Large Scale Tower Revamp

A lot of players on the forum or in summits have identified a few major issues with the tower
-It takes too long
-Not enough incentive to do anything but auto it
-difficulty is too dependent on chance
This is a large scale suggestion on revamping the tower that addresses the above while also improving it in other ways.

The new tower should be cut to 9 floors. 6 encounters will be players, and 3 will be bosses. There should be two player encounters before each boss. Matchmaking would not need to be much easier than it is now, as there are far less battles. The difficulty would encourage players to have diverse and large rosters and approach every battle fresh as opposed to just running through with zomm or solaris until they hit a brick wall like barbs. Every Boss floor would have a random selection of 3 bosses (floor 3 has 3 unique ones, floor 4 has 3 unique ones, floor 5 has chromus and 2 unique ones) and would add variety to the tower without creating wild swings in difficulty. The floor 3 bosses would be easy for recharging abilities and healing. The floor 6 bosses would still be easier than pvp but not be pushovers. The floor 9 bosses should be a real challenge that demands strategy.

Shortening the tower and adding bosses would make it less tedious and feel more varied while still reducing the effects of luck.

Comments

• edited July 10
    I like this idea. Chromus needs some type of change though. He is a complete joke. The fact that he revives over and over sounds scary on paper but it's more annoying than anything. I literally just bring Shade or Agnon.
  • I like this idea. Chromus needs some type of change though. He is a complete joke. The fact that he revives over and over sounds scary on paper but it's more annoying than anything. I literally just bring Shade or Agnon.

I like an easy Chromus but this 9 floor plan sounds better. I think Chromus should at least be fast and each mode should have a special attack and 50000 health per mode- I know, sounds crazy but Shade can deal a 30k non crit and Grog can regularly do 20k bursts.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Anytime someone says the tower is not worth the time, I tell them to quit the game. If you think 15-20 minutes is not worth your time for 275 gems, this game really has nothing left to offer you. It is by far the best value for your playing time. What do you want, DB to send you 275 gems every day for doing nothing?

Your suggestions sound nice in theory, but would require so much rework that it is impractical. They might as well introduce a new game mode entirely.
  • 15-20 minutes... the other day I spent over 40 minutes on it because I had several very hard teams that required 2+ teams of mine.
  • Yeah it's not a cakewalk for everyone. Not me anymore. Going from 7-10 min completion to oh god 6 floors of barbs and a 6 star assassin team
  • Yeah it's not a cakewalk for everyone. Not me anymore. Going from 7-10 min completion to oh god 6 floors of barbs and a 6 star assassin team

AAAAANNND the Lily/GT/Leo/Sol team that never dies.