Community Dungeon Dash!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
6lley5zdmvd2.png

After a hard-fought PVP Grand Tourney, this weekend is cooperative and back to the basics! Just run dungeons, quick loot, and raid. No pressure, no competition, but if you run dungeons, quick loot, and raid enough, everyone can get some extra loot!

Try tinkering with some new lineups in PVP, take on the new Boss Mode dungeons, toy around with some particularly silly combinations in early campaign dungeons, or maybe take a trip down memory lane and visit some old favorites. Remember Rukas Grimbelly? He misses you. Ok, maybe he doesn't miss you, you beat the snot out of him the last time you met. Why not beat the snot out of him again for old time's sake?
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm going to do my best to do zero runs and see of it will stay like that for the next 4 days, because I have no stamina xD
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    This must be the most boring and pointless weekend event in well ever. Luckily the reward runes are crap, so there is no temptation to start spending.
    The only ones to benefit are those who were gonna speed level to 80 this weekend anyways.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited June 8
    @sockless The event is a resource drain/cash grab with mediocre rewards. I think that is the root of the complaints. Not participating is the only way to win. I’m happy for the break too.
  • danacdanac Member
    sorry, but no event does not equal an event.

• Sockless wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to complain when a nice breather event comes around. Most people can't keep going 24/7 and need to rest and recoup resources and tend to housekeeping. Time for me to evaluate rune assignments, go for those last few tokens I need and replenish my gold.
    Sockless wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to complain when a nice breather event comes around. Most people can't keep going 24/7 and need to rest and recoup resources and tend to housekeeping. Time for me to evaluate rune assignments, go for those last few tokens I need and replenish my gold.
    Sockless wrote: »

Are you so busy Monday through Wednesday with the intense daily boosts ? Lucky you got a breather event to evaluate
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 8
    Are you so busy Monday through Wednesday with the intense daily boosts ? Lucky you got a breather event to evaluate
    From reading the guild summit logs, the answer for a lot of people is apparently "yes". There have been lots of complaints about event fatigue causing player burnout, so anyone who's unhappy with this (non)event should probably beat up their GM instead of the devs.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    There's been talk of another Lunar event, hero reworks and pve guild battle things, and as you say, a whole bunch of campaign levels got rolled out not long ago. So when the inevitable filler weeks come around, I'd much rather have crappy filler events that can be ignored than crappy filler events that can't be ignored (like you said, events with guild obligations). Let the heavens pour forth crappy ignorable non-events if it spares me from quick looting 20,000,000,000 crypt dungeons.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited June 8
    Stinky wrote: »
    I'd much rather have crappy filler events that can be ignored than crappy filler events that can't be ignored (like you said, events with guild obligations). Let the heavens pour forth crappy ignorable non-events if it spares me from quick looting 20,000,000,000 crypt dungeons.

That’s like saying “I’d rather get punched in the arm than punched in the face.” It’s true, but then you stop and think “wait, shouldn’t there be an option where I don’t get punched at all?”
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 8
    [I missed this announcement because event announcements are usually top of the forum sticky list. I suspect others missed it, too.]

Actually, I'm happy with this event. Part of it you just get a reward for playing along with the community, and the other part only applies to those who have stockpiled huge resources and want to drain them.

Since neither apply to me, I'm happy to play a little, rebuild my resources, get some Real Life things done, avoid DB burnout, etc.

As long as they are not advertised as the be-all end-all of events, these resting events are great.

My only concern is that other aspects of the game, pvp, pve and tower, are current problems in their own right, and its not so easy for me to just "do" them. I can either speed level to 80 (expensive), or just do my daily guild requirement and go get some burgers and a movie and enjoy the outside world.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 8
    I'd much rather have crappy filler events that can be ignored than crappy filler events that can't be ignored (like you said, events with guild obligations). Let the heavens pour forth crappy ignorable non-events if it spares me from quick looting 20,000,000,000 crypt dungeons.

That’s like saying “I’d rather get punched in the arm than punched in the face.” It’s true, but then you stop and think “wait, shouldn’t there be an option where I don’t get punched at all?”
    Eh, not really. I'm not getting punched at all by this event, or if I am, it's by a very small child or possibly a granny. Since content takes time to develop there's inevitably going to be some periods of downtime. I'm asking to not get punched whenever that happens.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • danacdanac Member

i don't know......
  • danacdanac Member
    There's been talk of another Lunar event, hero reworks and pve guild battle things, and as you say, a whole bunch of campaign levels got rolled out not long ago. So when the inevitable filler weeks come around, I'd much rather have crappy filler events that can be ignored than crappy filler events that can't be ignored (like you said, events with guild obligations). Let the heavens pour forth crappy ignorable non-events if it spares me from quick looting 20,000,000,000 crypt dungeons.

or, and I realize i might just be insane, they could recycle any of the dozens of events from the past 3 years that offered quests and event dungeons, and gave materials and tokens as rewards.
    That's what they *used* to do.

You'd see a beast, or snake event. now the 2 times the past 4 months or so, it's been a dark or light event.

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 9
    danac wrote: »

or, and I realize i might just be insane, they could recycle any of the dozens of events from the past 3 years that offered quests and event dungeons, and gave materials and tokens as rewards.
    That's what they *used* to do.

You'd see a beast, or snake event. now the 2 times the past 4 months or so, it's been a dark or light event.

I'm in for a chance of getting a pretty nice rune, given that people are apparently insane enough to compete for top dog spot in these events. I don't feel like I'm being punched because I'm getting a rune instead of some tokens and a forgettable dungeon. We're always going to get filler events while we wait for our next dose of sweet, sweet crack, so they might as well be trivial filler events. Whether they're about cats, dogs or snakes is by the by.

What's needed is a way to make PvE actually interesting, and hopefully that's coming in one form or another - the previously mentioned Lunar Festival v2 or guid-wide boss thing. And if (when) they ever get Lunar relatively stable, maybe it could be its own daily mode so we have more gameplay on offer all of the time.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 9
    Forgettable dungeons and tokens versus forgettable dungeons and a chance for a decent rune, it feels the same to me regardless of whether it's called "Rune War" or "Give Us More Money Please, Okay, Thanks, See You Next Week", and I don't mind as long as it's not a mandatory grind (i.e. guild "incentives").

I'm all for more content but I'd rather it come in the way of actually adding to the game (i.e. finishing the Lunar Festival format and turning it into a daily reset, the PvE equivalent of the Tower). Filler events are an inevitable part of DB life so they don't bother me, I guess. I still don't see how being given free stuff is like being punched or having no event at all.
  • danacdanac Member
    Forgettable dungeons and tokens versus forgettable dungeons and a chance for a decent rune, it feels the same to me regardless of whether it's called "Rune War" or "Give Us More Money Please, Okay, Thanks, See You Next Week", and I don't mind as long as it's not a mandatory grind (i.e. guild "incentives").

I'm all for more content but I'd rather it come in the way of actually adding to the game (i.e. finishing the Lunar Festival format and turning it into a daily reset, the PvE equivalent of the Tower). Filler events are an inevitable part of DB life so they don't bother me, I guess. I still don't see how being given free stuff is like being punched or having no event at all.

It's not being given free stuff.
    Most people will get nothing from this but one rune and some Agnon tokens.

recycling old events will still be boring for higher levels, but it would be *less* boring than nothing.

• StinkyStinky Member
    danac wrote: »

It's not being given free stuff.
    Most people will get nothing from this but one rune and some Agnon tokens.

recycling old events will still be boring for higher levels, but it would be *less* boring than nothing.
    Well, one rune and some Agnon tokens is pretty nice considering H4Hopper's paying the tab. I mean, I think I got that much from the construct event, and I think I had to run through some boring dungeons for that one.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree here. Instead, let's talk about how "Therand Fiddlestrom" is a really dirty sounding name.
  • The thing is that we all play this game for entertainment. So the events should be somewhat fun, but all this event boils down to is spending $25 as much as you can and hitting the quick loot button over and over again. For most of us, there is no fun here this weekend.
  • I'm also doing no work because it's boring and I'm getting a reward which doesn't feel like a reward. I even got one for the last guild event and I left my guild before it even started lol. There just needs to be actual level play, an adventure. Tap some sparklies, kill certain enemies, defeat a unique boss at the end.
  • Hey, I'm all for an event that I can completely ignore after all the other ones. All this will amount to, regardless of how we do, is some aether.
  • Looks like pretty much everyone ignored it. We got what, the 3rd or 4th reward tier as a community? What a waste of time that was for everyone involved.
  • li30li30 Member
    @Joel This prob the first community event that whole community didn't even get a SL 5* tier rune reward, devs should aware the sign players didn't bother to participate in this type of event.
  • 5 milion runs is a little much every single time this event comes around and I think DB moght be losing players if we got a much lower reward this time. I'd say either lower the scale or make PvP count more or add in quests that give you extra points so it's not just quick looting.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    It might be down to DB losing players, but I suspect it's more to players wising up that there's nothing to be gained from putting sweat, blood and tears into this event. I'm pretty sure I contributed less than a hundred points to this event, simply because I did even less than I normally would - I'm saving my stamina for the bonus mat event day instead. Gotta level up those epics, and they all require fire materials for some reason.
  • yeah seems like everything i do requirea pyre embers...lighten up on those DB lol
  • BlothBloth Member
    Don’t know what the numbers were , but this event just “felt” like a bust.
  • It was 2,744,747 from the community.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png