Dark VS Light! Choose Your Element!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
4m2dt3caklsd.png

Who cares about Yanny and Laurel? Everyone knows the real clash is between Dark and Light!

This event is similar to our Water/Fire event from March. When you log into the game, you’ll see the “Dark VS Light” event image, which will have a button for each element. Tap on the element that you want to team up with that day. When you choose an element, you’ll unlock an exclusive event dungeon, leaderboard, and boost for heroes of that element**. The boost will give heroes of that element slightly increased attack, defense, health, skill AND will do a basic follow-up attack after ANY (non follow-up) attack made by other allies of that color! You will be able to choose again starting at 3pm CST each day of the event. You can swap elements or choose the same one each day!

Depending on the element you choose, you will get access to a leaderboard that tracks the number of Crypt (Dark) or Mountain (Light) dungeons you complete/quick loot AND any raids you win with at least two heroes of that element. The leaderboard will pay out at 3pm CST every day when the new event day starts.

There will be also guild leaderboards that will track contributions for both Crypt and Mountain dungeons, plus raid victories with at least two heroes of one of the elements (winning a raid with one Light hero and one Dark hero will NOT count) that will pay out at the end of the event.

In addition, we've reworked both Archangel Emily and Malice, which you can read about HERE.

**Note: In PVP, the elemental boost chosen by the attacker will be active for both sides of the battle.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    Thanks! Was wondering...

(I was tempted to say, "You can Run, but You Can't Hide", but -you- can hide!)
  • danacdanac Member
    I don't see why you can't get tickets by raiding regular dark and light dungeons.

Thumbs down.

Also, I get light heroes are very weak right now, but do your really think making Abi and Pig light will fix that?

• BarleymanBarleyman Member
    The individual rewards are well balanced, but I think the Guild reward requirements are still way too high.

In most 'Set Target' events we should be seeing the top 50 Guilds making the top reward tier. At the current rate we're not going to see more than 10-12 Guilds make even the 3rd tier.

Quick looting gives the individual next to nothing in tickets for the shop, but is the only way some people can be hitting the number they do.

The daily dark leader has 12565 points right now. As I understand the event rules that's 1 point for every crypt dungeon run or quicklooted since the counter reset 18 hours ago, plus one point for every pvp raid win with 2 light or dark heroes. S/he hasn't been online for 5 hours, we can assume that's a sleep period, so this was done in 11 hours. That's 1142 points per hour, around 19 dungeons quicklooted or raids won per minute, or one every 3 seconds. It takes at least 3 seconds for me to cycle a quickloot, not counting time out for selling off runes (you can always not bother), or purchasing stamina. So a screen tap every 1.5 seconds for 11 hours straight. That's some dedication.

To save these poor dedicated players from repetitive strain injury, and let them win without having to spend every waking minute of their weekend tapping a screen repeatedly, could the Guild and Daily rewards be based not on how fast/often you can quickloot, but on tickets earned? This at least allows the individual to work towards their own personal rewards while also helping their guild. The event dungeons give out 200, 300 or 500 tickets per full run, so the dedicated players who are happy to spend every waking minute playing this game will be able to amass a nice haul tickets AND benefit their guild.
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

The daily dark leader has 12565 points right now. As I understand the event rules that's 1 point for every crypt dungeon run or quicklooted since the counter reset 18 hours ago, plus one point for every pvp raid win with 2 light or dark heroes. S/he hasn't been online for 5 hours, we can assume that's a sleep period, so this was done in 11 hours. That's 1142 points per hour, around 19 dungeons quicklooted or raids won per minute, or one every 3 seconds. It takes at least 3 seconds for me to cycle a quickloot, not counting time out for selling off runes (you can always not bother), or purchasing stamina. So a screen tap every 1.5 seconds for 11 hours straight. That's some dedication.

to be fair, this is an abberration.
    Hopper and Nili[?] decided to hold a.... limb measuring contest. This is the 2nd or 3rd time this type of event has run, and the previous times- and days of this one- have seen 2-5 thousand yield first place.
    Sometimes even lower.

Even that's kinda high- someone in my guild calculated that if you had 10k stamina, you'd still wind up spending 8k gems to hit 3,000 dungeons.

But thumbs up tot he idea of making it about tickets and not ql, but then they'd lose revenue.

• 7lqrgfo4n7dt.png

The ordinary Totem pack sold out after I bought 5 of them, it says 10 is available :( How do I know? I started with 61.000 tickets before i started to purchase them.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Next time this kind of event happens, could you please not send people who aren't competing mail that basically says we didn't win anything on the daily leaderboard challenge? I understand the sentiment, but I can't have been anywhere close to winning anything. Not even remotely. Perhaps only send the letter to the next 50 people outside the bottom bracket?
  • danacdanac Member
    I did one yellow dungeon yesterday and I was told I didn't get any rewards.
    I was hoping that was enough....
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    I'm in a top 5-8 guild and I must say the top tier reward is set way to high.
  • echonapechonap Member
    kpung07 wrote: »

H4Hopper disagrees. He almost hit it solo. :lol:
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    echonap wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »

H4Hopper disagrees. He almost hit it solo. :lol:

Yeah some of those daily individual numbers were just insane.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Why don’t you guys save some marketing bucks and just call the next event quick loot vs quick loot.

---
    The Potato Army