Willow and Indigo Buff Ideas

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited June 15 in Feedback & Suggestions
The title says it all.

Willow
Attack+ Health+ Defense+++
New Passives:
Poison-Tipped Arrows - Chance to Poison on basic attacks. Guaranteed to Poison on basic Critical attacks.
Share the Fun - All Elf allies essentially are granted Poison-Tipped Arrows.
Forest Hunter - (Replaces Agile) +22% Chance to dodge attacks, and deals 2x damage against Beast enemies.
New Abilities:
Sniper Shot > Lethal Injection - Single-target Ranged Physical attack the deals high damage, always Crits (unless at Element disadvantage, or enemy is Crit immune). Purges up to 3 buffs. Ignores Armor, Poisons and Wounds the target.
Cooldown: 5
Evading Shot > Ambush Shot - Applies Evading for 2 turns. Single-target Ranged Physical attack that deals moderate-high damage. If any other allies on Willow's team had Evading active when this attack was used, those allies perform a basic attack on the same target, dealing +100% damage each. Any attacks caused by this ability, including the initial attack itself, cannot be countered, revenged against, etc.
Cooldown: 4
Arrow Barrage > Venomous Barrage - Ranged Physical attack on all enemies for moderate damage. Base [100%] Chance to Poison all enemies hit by the attack, and deals 2x damage against enemies that were already Poisoned.
Epic Weapon Rework: Chance to perform 2x attacks for 200% damage each on the target, with splash damage, and chance to Poison all enemies damaged by the attack.

Indigo
Atk++ Health++ Defense+
New Passives:
Cold Blooded - Deals +50% damage to enemies per each of these debuffs on them: Slowed, Chilled, Frozen, Frostbitten (Max of +200% damage).
Never Catches a Cold - Grants +16% Chance to dodge attacks, +16% higher Chance if the attack is Chilled or Frostbitten.
New Abilities:
Rapid Fire > Silencing Shots - Performs 3 Ranged Physical attacks on the target, each dealing low damage. The first shot that lands will Silence the target for 1 turn. Any Crits from this attack Silence the target for an additional turn. After the initial 3 shots, performs a number of extra shots based on how many turns the target is Silenced for (Maximum of 5 extra shots).
Chilling Barrage > Frigid Shot - Single target attack dealing high Ranged Physical damage, and Slows the target for 3 turns. If the target was already Slowed, Chilled, Frozen or Frostbitten, they become afflicted with whichever of those debuffs they did not already have.
Sloth Shot > Arctic Barrage - Ranged Physical attack on all enemies for moderate damage. Base [100%] Chance to Chill all enemies hit by the attack. Deals +100% damage if the target(s) were either Chilled or Frozen.
Epic Weapon: "Frost-Fury" Grants +30% to Health, +20% to Attack, and +10% to Crit. Chance to perform a Ranged Physical attack on the target, plus 2 random attacks on any other enemies, for 150% damage each. For every enemy that was either Chilled, Frozen, or Frostbitten, and was hit by the attack, attacks another random enemy for 150% damage. Maximum of up to 3 extra attacks (6 attacks total).

Comments

• Neat ideas. I also suggested one for Indigo but instead of extended silence her arrows split into 2 every crit and can potentially silence all enemies and do massive damage as long as you crit.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Neat ideas. I also suggested one for Indigo but instead of extended silence her arrows split into 2 every crit and can potentially silence all enemies and do massive damage as long as you crit.

Yeah, I saw that idea on the other thread. I think that might be a bit TOO powerful, since she's a Fast hero. Maybe if you made it so she could only Silence the target enemy, I'd be alright with it. We don't need a Fast Balog! xD
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I think what Indigo, and most rogues, need is reliable mitigation. Dodge is great as far as it goes, but damage right now is so high that as soon as dodge fails - splat.

Since Indigo doesn't actually need to be the team's damage - she's an energy generator so it's all good - maybe this instead of Cold Blooded?

Snow Blindness - the next enemy to attack Indigo has a 100% chance to miss, unless they have a trait enabling them to always hit (like the dwarves, or Hansuke). Every time an attack misses in this way, one stack of Snow Blindness is consumed. Indigo starts each dungeon with three stacks of Snow Blindness.

How about this for Willow?

Bella Donna - Rogues take 35% less damage from poisoned enemies.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    These wouldn't really make a difference, except maybe Willow purging 3 buffs. In my own ideas (which I don't think I ever shared), I had willow doing an extra shot on a random enemy if there was a successful purge, up to 5 shots.

@Stinky 's Snow Blindness Idea is really cool (pun intended in retrospect) though!
  • I love the ambush shot idea
  • For the added crit in the epic, maybe change it so it is 10% crit EXTRA, so the total capped crit is 60% for indigo. Make sense?
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • hatredhatred Member
    The title says it all.

Willow
    Attack+ Health+ Defense+++
    New Passives:
    Poison-Tipped Arrows - Chance to Poison on basic attacks. Guaranteed to Poison on basic Critical attacks.
    Share the Fun - All Elf allies essentially are granted Poison-Tipped Arrows.
    Forest Hunter - (Replaces Agile) +22% Chance to dodge attacks, and deals 2x damage against Beast enemies.
    New Abilities:
    Sniper Shot > Lethal Injection - Single-target Ranged Physical attack the deals high damage, always Crits (unless at Element disadvantage, or enemy is Crit immune). Purges up to 3 buffs. Ignores Armor, Poisons and Wounds the target.
    Evading Shot > Ambush Shot - Applies Evading for 2 turns. Single-target Ranged Physical attack that deals moderate-high damage. If any other allies on Willow's team had Evading active when this attack was used, those allies perform a basic attack on the same target, dealing +100% damage each. Any attacks caused by this ability, including the initial attack itself, cannot be countered, revenged against, etc.
    Arrow Barrage > Venomous Barrage - Ranged Physical attack on all enemies for moderate damage. Base [100%] Chance to Poison all enemies hit by the attack, and deals 2x damage against enemies that were already Poisoned.
    Epic Weapon Rework: Chance to perform 2x attacks for 200% damage each on the target, with splash damage, and chance to Poison all enemies damaged by the attack.

Indigo
    Atk++ Health++ Defense+
    New Passives:
    Cold Blooded - Deals +50% damage to enemies per each of these debuffs on them: Slowed, Chilled, Frozen, Frostbitten (Max of +200% damage).
    Never Catches a Cold - Grants +16% Chance to dodge attacks, +16% higher Chance if the attack is Chilled or Frostbitten.
    New Abilities:
    Rapid Fire > Silencing Shots - Performs 3 Ranged Physical attacks on the target, each dealing low damage. The first shot that lands will Silence the target for 1 turn. Any Crits from this attack Silence the target for an additional turn. After the initial 3 shots, performs a number of extra shots based on how many turns the target is Silenced for (Maximum of 5 extra shots).
    Chilling Barrage > Frigid Shot - Single target attack dealing high Ranged Physical damage, and Slows the target for 3 turns. If the target was already Slowed, Chilled, Frozen or Frostbitten, they become afflicted with whichever of those debuffs they did not already have.
    Sloth Shot > Arctic Barrage - Ranged Physical attack on all enemies for moderate damage. Base [100%] Chance to Chill all enemies hit by the attack. Deals +100% damage if the target(s) were either Chilled or Frozen.
    Epic Weapon: "Frost-Fury" Grants +30% to Health, +20% to Attack, and +10% to Crit. Chance to perform a Ranged Physical attack on the target, plus 2 random attacks on any other enemies, for 150% damage each. For every enemy that was either Chilled, Frozen, or Frostbitten, and was hit by the attack, attacks another random enemy for 150% damage. Maximum of up to 3 extra attacks (6 attacks total).

I like the indigo idea but I strongly disagree with buffing willow. The hero is already quite good as a starter hero (featuring in almost every team for quite a while). If willow was buffed she would be quite oppressive and skew the meta, killing experimentation for new players.
  • hatredhatred Member
    I would like to add that if any starter hero needs a buff, its Rogar. The hero basically has 0 impact. Gets oneshot by everything, does no damage, barely provides utility.
  • I think that, because they’re elves, they shouldn’t be able to miss an arrow. Isn’t that what elves are known for, crazy archery?
  • Well, I don’t know if indigo is