Scrolling through hero select is always a chore

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited June 25 in Feedback & Suggestions
This isn’t a discussion about hero sorting. This is me complaining about how ASTRONOMICALLY SLOW the game can get while I’m scrolling through the hero select screens. Doesn’t matter if I’m in PvP, Tower, PvE, whatever. The game slows to a CRAWL even when I’m firmly connected to a WiFi source and the rest of the game runs smoothly.

I have no idea what causes this, but you guys should really try to optimize this GUI sometime soon. Some days I just don’t even play because I don’t want to deal with having to scroll through my roster as slowly as it does.

Not to mention, sometimes while you’re scrolling, the game will lag a lot and think that the tap and slide you did to scroll down, was you selecting a hero. THEN it goes, “Oh wait, silly me! He was SCROLLING!” and then scrolls down past that hero who I now accidentally selected.
...Meaning I now have to scroll back UP (slowly), un-select the hero (which can take up to 10 seconds), and pray that when I scroll down again, the same thing doesn’t happen.

This really shouldn’t ruin a game for me, and yet, it gets so bad at times, it somehow does.

Comments

• (has it been a long time since you <made sure your account was registered with Big Fish and resintalled the app>?)

I had horrible lags, and lots of errors, and I noticed switching between accounts that my lvl 70 (then) account took forever and sometimes didn't finish. I suspected some form of resource fragmentation, so I reinstalled and things went MUCH smoother.

I still get drops to home screen but a lot less in game sluggishness.

It can't hurt to give it a shot on the off-chance its helpful, yes?

Apologies if you already did that.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Oh, it actually has been a long time. Maybe I should try it.

But even so, we shouldn't have to tie our account down, delete and re-download the app just to get it to function properly.
  • Indeed.
  • Oh, it actually has been a long time. Maybe I should try it.

But even so, we shouldn't have to tie our account down, delete and re-download the app just to get it to function properly.

Unfortunately that is how computer memory works, it's not the fault of Dungeon Boss. As new data is added it goes anywhere it will fit, but this can slow down processing if the app needs to go looking all over to find the data.

Given that Dungeon Boss has updates and new data every few days at least, the data can get very fragmented. Uninstalling and re-installing every six months at least is a good idea. It'll also save memory on your device as all that fragmented data takes up more space than necessary.
  • Hmm doesn't do this with me. It did on android 4.2. This is somewhat related but DB is doing a terrible job lately of sfaying in memory. I literally switched to another app and back a second late and DB restarted