New light hero Thursday

We get a new light hero this week. According to summit he/she will bring at least three updated heros to form a new family.
Now there aren't that many orphan heroes left, giving us three broad categories:

Wizards: Pontifex, Kobal, Icebloom, Kai, Selwyn

Knights and other righteous types: Wilhelm, Augustus, Emily, Yasmin, Ember, Astrid

Asian: Aria, Zen, Yokozuna, Takumi

Also worth remembering is that light has only one (1) caster, 2 tanks and 2,5 warriors, but many healers and rouges.

I'm still hoping for a split Asian/dragon family dragon, but the data suggests some type of Merlin/Gandalf like caster for a knight family. Two more days and we will see.
Make Reptiles Great Again!

Comments

• I'd love to see Pontifex and Kai get a rework.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • I know it would be a bit of a stretch but the new hero maybe, *inhales*, just maybe, would be part of a family called something also the lines of ‘Mythic’. This would mean that the new hero could be a light dragon (a buddy for Ferno).

Along with the new hero there could be
    *Koros - because he is a manticore (he doesn’t have much to do as a monster right now)
    *Ferno - what’s more mythic than a dragon (he doesn’t have any other dragon pals so why not change his family)
    *For the biggest stretch of all *inhales again*, Leonidus, because isn’t he a sphinx or something. (I am fully aware of how important he is to the beasts though there is always a possibility)

This is all my speculation so I cannot guarantee that this will happen. I doubt it, but I can still hope.
  • Well, you are right about one thing, we've been assuming that the new hero is human and all the reworks will be human, but it is possible we might get an inhuman hero.
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    We, or at least I, haven't exactly a flawless track record in second guessing DB's moves. I'm just making an assumption based upon the lack of light casters and the fact that holier-than-you knights could easily be a family. We'll se in a few hours.
  • morillimorilli Member
    How about a Ranger or a Cavalier from D&D days? Both don't really fit in anywhere currently. Ranger is lightly armored, sort of nature hero but not really a nature hero so to speak. Cavalier is a less holier then though paladin. Less rigid in its belief system. Both have access to a wide range of magic. And Both can be non-human.
  • I'm hoping it's kobal, pontifex and shade
  • I like the ideas of mythic, mystic and Knights

I already have an idea what their play stiles would be like

Knights would have a saving of weakness in their hearts, all of them would have a special ability that would protect lowest health allies,(Augustus would give aegis, executem is more like a Dark knight, so instead of helping allies he will attack the lowest health enemy with void strike at the end of each round (the damage it deals is already low enough so it won't do much except apply dehabilitation and buff team defense for the first usage..,), sir whilliam already takes a hit for the ally, the new hero is unpredictable, probably something overpowered... Maybe a Rez at the end of each turn XD... Nooo DB isn't that stupid right, then a full Rez team would be possible and infinite battles would reign... But db wouldn't do that right?

Mystic is more magician based so their passives would be more diverse based on their magic specialization sadly one of the mystic heroes have been revamped recently so this one imo is less likely than the others.

Kobal the pestilential all about disease and death magic, arcane bolts doesn't fit his magic style but idk what to replace it with, also diseased heart repeats for allied Mystics, your loss is my gain now repeats for allied Mystics if pontifex is on the team.

Selewn no longer needs pontifex to use arcane winds, but if he is on a team with pontifex whenever he gains ice block so will other Mystics, so start of dungeon everyone has ice block, if he epics boom again everyone has it, basically a more defensive gimmick, also everyone in ice block will receive a little boost to their next attack similar to grog gnogs snow day, (example chilling blast deal the bonus damage to non frozen enemies too, and if the target is already chilled it will shoot a second blast of this spell... Pandemic swarm would also do water damage and freeze,ect. Selewn would also gain frozen heart III if he were to die freeze all enemies, repeat this effect for other Mystics

Finally pontifex the one you have all possibly been waiting for, grave digger instead deals damage to enemy, causing dead/undead allies to attack him twice the enemy twice.

Reincarnate III when killed resummon minus skin, with magic specialization intact(also passives, but that might be too op), repeat for other Mystics (Selewn- Dead Winds doing dark and ice damage to all enemies, applying chill and freeze, chilling blast stays the same, frost barrage becomes spirit barrage which would deal spirit damage to 5 random enemies(+1 for every 25 upgrades), applying chill, and slow to chilled enemies. Idk what kobal would do...))

Flesh incarnate would repeat for allies if the new legendary is on the team.

(I'm guessing and I bet others are too that merlon is going to be the light hero, he of course will specialize in arcane, fire, and ice magic, also a master of knowledge boosting the knowledge of other Mystics doing something.)

Well I have no idea what mythics would do, probably something that would stack, making combo attacks, and require planning to ease into late game... (Turn 3+ idk how long matches can last.)
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Looks like it was honor!
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Another fast rouge who looks like he's not to be trusted around children. And the honorbound family looks like reheated crap.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    mrdahl wrote: »
    Another fast rouge who looks like he's not to be trusted around children. And the honorbound family looks like reheated crap.

This game just does not like its Light heroes.
  • Stinky wrote: »

I see combo potential, sadly I don't think it's with the intended audience, I think he will be used in a range attack team with ignus, him, lily ferno, if necessary I guess you can replace lily with Solaris... Basically the gag of this team would be to Make all these range attacks happen to overwhelm the opponent, also if I use him, it won't be fully ascended, I mean honestly I don't care about purge on basic range attack, although I do wonder, also I think he could seriously buff light teams, they kinda needed a Solaris free lupina... Not to mention his ability to avoid taunt!

Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 21
    Stinky wrote: »

I see combo potential, sadly I don't think it's with the intended audience, I think he will be used in a range attack team with ignus, him, lily ferno, if necessary I guess you can replace lily with Solaris... Basically the gag of this team would be to Make all these range attacks happen to overwhelm the opponent, also if I use him, it won't be fully ascended, I mean honestly I don't care about purge on basic range attack, although I do wonder, also I think he could seriously buff light teams, they kinda needed a Solaris free lupina... Not to mention his ability to avoid taunt!
    I don't think he's bad - I'll use him for Solar Shot if nothing else - but I'll be honest: I was hoping for a hero or rework that would open up more options, defensively speaking. At least with the assassins, BD gives all Light allies +25% dodge. Having to fall back on Ferno and/or Goretusk every time is getting old and it's restrictive when it comes to the tower.

Oh, and it's only physical ranged attacks Deadeye follows up. He's not going to follow up most casters' attacks.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • He also follows up on Light allies
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Yeah, sorry, I was breaking the bad news to Toothless that Deadeye isn't going to followup on Ignus, Ferno and Lily's attacks. Depending on how much damage Deadeye can do, it'll be nice to have him help Emily when I have to fish for her epic effect. In retrospect I think I'm more disappointed in the honorbound family than I am about Deadeye himself.
    In retrospect I think I'm more disappointed in the honorbound family than I am about Deadeye himself.

Oh absolutely. Deadeye is a very good hero, and I like how he has potential but isn’t super OP.
    Yeah, sorry, I was breaking the bad news to Toothless that Deadeye isn't going to followup on Ignus, Ferno and Lily's attacks. Depending on how much damage Deadeye can do, it'll be nice to have him help Emily when I have to fish for her epic effect. In retrospect I think I'm more disappointed in the honorbound family than I am about Deadeye himself.

Oh, i wasn't saying you use him with those heroes for his followup, thats for his cannoneer attack, and yeah i'm dissapointed in them too, but one thing that i do like is that health buff and skill buff to Hansuke, kinda sad they didnt give hansuke anything else other then health and skill buff.
  • Well, granted, he did get a really big rework less than a year ago. It's Yoko I'm disappointed with.