Its a shame that the community has been ignored

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    Huh? Do you think you are getting easier towers? “Bulldozing” to the top is not an oft-heard description of the current state of the tower on the forums.

I had one tower with more than 6 barb floors so far. Most of the time, it's 5 or less. I can finish the tower perfectly probably 3-4 times a week. The rest of the days, I lose a handful of insignificant heroes. It's never really been close.

@xandrew29 - I have full superior legendary or better on at least 30 heroes. My cannon fodder is wearing greater legendary. I have spare superior legendary sitting in my inventory.

• baldrikbaldrik Member
    A hard tower is fun, what is not fun is the tower bugs that have existed for many months. Opponents bugily resurrecting after making two attempts at a floor is particularly annoying now. Revamps are nice, strange you cannot fix known issues at the same time. Little wonder the community thinks all this is about a cash grab.
  • It's not that some teams can't be beaten it's that you can't beat 5-6 of the exact same team back to back. Once you A team players are worn down and taken out the only choice is to meat grind them and hoppe you get lucky.
  • WasiWasi Member
    EvilGreebo wrote: »
    It's not that some teams can't be beaten it's that you can't beat 5-6 of the exact same team back to back. Once you A team players are worn down and taken out the only choice is to meat grind them and hoppe you get lucky.

That can be part of the strategy however.. ie Agnon, Emily, Ferno and Sol to manage through repeat levels, being smart about when to use special abilities / revives with barb teams.

Otherwise I use Shade, SB, Agnon and Zomn to mow through all other teams.

---
    The Potato Army
  • edited June 10
    So what happens when rng screws you and your Ferno dies? Now you have bad luck on your side and almost no useful heroes against the barbs because almost every hero in the game is useless with them around. Balog does more damage for me than any hero even if they have atk runes and atk buffs. He can do massive damage with only 1 stack and pretty much all def runes. If I make him all atk then that's extreme overkill and I can beat pretty much any team no effort except barb teams and there's not much fun fighting barbs against barbs. Hopefully the next hero doesn't do the same thing and only the new hero is useful. If it's not going to benefit a specific set of heroes then it's obviously a counter to the barb team
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited June 10
    It's going to be a Barb counter. That's all these devs know how to do. Make an OP hero, after few weeks of everyone complaining, they make a new OP hero who is a counter to the last one. Rinse and repeat. It's pathetic really. :s
  • BlothBloth Member
    This is just a sign of poor planning. Take some time to think ahead & issues like this will be at a minimum.
  • Well, had Hopper eat 2 corpses, get whiped by a terror storm by Agnon (on 4 of my best runed guys).

Back to 4 full health group on next attempt. **** this ****!!!
  • davinchidavinchi Member
    edited June 14
    The problem is that barbs are seriously overcooked. Pre-barb towers weren't an issue.
    No other family comes close to their damage and utility. The majority of T100 run barb or anti barb teams.

Its like content gets released without consideration of balance. Elves, Malice(only), Fiddlestrom(only), Selwyn get buffcrumbs, only to be vastly overshadowed and forgotten by the barb rework shortly after. Why even bother?
    the amount of Shades in this game...is just TOO DANG HIGH!
  • Barbs are the worst, but its not just barbs. When runed certain ways, some heroes higher level than my 70 can become effectively invincible, they heal back so much that I either can't make a dent, or it takes many rounds and depending on my team makeup, they can just outlast me.
  • edited June 14
    Barbs certainly are OP. I've seen them pull off amazing feats in battle. Drakk can survive literally forever and just with Abigail and Balog they have the perfect synergies to take on any team, except dragons of course. It's going to take an entire team as powerful as them with perfect synergies to beat them, but there's really only the beast team and the undead team is somewhat useful. In other games I've played it would be the casters that beat melee types and they have already tuned Selwyn a bit, but there really isn't a synergizing caster team unless you use Pontifex with Astrid and Dagrund who will all die the first round because of Balog. What if casters were immune to silence for 1 turn? That seems to be the trend lately, invincible or immune to something for first turn or until that heroes turn. Whatever thisnlight hero release is with it's support group, I hope it's not another Marrow. Looks cool, can be useful but he's light of course so any dark hero especially Shade just makes him useless.
  • Wow, I’ve had multiple barbs teams before but this is **** ridiculous. 8 barbs teams!?!?

Like what in the actual ****. 4 are Shade based, 1 Agnon, 1 SB, 1Furnace and 1 Solaris.

How much longer do we have to put up with this complete bulk shut.
  • DaemoniaDaemonia Member
    edited June 21
    It truely is infuriating. Barbarians in PvP, no problem. Emily/Goretusk/Agnon/Ferno teams, hey, not such a disaster, makes PvP fun!

But a tower jam packed with those and the player having the disadvantage of health remaining as it is and same for abilities/energy, it's just total bull to see 6 floors of barbarians and those Emily teams to sauce it up.

Either fix it (read: finally do something instead of just milking the cattle, Deadeye will be good whale food for sure) or make health reset between floors, restore energy, heck here's an idea: Introduce potions!

Just my two cents. Sorry but it is what it is: The tower was a total pushover for months, but now it is just sick for the bottom/middle of the pack without tons of Elite runes or other rewards only set for the top 5 guilds. And if you make it through the floors, that end boss is still a wet cardboard box to tear up. Make him more interesting instead of making him unreachable half the time. :smiley:

That said, if PvP defense is what truly makes the tower floor setup; I just made mine a treat for those who want an easy win. Maybe I'll get a decent tower the next couple of days, filled with squishy assassins (who IMO are still way too weak compared to Conan and his crew).

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot what someone mentioned as well. Then you take out three out of four of your umpteenth barbarian floor and go in with your last men standing and hey, they resurrected! Solaris wasn't part of that team. Nor any other form of ressurectors, oh wait, it's just another bug on the list.

Post edited by Daemonia on
  • Short_FuseShort_Fuse Member
    edited June 22
    I dont really know what else to do here tbh... i have completed a whopping 2 towers since the patch that expanded the max level to 80...so yea... running on fumes here and getting tired of it... cant put a dent on the heavily runed teams on top levels no matter what i throw at them...its pretty silly to get your team wiped by one agnon terror storm on every floor from 5 to 10...theres only so many teams i can throw as fodder before dying with my main guys in 1 turn
  • ExaltedExalted Member
    All i read here is people that they don't put their brains on the work.. This is the frustration.. They want to have 1 OP team and finish the Tower in 5 mins so they can go back to their lives..

They blame the Devs for that. I 'm a casual although i like difficulty. Makes me improve and think before i enter a tower room. Before Barbs i had undead team on auto and when solaris team appeared i change to Agnon, ferno, solaris, goretusk and boom = easy 10 min tower.

Pls devs dont change anything! Right now the game is at its best state!
    edited June 22
    So you come into a topic that people are giving feedback about stuff that they think is broken to tell us to learn to play...that is pretty constructive criticism pal
  • li30li30 Member
    Exalted wrote: »
    I 'm a casual although i like difficulty. Makes me improve and think before i enter a tower room. Before Barbs i had undead team on auto and when solaris team appeared i change to Agnon, ferno, solaris, goretusk and boom = easy 10 min tower.

There is a line between challenging and none sense, from what I saw, lvl 77+ players had most ridiculous towers among all players, pls enlighten me how u handle 10, 11 floors of barbs
  • I cant even go through a full defensive agnon 3 levels above me let alone a barb team... just got wiped 5 times on lvl 5 by one agnon...solaris kept healing it and i was barely scratching it while it kept one shotting my guys... please do tell how you fight something you cant damage. It one shotted my own agnon with 1300 rune power...so yea pls enlighten me how am i supposed to fight that. It was on lvl 5 i didnt even get gems for it
  • kmobkmob Member
    All i read here is people that they don't put their brains on the work.. This is the frustration.. They want to have 1 OP team and finish the Tower in 5 mins so they can go back to their lives..

They blame the Devs for that. I 'm a casual although i like difficulty. Makes me improve and think before i enter a tower room. Before Barbs i had undead team on auto and when solaris team appeared i change to Agnon, ferno, solaris, goretusk and boom = easy 10 min tower.

What a joke. You are either a pay to win 0layer or your roster is so low or high you aren't having the sane issues 99% of everyone else is having. Nobody is asking for cakewalk auto towers...this is not a matter of being a challenge it is a matter of impossibility. It is not possible for most players that don't have a cache of gems to earn enough resources to play the game the way they are used to.

Yea best state it's ever been. dont change anything. ...what a joke

Glad it's good for you though....
  • ExaltedExalted Member
    kmob wrote: »

What a joke. You are either a pay to win 0layer or your roster is so low or high you aren't having the sane issues 99% of everyone else is having. Nobody is asking for cakewalk auto towers...this is not a matter of being a challenge it is a matter of impossibility. It is not possible for most players that don't have a cache of gems to earn enough resources to play the game the way they are used to.

Yea best state it's ever been. dont change anything. ...what a joke

Glad it's good for you though....

On the contrary! Spesific this week i complete 2 towers ( Monday, tuesday ) and the other 3 days i finished on 11th floor. The reason i did is cause i lost my goretusk cause i had to revive ferno on the 10th floor.

But you 're missing the point here. I dont wanna get every day the full tower. I like its hard and make me think of a strategy and not just building an OP team and enter floors without even looking the team that there is ( i used to do this when undead team was a thing ). I love it that way! Its challenging and more intriguing to play. Finally i can enjoy tower like i enjoy My dungeon. Before that it was just something i had to do in order to grind for gems but not anymore.

So my advice to you: actually build some strategies and give 10 more minutes of thought how to build against these teams than spend 10 minutes in forums and whine about it.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited June 23
    @Exalted I partially agree with you. I much prefer a challenging tower to a mindless grind. However, there are certain teams that are unbeatable without specific heroes and these teams have initial buffs that regenerate with every attempt.

Consider GT, agnon, Ferno, Emily. GT always starts with taunt and buffs team defense, Agnon starts in granite form and uses plummeting doom every other turn, Ferno nerfs all damage until second turn and Emily starts with Aegis Shield and revives any hero you manage to fell.

If the team is runed well and Emily is pure defense you NEED Agnon to drop her to make any headway with this team. If there were more viable counters this wouldn’t be an issue.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 23

What level are you? What is your relative roster power? Are you running many elite runes?

I have a feeling it matters. I am eager to see what happens when I hit 80, if it feels like 70 used to feel.

I think it would be unwise for the game developers tp ignore any large segment of the gaming population, including those who "Want to get back to their lives".

I can't spend an additional game hour only for the tower every single day.

And one more thing: I built strategies. It took time and resources. Then came Solaris. It took me awhile to get solaris, and build more strategies. I did. Then came barbs.

I anticipate weeks or months before I build strategies for barbs, during which time I will find the tower (and pvp) very frustration, and don't know if I can stand to stick with that whole process all over again, especially without the daily gems I need to advance my runes, etc.

I do enjoy "accomplishing" things, but when the rules keep changing and I have to keep "accomplishing" them again over and over, well...

You may find that fun, I do not. Let me relish in my accomplishment for awhile before pulling the rug completely out from under me and those of us for who "reaccomplishment" takes a long time at our budget/time commitment level.

Or, people will go elsewhere.
    edited June 23
    I am quite sure this guy is just trolling... it has to be...

What level are you @Exalted? Because i remember finding the tower quite easy before facing teams with elite and ultra runes... so yea... your perception of the tower might be skewed if you are a lowbie...

Either you are a lowbie or you have such a powerful squad and runes that it doesn´t matter to you. Either way, you would not be in the same group as the majority of the people complaining about the tower

Edit: Nevermind then... i just saw on a different post that you are VIP 10... so yea... now i am pretty sure you just have a pay to win squad decked in powerful runes and you have no idea why people are complaining. You most likely have such a powerful squad that you can choose who to use on every floor... so pretty much you are clueless why people are complaining about the tower difficulty
    Post edited by Short_Fuse on
  • Would anyone be interested in a specific thread to help you all with the barbarian meta?
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • danacdanac Member
    @Exalted I partially agree with you. I much prefer a challenging tower to a mindless grind. However, there are certain teams that are unbeatable without specific heroes and these teams have initial buffs that regenerate with every attempt.

Consider GT, agnon, Ferno, Emily. GT always starts with taunt and buffs team defense, Agnon starts in granite form and uses plummeting doom every other turn, Ferno nerfs all damage until second turn and Emily starts with Aegis Shield and revives any hero you manage to fell.

If the team is runed well and Emily is pure defense you NEED Agnon to drop her to make any headway with this team. If there were more viable counters this wouldn’t be an issue.

Therand. If you can keep him alive he'll do major damage to Emily and I think Agnon.
    The other option is Lilly/Solaris Ferno/GT [agnon]. You can in theory replace Agnon with Hopper or Zomm or someone else.

The benefit here is that only Agnon or a charged GT can do any real damage to Solaris.

I'll admit I take Agnon into those teams, but I've had to make do a time or two.

• Thanks @danac. I’ll dust off Therand and give him a go. Keeping him alive sounds tough though.
  • danacdanac Member
    try with emily or gamble with Leo, or Solaris.

I haven't done this, but ferno lilly solaris therand.

also another team is GT Ferno Koros. #4 can be a variety, from emily to solaris to zomm, etc.

I use this team against barbarians, but Koros should hit Emily hard if she's still magical. Plus most folks don't have Agnon runed defensively, so he can hurt him too.

• ExaltedExalted Member
    Short_Fuse wrote: »
    I am quite sure this guy is just trolling... it has to be...

What level are you @Exalted? Because i remember finding the tower quite easy before facing teams with elite and ultra runes... so yea... your perception of the tower might be skewed if you are a lowbie...

Either you are a lowbie or you have such a powerful squad and runes that it doesn´t matter to you. Either way, you would not be in the same group as the majority of the people complaining about the tower

Edit: Nevermind then... i just saw on a different post that you are VIP 10... so yea... now i am pretty sure you just have a pay to win squad decked in powerful runes and you have no idea why people are complaining. You most likely have such a powerful squad that you can choose who to use on every floor... so pretty much you are clueless why people are complaining about the tower difficulty

Roster Power: 416,368 lvl 72. Wow... You 're critisizing someone who support the game he likes with money. At least have the nerve that if i am vip 10 i should complain more than you cause i paid real money. Now lets talk serious i test teams more than you. I 'm consistent legend 1 without reaching top 100 most of times cause i spend gems on runes most of times.
    I'm aware most of strategies and solutions. But the truth is that people like you are the trash that destroy the game as lost Jumper said in one of his videos. You wont put your mind to the test, you are too dumb to find solutions to your problem and complain when something difficult appears and shakes your daily gaming habit..
    Just pathetic.. I hope this constructive critisism will make you think at least for a moment.
  • ExaltedExalted Member
    sirtainly wrote: »

What level are you? What is your relative roster power? Are you running many elite runes?

I have a feeling it matters. I am eager to see what happens when I hit 80, if it feels like 70 used to feel.

I think it would be unwise for the game developers tp ignore any large segment of the gaming population, including those who "Want to get back to their lives".

I can't spend an additional game hour only for the tower every single day.

And one more thing: I built strategies. It took time and resources. Then came Solaris. It took me awhile to get solaris, and build more strategies. I did. Then came barbs.

I anticipate weeks or months before I build strategies for barbs, during which time I will find the tower (and pvp) very frustration, and don't know if I can stand to stick with that whole process all over again, especially without the daily gems I need to advance my runes, etc.

I do enjoy "accomplishing" things, but when the rules keep changing and I have to keep "accomplishing" them again over and over, well...

You may find that fun, I do not. Let me relish in my accomplishment for awhile before pulling the rug completely out from under me and those of us for who "reaccomplishment" takes a long time at our budget/time commitment level.

Or, people will go elsewhere.

Hello friend.

I' m lvl 72.

Roster power: 416,368

I have achievements completed from 09/2016 so i can tell that this game also took from me time commitment ( budget spend knowingly to support the game ). So we speak on the same terms here.

I run superior runes from events and crafting.

The answer to your problem is that 80 will feel like it used to be in 70.

On your comment: I can't spend an additional game hour only for the tower every single day. = This is what i'm critisizing. Most of the complainers here are the people who dont like to spend more time to the game. They want an OP team and easy runs everyday from tower. This is lazy and make the game boring. Right now we have at least different strategy for at least 5 teams and let me bring examples:
    1) barb team with Furnace --> you bring Koros along with the classic goretusk - emily - ferno.
    2) barb team with shade --> you bring goretusk - emily - ferno - agnon
    3) teams with emily --> you bring hopper on the team
    4) teams with solaris --> you bring barbs with agnon
    5) teams with selwyn/tank rune --> you bring shade with energy rune for spirit link.
    the list goes on..

This is a hard grind game. But in the last few months after agnon event it started taking some good strategic vibes which i love. Don't ruin it just because you dont want to invest time to actually think for some new combos to win teams that are 5 lvl above you and with good runes.

Right now i'm working on the team Deadeye - Indigo - Yokozuna - Takumi. If one guy from some high -end guilds won't experiment then you guys will be helpless cause all you do is copy-paste teams.
    ( for the record i belong to a guild below top100 just because i want to enjoy the game but still experiment with the new attributes.

As for the last guy i comment to him aggresively cause he critisize without thinking.
    I think you can understand my concept.

edited June 24
    Just proved my point buddy... you do have a pay to win squad and you can choose any hero to swap in and out on the fly... most people playing this game dont have the luxury to do this... and you still fail to understand this simple thing... makes no difference bringing a 2 or 3 star hopper in improved runes into a 6 star emily or solaris team in superior and elite runes. And that is if you even have one at all... You must have good runes to beat it... what part of this you can´t understand? lol...

Most people can´t finish the tower in the state it is now, meaning they cant even get the gems to upgrade their squad. So yea... you are either just trying to troll or you have zero reading comprehension

You keep saying people are not beating the tower because they are mindlessly playing the game... are you stupid or what? Do you think everyone has 5 or 6 teams decked in good runes to beat this?

You have been playing this game for 2 years now and you have a vip 10 account with all the characters you need in good runes and you can beat this 2 or 3 times a week tops and you think this is fine? Im afraid you are the one thats not even thinking pal, and im done arguing with you because im quite sure you are trolling by now...

Post edited by Short_Fuse on