Patch Notes: May 29th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
We've got a nice blend of fixes today!
  • Fixed a bug in the Tower of Pwnage related to Hopper.
  • Fixed the 4th stat of runes from the event shop that you can buy with tickets. The stat was meant to be Damage Reduction in PVP. Blanket "Damage Reduction" has never existed as a 4th stat for runes. Apologies for the confusion.
  • Emily is now immune to possession.
  • Koros no longer does "Practiced Hunter" attacks after being killed/revived by Leonidus.
  • Fixed a bug that would make a Zomminion appear in the wrong spot if Overlord Executum had swapped places with another hero due to Vigilance.
  • Fixed the placement of Zomminions so they will not be as close together on the battlefield.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 30
    Thank you for the Zomminion fixes!!

Now, if you could just make it easier to target Solaris' ashes...
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Nice good to see the tower hopper bug fixed!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Ududu2 wrote: »

What was the bug? I use hopper a lot in the Tower and PvP and never noticed anything amiss.

Ditto on Solaris' ashes. The hidden ashes have cost me a lot of PvP matches and prolonged battles. Just make the pile bigger so people can see it, or space the defenders apart more, like Zomminions.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

What was the bug? I use hopper a lot in the Tower and PvP and never noticed anything amiss.

Ditto on Solaris' ashes. The hidden ashes have cost me a lot of PvP matches and prolonged battles. Just make the pile bigger so people can see it, or space the defenders apart more, like Zomminions.

A rare chance for any consumed enemies to magically reappear if you had to fight them again, only happened to me once but it just had to be against barbarians
  • Phouka79Phouka79 Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

There was also a bug that if you tried to enter a floor with Hopper that you had already run and there was at least one corpse for her to devour you would get an error code and the game would reboot.
  • HakonaHakona Member
    Joel wrote: »

Why would u make her immune to possession?

• Hakona wrote: »

Why would u make her immune to possession?

Yeah, that seems odd since @Joel wrote

"Possession is classified as a buff for Shade as opposed to a debuff for the possessed hero, because it improves Shade, but doesn't actively harm the possessed hero. The possessed hero is already dead, so they can't really be debuffed."
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I was indeed mistaken. I had forgotten that we don't allow constructs to be possessed because they're unable to be debuffed.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Wait, what? Are you saying Emily is a construct now?
    Or am I not understanding @Joel 's reply...
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Emily is not a construct, but her immunity to possession was added to make her consistent with how constructs (who are also immune to debuffs) work.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Emily is not a construct, but her immunity to possession was added to make her consistent with how constructs (who are also immune to debuffs) work.

I assumed it had something to do with constructs already being possessed. I would think Emily should be able to be possessed because her soul would leave her when she dies. All the non-possessable characters seems to have reasons like Solaris' soul is close by for res or spirits don't have a body to be possessed.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I find it more intuitive that Emily can be possessed, since unlike (say) Stonefist she is not an animate rock but apparently a flesh and blood being. I'm not gonna complain, however, I am down with you guys continuing to make Emily even more the anti-Shade. Maybe make Divine Justice do twenty times damage to spirits, but also light-type damage, so that Ekko isn't caught in the crossfire.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited May 30
    I thought Spirit Immunity prevented possession. Hence why Ekko and Solaris cannot be possessed. Don’t follow the logic behind Emily’s change.

Maybe make Emily Spirit Immune for consistancy’s sake.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I thought Spirit Immunity prevented possession. Hence why Ekko and Solaris cannot be possessed. Don’t follow the logic behind Emily’s change.

That way Shade can't even hurt Emily with a basic attack. Ha. Aha ha ha. MWHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHaaaaaa.........
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member

Why would you guys even do this change?
    Failing to see the logic behind it...
  • Speaking of Emily, her angelic passive makes her light immune. What exactly is that?

I ask b/c in a pvp match just now, my emily was hurt by Mangle's Light Nova which is supposed to be a light attack.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 30
    Who knows, dude. Lily's vines have a light damage component, which both Ekko and Emily are immune to, despite being described as a nature attack - stuff be crazy.
  • Shade increases dark damage- not the dark damage elements but damage from dark heroes. Is she immune to any damage from light heroes then?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I don't think so, but being hit by light heroes is kinda a rare occurance at the moment. I think it's only light-type attacks, which are really rare. I think my Emily has taken damage from a Leo's Sun Worship (spirit attack) but honestly I couldn't swear to that.
  • I feel like I’m the only one that understands why she’s Possessed immune. :/
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I feel like I’m the only one that understands why she’s Possessed immune. :/

Go on...
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    She’s an Angel. Angels can’t be possessed. However, they can possess but they don’t like doing that. It’s part of the code.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Emily still looks like flesh and bone to me, so I don't see why a being like Shade can't make her dance. The same way I expect Ponti could make her broken corpse attack.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    @Stinky Michael Jackson looked white before he died. Looks can be deceiving.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Michael Jackson never really existed, in the same way NASA faked the moon landings.
  • danacdanac Member
    DB came up with this idea of constructs.

But then realized how limited it was because they couldn't be healed.

So now we have stonefist and agnon which can be healed, and Emily, who is essentially a construct, but can be healed.

Which means they've stealth nerfed Furnace and Alex.

• LukeTolLukeTol Member

Thank you :)
  • LukeTolLukeTol Member

Spirit Immunity means two things (if I'm not mistaken):
    1) immunity to spirit debuffs
    2) immunity to spirit damage

If immunity to spirit debuffs made you immune to Possession, why immunity to all debuffs shouldn't?
  • morillimorilli Member
    Emily can't be possessed because she is pure soul. Note: Not a pure soul as in innocent of all sin but a thing consisting of nothing but soul energy. Hence she has no body that can be possessed. But she can be damaged.
  • morilli wrote: »
    Emily can't be possessed because she is pure soul. Note: Not a pure soul as in innocent of all sin but a thing consisting of nothing but soul energy. Hence she has no body that can be possessed. But she can be damaged.

I thought that's what the spirit category was, no?