Rune Suggestions for Drakk and Barbarian Friends

Does anyone have suggestions for how best to rune Drakk and his three barbarian friends? Up till now, I never used those three older characters for much except Tower fodder. With Drakk entering the picture and the barbarian retooling I need to be able to handle the new meta.

Thanks 😄
Tagged:

Comments

• I like heavy attack on Abigail and Balog. Drakk a bit more tanky. Ignus can ride the bench.
  • I like heavy attack on Abigail and Balog. Drakk a bit more tanky. Ignus can ride the bench.

I would tune abagail,ignus and drakk with 3 attack runes of any kind and 2 lifesteal/touch runes, and balog with 3 vamp/health runes and 2 attack runes.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

I would tune abagail,ignus and drakk with 3 attack runes of any kind and 2 lifesteal/touch runes, and balog with 3 vamp/health runes and 2 attack runes.

I thought you said you only had 2 vamp runes... xD

I would make Abi and Ig all damage/crit and maybe a little skill. Balog mostly tank with some damage and Drakk mostly damage with some tanking.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    None of the Barbs really need tankiness. If you invest in enough tankiness to get them to live past round 1 (by live I mean not get down to 1 health with their passive), you won’t have enough damage. Just give them all full damage, let them get down to 1 health, and shred the enemy team.
  • What do you do against Leo/Lily/GT/Solaris teams?
    What do you do against Leo/Lily/GT/Solaris teams?

With enough damage, you can wipe them out in one turn. I wouldn’t recommend a full Barb team against them though... maybe replace Ignus with Solaris just in case they revive and you don’t beat them first turn.
  • What do you do against Leo/Lily/GT/Solaris teams?

With enough damage, you can wipe them out in one turn. I wouldn’t recommend a full Barb team against them though... maybe replace Ignus with Solaris just in case they revive and you don’t beat them first turn.

I don't get why everyone is recommending that they replace ignus XD he is the best damage dealer on the team, and he burns corpses, and generates a lot of energy... I just don't know why people see 4 attacks on all enemies and think meh I mean come on that's like 4 attacks not to mention he boosts Abigail's damage to burning targets... The only hero this team has any struggle against at all is agnon, I would say shade but the only reason he is a problem is because he causes all sorts of bugs to go off on the barbs.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
    What do you do against Leo/Lily/GT/Solaris teams?

I don't get why everyone is recommending that they replace ignus XD he is the best damage dealer on the team, and he burns corpses, and generates a lot of energy... I just don't know why people see 4 attacks on all enemies and think meh I mean come on that's like 4 attacks not to mention he boosts Abigail's damage to burning targets... The only hero this team has any struggle against at all is agnon, I would say shade but the only reason he is a problem is because he causes all sorts of bugs to go off on the barbs.

I get Ignus is valuable, but consider the the other options. Drakk is literally necessary. Balog is perhaps the best Barbarian now besides Drakk.
    Now you just have Ignus and Abigail left. Both are pretty good, but I’d drop Ignus because Abigail has three important features:
    - She’s Fast, so she can buff allies before they attack and take out a normal speed target before they attack.
    - She buffs team Atk, which is much less RNG-based and more reliable than Ignus giving your team Burning Touch.
    - She has synergy with Balog. I get Ignus has synergy, but it’s not really with anyone specifically. it’s just with Barbarians in general. Abigail has both Barbarian synergy, and it’s specified to Balog, meaning that that synergy is even stronger.

Ignus isn’t bad by any means. It’s just that the other Barbarians bring more to the table. Not to mention to make use of his Heist most effectively he has to stay alive a couple turns to gain not only the energy to use it, but the Rage to make it effective.

I suppose in theory you could build a full tank Ignus who’s sole purpose is to survive as long as possible and feed your other Barbarians energy, but compare that to Abigail’s straight-forward and offense-oriented gameplay and Abigail just wins because she doesn’t involve any risks.