Is Deadeye a dead loss? How to spend my remaining tickets

I have 224k tickets at present, enough for one of the Elite hero runes and all 14 bronze doors, or all silver 14 doors and a lot of tickets left over, but not nearly enough for a Hero rune. The rest of the tickets would essentially be wasted on stuff I can get in other ways.

Deadeye seems to me to be pretty useless for PvP and I see no urgency in getting him to 5*.

Does anyone think differently? I have 4 days to decide on a rune or investing heavily in Deadendeye.

What should I do?

Is Deadeye a dead loss? How to spend my remaining tickets 19 votes

Get Deadeye to 5* by opening 14 silver doors
47%
MonkeyHunterCrimson_the_KidScroom407li30sirolk99BryanGingeNinjawatermeloneCephalonMora 9 votes
Get the Water Hero (defense based) Rune plus open 14 bronze doors
21%
MavStlKegman913toutskiLydien 4 votes
Get the Earth Hero (defense based ) Rune plus open 14 bronze doors
31%
kpung07Ududu2SeasideStormMaxBeamerArconnShibaOne 6 votes

Comments

• Get Deadeye to 5* by opening 14 silver doors
    Deadeye’s Solar Shot is a game changer. Also, when paired with Ferno, Bring it Down has chance to burn with wildfire on defender of choice.

Furthermore, it may be difficult to get tokens for this hero in the future. Get ‘em while you can.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    I agree with @MonkeyHunter about Deadeye, but I voted for the green rune because you can’t craft a green rune with that much defense on it.
  • Get Deadeye to 5* by opening 14 silver doors
    @Barleyman haven't you seen in Kreepy's vids how effective DeadEye is? You also shouldn't be surprised when the devs buff him insanely.
    If I remember correctly, the runes are elite, with DR against barbs. This is NOT a game changing stat.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    @Barleyman haven't you seen in Kreepy's vids how effective DeadEye is? You also shouldn't be surprised when the devs buff him insanely.
    If I remember correctly, the runes are elite, with DR against barbs. This is NOT a game changing stat.

I haven't seen Kreepy's videos, there only seems to be one PvP on his Youtube channel featuring Deadeye. Yes he won the fight, but there were other teams that could have won. OTOH you're right, I'm not seeign the DR with Barbs as particuarly useful, I have no troble beating most barb teams already, the ones that I lose to tend to be because they're higher level and I can't strip/add debuffs with Ferno.

To use Deadeye, whether 4* or 5*, I'm going to have to re-arrange a lot of runes to make other heroes effective to work with Deadeye.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    Deadeye will show up in the heroic portal at sometime so my vote would be on getting the elite green rune.
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Get deadeye if you plan to take part in the upcoming pvp tournament. Otherwise hes a dead loss
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • li30li30 Member
    Get Deadeye to 5* by opening 14 silver doors
    My vote for DE tokens, get his star as high as possible, he might not seem to be as OP as barbs, but he is a very good support, versatile in many diff teams, esp combos with assas imo. in pvp there are 2 metas currently, barbs and taunt selwin oriented team, everyone must have their strategies against barbs which makes rune 4th barb dmg/Dr more or less useless, DE is valuable to fight taunt selwyn def I strongly believe.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Seems like a one trick pony, reduce energy then drop dead from a light breeze, sure looks cool though
  • Get the Earth Hero (defense based ) Rune plus open 14 bronze doors
    mrdahl wrote: »
    Get deadeye if you plan to take part in the upcoming pvp tournament. Otherwise hes a dead loss

This.

I mean I don't think he's awful, but I do think he's more situational. I love that he doesn't require to be on a full HB team, but until the elves become a bit better or if you have a good Therand and Takumi, I feel like he's only good as a 1st turn energy reducer. He dies way too quickly imo.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Thanks all for your input folks.

As the event has dragged on I've been able to both 5* Deadeye (at least I will when we get the final Guild payout) and get the green Elite rune, which I meant to say was attack based, not defense based. I've been too defense-oriented, and need more attack on most of my heroes.

Ironically the Barbs are showing up less in PvP now, as people find ways to beat them. My own PvP activities have been hammering barbarian teams as often as I see them since they showed up, and this rune will presumably push them further out of PvP contention.