Still No Idea What a "Chi" Attack Is

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Can someone explain what a Chi attack is? As far as my understanding goes, it's just a type of attack that only exists to provide the attack a way of not being weakened by enemy resistances (like spirit resist, armored, magical, etc). Is that all it is, or is there another thing that Chi attacks do?

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
  • I assume it’ll be like Vibrating Palm. I can test it out and come back to this.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • Chi attacks bypass all defenses like armored, shrouded etc and I believe damage resistance as well. In addition, chi attacks also bypass Aegis shield, invincibility, Unbreakable heart, and unbridled rage.

Pretty handy considering current meta.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 15
    Chi attacks bypass all defenses like armored, shrouded etc and I believe damage resistance as well. In addition, chi attacks also bypass Aegis shield, invincibility, Unbreakable heart, and unbridled rage.

Oh, good to know! I knew Vibrating Palm bypassed shields, but I just assumed that was part of the ability, and nothing to do with it's damage type. Thank you!
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    @JackHallow666 might want to change your signature up.
  • Can someone explain what a Chi attack is? As far as my understanding goes, it's just a type of attack that only exists to provide the attack a way of not being weakened by enemy resistances (like spirit resist, armored, magical, etc). Is that all it is, or is there another thing that Chi attacks do?

Wait did you watch kung fu panda 3?
  • danacdanac Member
    Chi attacks bypass all defenses like armored, shrouded etc and I believe damage resistance as well. In addition, chi attacks also bypass Aegis shield, invincibility, Unbreakable heart, and unbridled rage.

Oh! I thought it made plants grow out of their heads!
  • danac wrote: »

I, for one, fully support a growth component to chi(a) attacks.
    ps3xceptnw8a.jpeg
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »

I, for one, fully support a growth component to chi(a) attacks.
    ps3xceptnw8a.jpeg

that actually looks like one of the newer versions of Braniac[?- the Superman villain]....
  • Stinky wrote: »

I didn't see any chi.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Stinky wrote: »

I didn't see any chi.

Chi normally isn't considered to be visible. It's your "life force", and it flows through you, but is never seen.

Science says that's cuz it doesn't exist, but it has been known to aid healing and reduce stress - whether or not it's all just a placebo is up to you.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 17
    Stinky wrote: »

I didn't see any chi.

Teenagers who watch Dragonball Z and then think they are Goku in real life are a source of joy and comfort.
  • Stinky wrote: »

I didn't see any chi.

Chi normally isn't considered to be visible. It's your "life force", and it flows through you, but is never seen.

Science says that's cuz it doesn't exist, but it has been known to aid healing and reduce stress - whether or not it's all just a placebo is up to you.

Soo....kung fu panda 3 lied to us.
  • danacdanac Member

Soo....kung fu panda 3 lied to us.

I hate to tell you this, but Pandas do not know Kung Fu.