaris increase it to 50% or something??
  • Not sure why Grog players would be angry. I use Grog Solaris Pig so not much would change besides beasts wouldn't be ressed every time she comes back (which is a welcome nerf). The only thing I see this negatively affecting would be Torchy on flying teams. No spread burn.

Like I've said before, many teams have to have combos, that's what makes smart team building worth while. All the Solaris/beast combos should not proc alone or that would purely be a direct buff to all non-Solaris beasts. Those buff should be from a beast leader legendary (which Pignius already partially fits that role) and Solaris with her resses would be powerful enough to be a legendary healer on her own without any beast combos.
  • Not sure why Grog players would be angry. I use Grog Solaris Pig so not much would change besides beasts wouldn't be ressed every time she comes back (which is a welcome nerf). The only thing I see this negatively affecting would be Torchy on flying teams. No spread burn.

Like I've said before, many teams have to have combos, that's what makes smart team building worth while. All the Solaris/beast combos should not proc alone or that would purely be a direct buff to all non-Solaris beasts. Those buff should be from a beast leader legendary (which Pignius already partially fits that role) and Solaris with her resses would be powerful enough to be a legendary healer on her own without any beast combos.

That's just it tho, it's limiting the ability of our heroes, I mean think about it if there was a hero and then it just made all of your heroes stronger you would probably run it, if they split it into TWO heroes then that's one less spot for their grog gnog or their agnon's or something,devs have made it quite clear they are not adding any new slots, imagine if they just decide to limit th max number of heroes from 4 to 3, wouldn't you be furious??
  • Deathrift_Deathrift_ Member
    I'd actually like to see a legendary spirit, along with spirit hero revamps. That would seem pretty cool, but and it would also make sense for solaris to become a beast spirit but then she would have more passives.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see a legendary spirit, along with spirit hero revamps. That would seem pretty cool, but and it would also make sense for solaris to become a beast spirit but then she would have more passives.

So a legendary Spirit hero, THEN make Solaris a Spirit, so that there's two legendary Spirits, one of which is Solaris?

No thanks.

So a legendary Spirit hero, THEN make Solaris a Spirit, so that there's two legendary Spirits, one of which is Solaris?

No thanks.

Shade is getting a new passive called bestial link which makes all enemies take damage from spirit link... No thanks

No thanks.

Shade is getting a new passive called bestial link which makes all enemies take damage from spirit link... No thanks

No....?

Also about splitting Solaris in two, it's not removing a slot. It's splitting an already crazy legendary healer from a legendary beast leader.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Splitting Solaris in two, as opposed to just unchaining the Solaris-specific bonuses, means that team composition becomes more rigid. Instead of being obliged to always run Solaris, you're required to run both Solaris 1 and Solaris 2 to get the most out of the other beasts. If the beasts are simply handed those bonuses, then (for example) Toothless' Rocky/Lily/Jabber/Bovus becomes better, as those beasts are now more independant of Solaris.
  • edited May 4
    But by handing out bonuses, team combos become worse. If Solaris was split in two, the res/healer would not be beast at all but just a good all around healer (which some people use her for anyways) and the people (like toothless) that run her just for the passives just have to replace her with Solaris 2 or Pignius (being legendary leader) or whatever.

It also nerfs Solaris/beasts which people are complaining about being OP so... why are you against a nerf?
  • But by handing out bonuses, team combos become worse. If Solaris was split in two, the res/healer would not be beast at all but just a good all around healer (which some people use her for anyways) and the people (like toothless) that run her just for the passives just have to replace her with Solaris 2 or Pignius (being legendary leader) or whatever.

It also nerfs Solaris/beasts which people are complaining about being OP so... why are you against a nerf?

It would be a nerf anyway, and what do you mean they are asking for nerfs, that's barbs now, and then they wouldn't be seen as much because no Solaris means a happy crowd, what your implying is that you want DB to split Solaris into 2 heroes, further limiting creativity this game used to have, if we split her into 2 we would never be able to do anything against grog and gore tusk teams,because no lily or shikate on the team means no way to deal with that overstated hero, in fact it wouldn't even nerf Solaris at all, in fact it would just buff the grog gnog gore tau solar is teams because then other beast team users like me wouldn't have enough space to fit in something that gives me enough to push through that gore tusk... And this way everyone would just switch over to barbs and just totally break this... Again I have said this so many times- don't cause fire and water to happen again, everyone hated this game for a while and then it cooled off, idk how much more this game can TAKE!!
  • SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited May 4
    I don't think it really makes a lot of sense why you would make Solaris a spirit, although then again I don't really get why she is spirit immune, as I think that should be a spirit-only trait (I know it would buff Shade, but I think it just makes thematic sense.)

I was thinking before it would be cool that rather than have a spirit team, that each spirit buffed their element, and there was only one of each. I know that means that Alex wouldn't be a spirit, but I don't think it really fits him, as I don't think a spirit/construct fits all that well.

And I agree that beast hunter is a stupid passive for him. On the topic of a Solaris nerf, I think it would be cool if they had a Sir William epic release and rework were they change beast hunter and make it more powerful. Maybe it could do extra damage against beasts, and whenever a team member is attacked by a beast William has a revenge attack that does 1.5 damage of the final hit? So if the beast had and attack that did 500 damage, it then did 250 because of defense, so it then did (250*1.5)*2= 750 damage. That way if someone was revenge attacked by a whole beast team William would wail on all the beasts >:) .

TLDR; Solaris shouldn't be a sprit and neither should Alex, spirits sould be more element focused than familly focused, and William needs an OP Beast Hunter passive.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • StinkyStinky Member
    The example I gave (Rocky/Lily/Jabber/Bovus) doesn't have Solaris in at all, and would be much better if Jabber/Bovus had their lifesteal/bonus attack baked in. If Solaris was split in two, it would make no difference to his team. So by handing out bonuses and allowing beasts to stand on their own two feet/paws/hooves etc., team combos actually become better. If IGO was buffed so that he was the water version of Lily, a water team would have a better chance if Grog and Gore had their bonuses without Solaris present.

If Solaris was split in two, then Team Green is no better off. Team Beast just runs both Solaris 1 and 2. Nothing really changes.

On the subject of nerfing Solaris - I think I'd rather see others brought up to her level than risk seeing Solaris get smashed. For example, I think your thread about buffing Emily is on the mark.
  • @Stinky Impeccable timing!
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."