are there other heroes besides Abigail, Balog, Drakk, and Shade?

the latest changes have been interesting in terms of the new barbarian team, however, have we gone too far with the power creep?

Yes, this game has continuously gone through phases of “most OP team”, it’s natural, everyone will find the best at attack, or best at defense, and run those teams, but this is the first time I can remember, where both the attack and the defense teams have been the same, and so widely spread, that basically every match has the heroes.

This is also how I know the claim that the ToP is populated by our PVP opponents pool is totally false, because if that were true, I’d have an entire tower full of shade, abi, balog, and drakk.

I don’t know what can be done, but pvp is kinda boring right now. It’s just the same opponents over and over again. The only interesting part is to see if the opponent drakk is armed with the caster rune.
soon™ - it's the answer to everything

Comments

• NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Nope. There aren't.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 14
    oredith wrote: »
    This is also how I know the claim that the ToP is populated by our PVP opponents pool is totally false, because if that were true, I’d have an entire tower full of shade, abi, balog, and drakk.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but at the lower end of the pool it's only recently that real Agnon teams have started to filter through. I guess the higher your roster power, the quicker people will be to update their teams. (Or care enough to change them at all.) I still get Pontis in my towers.

Given my run-ins so far with Shade Barbies, I'll be happy if people take a very long time to alter their defenders.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    I can't speak for anyone else, but at the lower end of the pool it's only recently that real Agnon teams have started to filter through. I guess the higher your roster power, the quicker people will be to update their teams. (Or care enough to change them at all.) I still get Pontis in my towers.
    i'm pretty consistently in legend 1, but not fighting for the 100. my tower is still filled with low 60s with totally random heroes, with a sprinkle of maybe 2-3 levels that have actual viable teams in pvp (ie, lvl 70, using relevant heroes).

i haven't fully thought this proposal through, but maybe one of the things that can be done is to switch balog's abilities, and put his taunt on first, and his shout/silence 2nd with a 1 turn cooldown, so that he can't AOE silence right off the bat. without the silence, there's a bit more options in how to counter the barbs.
  • edited May 14
    oredith wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »
    i'm pretty consistently in legend 1, but not fighting for the 100. my tower is still filled with low 60s with totally random heroes, with a sprinkle of maybe 2-3 levels that have actual viable teams in pvp (ie, lvl 70, using relevant heroes).

i haven't fully thought this proposal through, but maybe one of the things that can be done is to switch balog's abilities, and put his taunt on first, and his shout/silence 2nd with a 1 turn cooldown, so that he can't AOE silence right off the bat. without the silence, there's a bit more options in how to counter the barbs.

His taunt isn't good until he has stacks. But it would be good to swap the silence to the second ability (while still charged at the beginning) so defense doesn't use it right away.
  • oredithoredith Member
    His taunt isn't good until he has stacks. But it would be good to swap the silence to the second ability (while still charged at the beginning) so defense doesn't use it right away.
    true, but that'd be what I consider a bandaid approach, where it doesn't really address the problem. it simply gives an advantage to the attacking barb+shade team. even without AOE silence, the defense is still going to be paired up with shade so that balog can't be frozen, silenced, or burned (i honestly can't remember, will ferno's 1st attack purge the shade defense and burn balog?)

my hope (and others in my guild) is that the pending light/dark hero even will bring some interesting changes to existing heroes that'll give us some options against the barbs. if we have to wait for 3-5 weeks for the current meta to change, it's going to be a really long several weeks.

• StinkyStinky Member
    Ferno's Wildfire won't, but Koros' Pyre, Solaris' Fire Bird (+Snow Day), etc. will purge Sroud. It can also be stolen if you have those runes. Wildfire will prevent Shade from Spirit Linking, Possessing, and re-Shrouding, assuming you can get it on the slippery little blighter in the first place.
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    Most my tower floors are filled with Solaris beast teams or barb teams.
  • Shade makes barbs stronger...makes Balog stronger again, and whatever dark hero is improved will also be made stronger by Shade! xD
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Well, thanks to the Dark event a few weeks ago, the 80% retaining of honor from season to season, and now the Barbies, I've hit Legend 1 for the first time ever.

I'm not usually a PvP fan so I rarely do more than strictly necessary, but the Barbs have made winning quick and relatively easy. With Solaris every battle became a drag for me, but with the Barbs one way or another I'm not tied into a 10 minute battle each time.

There are teams that have beaten my Barbs soundly, so they're not all-powerful, it just takes time for strategies to filter through.