Patch Notes: July 12th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
  • Fixed the bug that kept Black Diamond's "Surprise Technique" from working when she has her Epic.
  • Fixed Agnon's Granitform so it no longer removes buffs when it activates.
  • Fixed the issue that made constructs immune to lightning damage. As part of this fix, we've also separated "Light" and "Lightning" damage resistance on hero cards. Shock and paralysis resistances are listed under the "Lightning" heading.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

  • UratohUratoh Member
    *and there was much rejoycing*
  • Get ready for an onslaught of agnons with tank runes.
  • Get ready for an onslaught of agnons with tank runes.

    That’s bad enough, but how about sifu with energy runes to get hasted/+def agnon right from the start?
  • Joel wrote: »
    • Fixed Agnon's Granitform so it no longer removes buffs when it activates.

    I don’t understand the logic on this.

    If I remember right from his release, wasn’t it a purposeful feature that Agnon couldn’t be buffed in granite form? He’s already just about the strongest, most over-represented hero in the game, and this is a significant buff for him.

    Massive first turn DR from shade, increased attack from Abigail, dodge from lily, defense from grog, haste/energy/def from sifu. Not to mention that everyone will now switch their taunt rune over from selwyn to agnon, which will hurt overall diversity and relegate selwyn back to the bench.

    Agreed, this is really going to make Agnon a even bigger pain to deal with. He was already the defending hero you most have to plan your attack around. As if being in graniteform isn't a big enough bonus.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    • Fixed Agnon's Granitform so it no longer removes buffs when it activates.

    I don’t understand the logic on this.

    If I remember right from his release, wasn’t it a purposeful feature that Agnon couldn’t be buffed in granite form? He’s already just about the strongest, most over-represented hero in the game, and this is a significant buff for him.

    Massive first turn DR from shade, increased attack from Abigail, dodge from lily, defense from grog, haste/energy/def from sifu. Not to mention that everyone will now switch their taunt rune over from selwyn to agnon, which will hurt overall diversity and relegate selwyn back to the bench.

    Agreed, this is really going to make Agnon a even bigger pain to deal with. He was already the defending hero you most have to plan your attack around. As if being in graniteform isn't a big enough bonus.

    Someone will probably prove me wrong, but it does say:
    Joel wrote: »
    • Fixed Agnon's Granitform so it no longer removes buffs when it activates.
    Which still might mean he can't be buffed in Granitform, but he retains any buffs he had before, therefore he's didn't get that THAT big of a buff.

    Am I correct @Joel?

    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • No, he can be buffed at any time now. For instance, I just started a match and used Abigail to raise his attack while he’s in stone form.

    vyrdjdbx7lb8.png
  • That's a really bad Agnon "fix", sorry to say this. But Rocky can give now Agnon Haste in first round, Ember and Abigail attack buff, Yokozuna and Grog-Gnog Def buffs, Ekko buffs crit and adds energy all in first round, and you can give Agnon a regeneration rune while he sits there in granite form with high DR? Really!? Why!?
    And every buff probably makes it harder to purge his granite form because you need to purge the other buffs as well, don't you? This weakens Deadeye and Elfs to counter Agnon ... :(
  • Whatever, I like Agnon and now he can be the ultimate if you can put "that" rune on him and not remove the buff at the start. Sorry Shade. If Agnon stays like this I might have a new favorite.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Whatever, I like Agnon and now he can be the ultimate if you can put "that" rune on him and not remove the buff at the start. Sorry Shade. If Agnon stays like this I might have a new favorite.
    I like Agnon too, and I also have a lot invested in him - he's one of my few six-starred heroes and I think he might be my only hero to have all his runes be superior-quality. From a self-centred standpoint, I entirely stand to gain from this change. With all that out of the way, it doesn't make sense to considerably buff the best damage dealer in the game. Balance changes should be made to reduce the gap between the worst and the best, not increase it.
  • Joel wrote: »
    It was a correction to what was a bug. We knew it would be a buff for him, but from the community reaction, it seems we may have underestimated the impact of the inadvertent buff. Like I said, we're keeping an eye on things and will weigh our options on how best to scale him back if necessary.

  • only becouse of agnon-**** i started to use barbs(
    add daeris purge on 1st ability, plz.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 2018
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    It was a correction to what was a bug. We knew it would be a buff for him, but from the community reaction, it seems we may have underestimated the impact of the inadvertent buff. Like I said, we're keeping an eye on things and will weigh our options on how best to scale him back if necessary.

    Huh. I always got the impression from this thread that it was intentional.
    Joel wrote: »
    That's intentional, the Stoned status has always cleared buffs and debuffs.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    So you are saying the programmers accidentally changed the code so that being stoned does not clear buffs. Clearing buffs was intentional and now not doing it is intentional. I think it’s time I got stoned too. Can I have what ever you are giving the programmers.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    So you are saying the programmers accidentally changed the code so that being stoned does not clear buffs. Clearing buffs was intentional and now not doing it is intentional. I think it’s time I got stoned too. Can I have what ever you are giving the programmers.

    probably not a good idea.
    we want our rockets to make it into space
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    So you are saying the programmers accidentally changed the code so that being stoned does not clear buffs. Clearing buffs was intentional and now not doing it is intentional. I think it’s time I got stoned too. Can I have what ever you are giving the programmers.

    Wait... if you get stoned do you lose your snack buff?
  • Agnon is pretty strong now but I'm still losing a match here and there against teams I've beaten before, so he can't be too much more of a threat with tank rune.
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    I actually like it the way it was. Surely it isn’t a good idea to further buff agnon.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 2018
    Agnon is pretty strong now but I'm still losing a match here and there against teams I've beaten before, so he can't be too much more of a threat with tank rune.
    Let me guess - the matches you're losing have Agnon on defense. ;)

    If nothing else, time spent making the best dominate even more thoroughly could be used making worse placed characters better. Given the arrival of a Dark Festival, Ella and Malice could've been given a chunk of health or something. Balance changes don't necessarily involve extensive reworks. Look at all the characters that would benefit simply from number tweaking, like Leo (Sun Worship has a nine turn cooldown!) and Ponti (dies to a stiff breeze).

  • Yes Agnon is murder incarnate. The critter simply one shots everything! Now having said this I have had some cases were Agnon misses his target, or the damage for whatever reason is reduced a great deal. SB & MK come to mind. And also if he is on autopilot he doesn't target the strongest defense character. If you can purge his granite form he dies just like every other monster.

    Can we make Leo more independent. Without Solaris he has no identity of his own. It is like his sole purpose is to be cannon fodder for Solaris.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    and Ponti (dies to a stiff breeze).

    Who has that special?
  • LydienLydien Member
    danac wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »
    and Ponti (dies to a stiff breeze).

    Who has that special?

    Actually, that's a common misconception. "A Stiff Breeze" is actually a hidden status effect caused by any character with over 5000 attack when they target Pontifex =P
    Hopper will eat literally anything; rocks (stonefist), scrap metal (the furnace), ash (solaris), even bone (a lot of examples lol), AND is a known carrier of disease, and yet she still finds herself suffering from the disease ailment most matches... Something must be done!
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com