Preliminary Tower of Pwnage Change [2nd Change Made]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited July 3 in Patch Notes
We have released a preliminary change to the tower that lowers the bottom range of enemy teams that it selects from, which should result in enemy teams being less oppressive, and hopefully increase diversity as well. This is not designed to be our long-term solution, and whether or not this range change will be reverted after long-term solutions are implemented has not been determined yet. We would greatly appreciate any feedback on this change. If you have already started your tower today, these changes will go into effect tomorrow.

Update: We have made a second round of changes aimed at level 80 players.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• sounds pretty good!
  • Thanks Joel! This sounds like a good initial change.
  • @Joel how many heroes of the new species released on Thursday be??
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • The new hero and three reworks @toothlessmon.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • @toothlessmon
    Family-less heroes:
    Emily, Selwyn, Kobal, Augustus, Yasmin, Icebloom, Astrid, Aria, ember, Pontifex, Zen, William, takumi, Kai, yoko.

My money’s on Mystic (Kobal, ponti, Zen) or Centurion family (Emily, Augustus, William).
  • danacdanac Member
    sadly, no level 10 teams for me.

But level 55 teams, and 2 floors of barbies instead of 6.

A good temporary fix.
  • Thanks for the try at a temporary change, Joel. I look forward to trying it.

My biggest problems were with the top of the range - if that remains unchanged, it will be interesting to see if it's less frequent.
  • kmobkmob Member
    Glad there is some action being taken.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful. It would be nice if some compensation for all text players lie myself nearly choked out of this game, including limited tesources for guild events even, was considered.

Most players rely on finishing the tower more than once in 2 weeks to be able to play at a suffecient level.

I for one refuse to reward a company by buying gems or tickets because they fubard the game, so I can keep pace in boss 100 or guild events.

New hero coming out and many of us have no gold left to rerune or gems to buy sta etc.

Again. I really don't mean to sound ungrateful but I think it would be a good gesture to show some appreciation to your customer base
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Beckerbear wrote: »
    So we waited until our international players spawned a new tower and took a look. We see no change in looking at many player's towers. Ive got a ton of screen shots but here are a couple examples.

How sure were you @joel that this fix would work? We aren't getting any positive feedback that it's helped?

@Beckerbear
    Not sure any of us over Lvl 70 will see much change, as most players at this end of the spectrum are using barb teams, or whatever OP team is the flavor of the month.

However, mid-range and lower would be probably see some nice easy opponents for a change.

That's if I'm reading how the whole PvP teams pulled coding works...
  • PwnisherPwnisher Member
    10 floors of barbs yesterday, 9 today. No improvement for me. How many weeks of lost gems, aether and mats are we up to? I was 6th at one point in tower floors completed and have now fallen to 48th. Another aspect of this for which there is no compensation.
    GM - The Underworld Titans
  • wagdoggwagdogg Member
    No improvement for me either. Straight trash. Another 10 floors of barbs
  • danacdanac Member
    Give it a couple days.
    To be clear, I saw some level 55 floors where I'm at 71. So the lower limit *has* been dropped.

That doesn't mean it will suddenly get better for everyone, but over the course of a few days y'all should notice a lower average level.

• danac wrote: »
    Give it a couple days.
    To be clear, I saw some level 55 floors where I'm at 71. So the lower limit *has* been dropped.

That doesn't mean it will suddenly get better for everyone, but over the course of a few days y'all should notice a lower average level.

I love these changes, I am finally able to complete floors of the tower (only able to beat one barb team though so it is still dependent upon where barb one lands... I was able to complete 7 out of 12 today instead of 0!!!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • My first tower is -9 to -3 in levels. Makes it even easier for me :) Saw 2 barb teams but they're under my level so that's fine.
  • I am definitely seeing some lower level teams today (lowest team 64 and I am 72) and the diversity seems a bit better, only 3 barbarian teams today and interestingly no Agnon or Emily teams (I actually think the Emily teams are worse than barbarians lately. I haven't run the tower yet, only opened it so I have not idea how it will play out.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Whatever, this **** doesn't help. I'm only a 71 and still can't finish the tower cause barb teams are OP and I run into an OP'd Agnon on almost EVERY floor. Get bent DB and fix this nonsense.
  • Have not run the tower yet but took a look. While there is definitely more variety in terms of enemy level (some level 64/65 floors) and characters (less barb or Solaris teams), I also see floors 9-11 are Emily+Agnon teams going up to level 75/76.

So instead of 11 floors of misery, it looks like 6ish floors of brutality. Before it was a slow depleting of my roster as I moved up the tower. Now it looks like my roster will stay relatively intact for the first half and then hit a steel reinforced wall.

So, first impressions are that this is better but ultimately not a game changer. Hoping that I am wrong though.

I will know more after running it. Fingers crossed.
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    7 floors of barbs this morning, not much change.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    My tower did seem easier today but that said I haven't had to much trouble with it even after the level cap increase.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited June 20
    Whatever, this **** doesn't help. I'm only a 71 and still can't finish the tower cause barb teams are OP and I run into an OP'd Agnon on almost EVERY floor. Get bent DB and fix this nonsense.

Don't be such an idiot, I mean seriously you got to floor nine, Floor Nine!!! last I checked I'm pretty sure that's better then floor 0. So seriously don't expect for a full tower complete, it will only give you so much.
  • morillimorilli Member
    I made it to floor 5. I actually saw stuff that I said to myself "I can handle that." Stopped at floor 6 because it was all barbs and I was like. Nope, I am out! I should have at least tried it but then I remembered that I hate the tower almost as much if not more then PVP.
  • BryanBryan Member
    No change for me this morning - at least, if there was, it was not noticeable. Perhaps the long term solution might include a re-evaluation of the PvP matching, seeing as how Tower floors are generated from that. I have 2 level 70 accounts with about 200k Roster Power difference between them. The lower of the two has little-to-no difficulty in completing the tower, nor is that account nearly as challenged in PvP.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We appreciate the feedback we've been getting from everyone! It seems that the changes have had the desired effect for most players, with the exception being those who are particularly high level due to the naturally smaller player pool. We're looking into doing a second round of changes that will be functionally similar to the one we've already made, but will only impact high level players.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Can you sell a magic potion that allows level 80 players go back to level 70.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    There is no choice but to attack.

7lkyglgahq9d.jpeg
    bw3q7o9f0h1a.jpeg
  • wagdoggwagdogg Member
    Yeah can you do the higher level player change like ASAP
  • glibglobglibglob Member
    Another day, another slap in the face tower experience. You spend countless hours grinding out levels, materials, and quests, trying to build out a good team...and then a second team...and then a third team. You carefully craft and equip runes, mix and match heroes for best synergies, read forum posts for strategies...and then each day you go in and have all of that spit back in your face by the devs and this unbelievably stupid tower setup. The game has turned from being a fun thing I do each day, to being an incredibly frustrating experience. Without the daily tower completion, and the gem reward, the pace of the game and progression have slowed to a crawl. The tower is not a fun challenge, it's literally an impossible task. I don't even think you could pay your way out of this, but maybe that's the plan. This is either extreme greed, or extreme incompetence by the developers of this game. You are literally driving people away from the game, which is too bad, because it was so much fun.