Can you guys help me get a single epic weapon?

edited June 10 in Boss Mode Discussion
Hello guys,

I played DB a lot around 2 years ago and quit just after runes were released. I just downloaded it again a couple days ago and to be completely honest it kinda sucks; there's a bunch of new beefy heroes that everybody seems to have like goretusk, drakk, shade, etc that I do not own and not to mention the barb meta that's dominating pvp and the tower.

Anyways, i'm level 63 and I really want to get some epics for my heroes(preferably the gob gang) but literally any hero would be great. Problem is, due to my absence I have few runes and the ones I do own are hot garbage. I heard Lily is a useful hero when it comes to boss mode, but guess what? Don't have her. Attached is my roster (not too great, I know). If anybody could give me any tips to get any of these hero's epics i'd really appreciate it because I am kinda stuck right now.u0c8z3jpwq3o.png
1ags3d1qch5q.png
xhgni0a63kc02o3vc5ayv.png
j2d.png
3o9sxv4vr0og.png
7huxev2nbd6k.pngcmzac9u1466i.png

editork9jljxg8cirk.png
j1ehozy2k2s3.png
4o/1dm66lj6ys5c.pngeodm66a8lc8i.png

There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
Post edited by CrimsonCrusader on

Comments

• MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited June 10
    You need runes! Make getting good runes and getting Bramble your top priorities. If you raise Kobals attack high enough with runes he can pretty much beat Babel Mountain by himself. Then rune up the goblins and they can beat a lot of the other dungeons. If you can’t get Bramble try building a team around Furnace and Dagrund.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited June 10
    Rune up Kobal, Furnace, Dagrund and Emily with the best runes you can lay hands on, and go for Emily's Epic first. Keep collecting tokens for Kobal, Emily & Dagrund as fast as you can to 6* them. Furnace is trickier as you can't get his tokens in regular dungeons.

Kobal is the dog's b's when it comes to most Boss Island Dungeons. He can lay flat a whole room once he has enough attack. Furnace will keep the heat off Kobal (pun intended). Dagrund boosts Kobal's attack, and can heal everyone (3rd special only for Furnace). Emily can revive when necessary, now she has a 5 energy revive, and keep everyone healthy and de-buff free, while passively removing any enemy buffs.

Kobal is there to deal damage, Furnace to take it, Dagrund and Emily for support and healing. It may be slow at first, but this is the team I can use for any Boss Island dungeon if I can't be bothered to adjust the team.

Once you have Emily's epic to an acceptable level you can go for Kobal's and Dagrund's too. Just be aware that many enemies in Pestilence Spiral are immune to Kobal's dark attack (first special), so you may want to manually run. I just run them all on auto now, but it wasnt like that until I had good runes.

You can use specialized teams for each boss island dungeon (e.g. all water against fire dungeon etc.), but this team is effective everywhere if you're short on runes and resources. You might want to swap out Furnace in the Ice Dungeon if he's getting shellacked, but of your remaining heroes only Balog makes any sense as a replacement.

You unfortunately dropped out just as the big changes, runes and epics, came in, plus you've missed a lot of new, and of course powerful, heroes, and they just raised the level cap to 80. Anyone the same level as you who has been playing straight through will be more powerful all round. You can do OK in PVE, but the tower and PvP are going to be a struggle for a while.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Me, I like the changes made, but that’s because I’ve been here through all of it. I can’t even imagine how daunting and horrifying this game would look to a person starting fresh - or even coming back after a couple months.
  • edited June 10
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    You need runes! Make getting good runes and getting Bramble your top priorities. If you raise Kobals attack high enough with runes he can pretty much beat Babel Mountain by himself. Then rune up the goblins and they can beat a lot of the other dungeons. If you can’t get Bramble try building a team around Furnace and Dagrund.

Oh that's weird. I might have forgot a picture because I actually do have bramble! He is 3 stars fully ascended. Thanks for your tip :)
    Edit: Fixed it
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Rune up Kobal, Furnace, Dagrund and Emily with the best runes you can lay hands on, and go for Emily's Epic first. Keep collecting tokens for Kobal, Emily & Dagrund as fast as you can to 6* them. Furnace is trickier as you can't get his tokens in regular dungeons.

Kobal is the dog's b's when it comes to most Boss Island Dungeons. He can lay flat a whole room once he has enough attack. Furnace will keep the heat off Kobal (pun intended). Dagrund boosts Kobal's attack, and can heal everyone (3rd special only for Furnace). Emily can revive when necessary, now she has a 5 energy revive, and keep everyone healthy and de-buff free, while passively removing any enemy buffs.

Kobal is there to deal damage, Furnace to take it, Dagrund and Emily for support and healing. It may be slow at first, but this is the team I can use for any Boss Island dungeon if I can't be bothered to adjust the team.

Once you have Emily's epic to an acceptable level you can go for Kobal's and Dagrund's too. Just be aware that many enemies in Pestilence Spiral are immune to Kobal's dark attack (first special), so you may want to manually run. I just run them all on auto now, but it wasnt like that until I had good runes.

You can use specialized teams for each boss island dungeon (e.g. all water against fire dungeon etc.), but this team is effective everywhere if you're short on runes and resources. You might want to swap out Furnace in the Ice Dungeon if he's getting shellacked, but of your remaining heroes only Balog makes any sense as a replacement.

You unfortunately dropped out just as the big changes, runes and epics, came in, plus you've missed a lot of new, and of course powerful, heroes, and they just raised the level cap to 80. Anyone the same level as you who has been playing straight through will be more powerful all round. You can do OK in PVE, but the tower and PvP are going to be a struggle for a while.

Wow, thanks for all that advice. I'll definitely beef up Kobal. Also which type runes would be best? Damage/crit or health/resistance? Maybe a mix of both?
  • Wow, thanks for all that advice. I'll definitely beef up Kobal. Also which type runes would be best? Damage/crit or health/resistance? Maybe a mix of both?

Kobal will be your main attacker, so you want as much Attack/Damage Penetration as possible, but enough Defense/Damage Reduction/Health that he doesn't die too often. Mine still gets zapped occasionally, especially in Pestilence Spiral with its fast attacking demons. He also usually goes in first spot so he gets maximum kills and energy boosts. A Vampire rune on him could be useful to keep his health topped up.

Emily doesn't need ANY attack, her job is to survive and keep healing, cleansing & reviving. Some skill will help her heals, and boost her critical. I've never fully figured if critical heals are a result of the healer or healee's skill, or a mixture, but I think it's mostly the healer. Get her as much health/defense/damage reduction as you can.

Furnace is there to soak up damage, so again doesn't really need attack, just health/defense/damage reduction.

Dagrund is mostly there for support, he only gets his basic attack and one special. For you his energy boost may best be used on Emily so she can keep healing/reviving as much as possible. His final skill is the only thing that can heal Furnace in this team, but Emily can revive Furnace if/when he goes down.

• edited June 10
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for all that advice. I'll definitely beef up Kobal. Also which type runes would be best? Damage/crit or health/resistance? Maybe a mix of both?

Kobal will be your main attacker, so you want as much Attack/Damage Penetration as possible, but enough Defense/Damage Reduction/Health that he doesn't die too often. Mine still gets zapped occasionally, especially in Pestilence Spiral with its fast attacking demons. He also usually goes in first spot so he gets maximum kills and energy boosts. A Vampire rune on him could be useful to keep his health topped up.

Emily doesn't need ANY attack, her job is to survive and keep healing, cleansing & reviving. Some skill will help her heals, and boost her critical. I've never fully figured if critical heals are a result of the healer or healee's skill, or a mixture, but I think it's mostly the healer. Get her as much health/defense/damage reduction as you can.

Furnace is there to soak up damage, so again doesn't really need attack, just health/defense/damage reduction.

Dagrund is mostly there for support, he only gets his basic attack and one special. For you his energy boost may best be used on Emily so she can keep healing/reviving as much as possible. His final skill is the only thing that can heal Furnace in this team, but Emily can revive Furnace if/when he goes down.

The only runes I can get my hands on right now are the improved ones. Would it be better to craft them instead of looting from dungeons? Also, is tuning worth it? If so, how many times should I tune a rune?

EDIT: Ok! In a lucky turn of events I got bramble's epic using the classic goblin gang. Critical goblin stench made it easy to get nub nub's as well
    Post edited by CrimsonCrusader on
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited June 10

The only runes I can get my hands on right now are the improved ones. Would it be better to craft them instead of looting from dungeons? Also, is tuning worth it? If so, how many times should I tune a rune?

EDIT: Ok! In a lucky turn of events I got bramble's epic using the classic goblin gang. Critical goblin stench made it easy to get nub nub's as well

When runes first came out it was improved runes for me at first, then Greaters, then Superiors, and now I have half-a-dozen Elites spread across my most useful heroes.

I see the whole game as a series of stepping stones, so for my money you put on the best runes you have and tune them as high as you can (level 20 if the silver border is only 2 sides, 30 if all 4 sides). When you get something better you can either unequip and use them on a lower priority hero, or salvage them straight off the hero.

There's going to be gold and material cost and wastage whatever you do.
  • I would focus a team about Zomm or Emily. They are very good now.
  • morillimorilli Member
    Has anyone tried a team of Emily and Malice plus whatever else? I am not so sure of the viability of Malice in PVP. The more buffs he steals the stronger he gets plus for every enemy that his killed he gain +1 energy. However in PVP there isn't much time to steal a lot of buffs from your opponent. I wonder if he can steal rage from barbs? It would be really interesting to see him steal unbridled rage from the barbs if possible.
  • malice is a girl...

although i haven't tried malice out, I am currently saving evos for next hero...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...