Hero Spotlight: Deadeye

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited June 20 in Hero Spotlights
NOTE: VIP10 players will be receiving 10 free Deadeye tokens today. He will become available to all players via the Hero Calendar starting tomorrow (Thursday).

Edit: We're aware that Deadeye accidentally wound up in the Heroic Portal for a few minutes. He has been removed.

wura30won1k7.png

Background:
When a mission left him optically challenged, he swore revenge on the Demon Lord, Bloodgeon for taking away his perfect vision.

Most Hated Hero: Drakk

Element: Light: +30% bonus against DARK enemies

Tags: Honorbound Rogue

Traits:
  • FAST – Attacks first.
  • TURN A BLIND EYE - Ignores Taunt and Provoke abilities.
  • BUSHIDO - Takes less damage from AOE attacks, and buffs applied to this hero last an additional round.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • BRING IT DOWN! - Ranged physical attack that marks the target (mark increases ranged damage dealt to that enemy), and all allies with ranged basic attacks do a follow-up attack against the target.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Nature Sprite: 15
  • Light Monarch: 30
  • Fire Sprite: 20
  • Jeweled Evo: 5

NEW Trait!
  • RIGHTEOUS FOLLOWER: Will do a follow-up basic attack after any attack from a Light or Honorbound ally.

NEW Ability!
  • SOLAR SHOT: Ranged physical light attack that Blinds the target (lowering their attack and defense) and reduces the target's energy by 1.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Sprite: 40
  • Light Monarch: 30
  • Bushido Evo: 8
  • Astral Evo: 2

NEW Trait!
  • SUN-TIPPED ARROWS: Allies' ranged physical attacks have a chance to purge a buff on hit.

NEW Ability!
  • SURGICAL VOLLEY: Ranged physical attack on all enemies with a chance to apply Nerve Damage (preventing healing).
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    NOTE: VIP10 players will be receiving 10 free Deadeye tokens today. He will become available to all players via the Hero Calendar starting tomorrow (Thursday).

And anyone that has gems and grabbed him in the portal, I take it that wasn’t intended?
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    See the edit to the original post :)
  • AnûbisAnûbis Member
    Joel wrote: »
    See the edit to the original post :)

Can you accidentally return my 20 heroic pulls I used under the assumption he was in the portal, since everyone else was able to get him from the portal?
    @Joel
    Unfortunately, I'm unable to do that. During the time that he was in the portal, he appeared on the drop list along with other heroes, he was not hidden. When we removed him from the portal, he was also removed from the drop list.
  • @Joel is there gonna be patch notes posted for the changes to the honorbound heroes ?
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • SaintSaint Member
    He doesn’t seem to do a follow up shot with light heros as his passive states. He does do a follow up shot with the honorbounds however. Now I notice he only is doing a follow up shot when all allies are honorbound.
  • @Joel
    Issues like this have happened before, heroes appearing in portals they shouldn't have been in. Do we know how many people got Deadeye when they shouldn't have? Do we know how high they got the stars due to this accident lasting a few minutes? Are we going to see 6* Deadeyes today? Is anything going to be done to correct this other than preventing everyone else from getting the same advantage the "lucky few" got?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
    @lythstihl Based on the information we have, the drop rate was not very high, and the token payout was very low. There should not be 6-star Deadeyes running around.

@Saint I'm seeing it work correctly in my game. If the hero kills the target with their own attack, Deadeye won't do a follow-up.
  • morillimorilli Member
    @Joel What's "ASOE"?

And he is like a cross between a paladin and a Ranger. I wonder how well he syncs with the assassins? Assassination is not a very honorable thing to do. I imagine he would get along well with Nim, Indigo and Willow. However not Daeris.
  • morilli wrote: »
    @Joel What's "ASOE"?

And he is like a cross between a paladin and a Ranger. I wonder how well he syncs with the assassins? Assassination is not a very honorable thing to do. I imagine he would get along well with Nim, Indigo and Willow. However not Daeris.

*AOE
  • VonNicoVonNico Member
    Anything special for VIP 5 players?
  • SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited June 20
    Here's a question:
    RIGHTEOUS FOLLOWER: Will do a follow-up basic attack after any attack from a Light or Honorbound ally.

Does that include the revenge attacks made by Takumi?
  • VonNico wrote: »
    Anything special for VIP 5 players?
    @VonNico Enjoy your access to the VIP portal
    No. Free attacks have never been able to occur after revenge attacks, otherwise they could result in infinite loops.
  • Thanks @Joel!
  • Based on Deadeye’s description, perhaps Demon Lord Bloodgeon will be a far future hero?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Based on Deadeye’s description, perhaps Demon Lord Bloodgeon will be a far future hero?

He better use a giant hammer or mace of some sort. I love the pun with his name. Blood-geon. Haha
  • SaintSaint Member
    @Joel Thx, I misunderstood
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    Why does deadeye synergies with allies with ranged physical attacks when other honorbound hero do melee attacks?
  • SUN-TIPPED ARROWS: Allies' ranged physical attacks have a chance to purge a buff on hit.

Does this include Deadeye’s own attacks
  • Joel wrote: »
    No. Free attacks have never been able to occur after revenge attacks, otherwise they could result in infinite loops.
    So warrior runes/pignus buff wouldn't cause him to attack? (2 times instead of one) honestly prob not because of the levels of op...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Based on Deadeye’s description, perhaps Demon Lord Bloodgeon will be a far future hero?

He better use a giant hammer or mace of some sort. I love the pun with his name. Blood-geon. Haha

But in the line it says he clawed out his eye, I think he will be super savage, running wild... Exactly what demon teams need!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Skuls wrote: »
    Why does deadeye synergies with allies with ranged physical attacks when other honorbound hero do melee attacks?

Likely so that you can put him on other teams that don't just include Honorbound heroes. He has a lot of synergy with Light heroes and heroes with ranged attacks. Seems like they want him to be versatile in what kind of teams he can be on.
    So warrior runes/pignus buff wouldn't cause him to attack? (2 times instead of one) honestly prob not because of the levels of op...

Correct.
    Skuls wrote: »

Likely so that you can put him on other teams that don't just include Honorbound heroes. He has a lot of synergy with Light heroes and heroes with ranged attacks. Seems like they want him to be versatile in what kind of teams he can be on.

This. The Honorbound family works well together, but they are designed to be much more flexible than most other families.