Patch Notes: July 18th, 2018 [Kai Makani and Phemus Reworks]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight

Kai Makani Rework:
  • Attack++, Defense-, Health-, Skill+
  • Surf's Up is now undodgable and will purge Taunt from any enemies it hits. Surf's Up's cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 6.
  • Back Splash now purges a buff from each enemy it hits. Back Splash's cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 4.
  • Call of the Deep's cooldown has been reduced from 6 to 4.
  • Grass Skirt of Resistance, Silence Immune, and Melee Vulnerability passives removed.
  • Kai now gets the Cleansing Seas passive, which allows him to remove debuffs from himself at the start of his turn. The number of debuffs removed increases as Kai is ascended.
  • Kai now gets the Torrential Tides passive after being ascended once. This passive increases the Damage Penetration of all Water allies by 15%.
  • Kai now gets the Wave Rider passive after being ascended twice. This passive allows Kai to start dungeons with 1 extra energy and 10% bonus Max Health for EACH other water ally on the team with him. This means that if you bring Kai and three other water heroes into a dungeon, Kai gets 3 extra energy and 30% bonus Max Health.

Phemus Rework:
  • Attack+, Defense++, Health++, Skill-
  • Phemus now both an Ogre and a Monster.
  • Earthquake is now undodgable, only damages enemies, deals increased splash damage. In addition, Earthquake's cooldown has been reduced from 6 to 5.
  • Hearty Taunt is now Demolishing Smash. Demolishing Smash does an armor-piercing, shield-ignoring melee physical attack against a target enemy. This attack wounds the enemy, starts powered, and has a cooldown of 4.
  • Wild Rampage's cooldown has been reduced from 5 to 4.
  • Phemus is no longer Slow, and his Monster Guard passive has been removed.
  • Phemus now has the Brute Strength passive, which increases the damage penetration of Ogre and Monster allies. This benefit improves as Phemus is ascended.
  • Phemus now gets the Iron Ogre passive after being ascended once. Whenever Phemus is hit by a melee attack, this passive will lower the Attack stat of the enemy that hit Phemus.

Other changes:
  • Reverted Agnon's Graniteform so it purges buffs when activated.
  • Fixed Hopper's Hoppy Ending so it will activate when an enemy is killed by passive damage.
  • Fixed Hopper's Hoppy Ending to work normally with the Dark Festival passive for future events.
  • Added Ferno, Marrow, Solaris, and Goretusk to the Aether Shop.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• AWESOME!!! :)
  • Now Phemus can look his ogre friends straight in the eye.

Or four eyes in Grog-Gnog's case.

Golly, ogres are complicated.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    The Phemus rework is ogre powered.
  • oh no xD
    META
    CHANGED
    Now takumi will be crazy as well as igorok and of course agnon gets stronger just because he's a monster with anyone. Now he has a new buddy too, even if he doesn't really benefit.
  • >Phemus is now an Ogre.
    @HollandOrc It’s time to celebrate!
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • I’m feeling that the next hero may be an ogre, completing the team of; Kozar bonebreaker, Grog-nog, Phemus, & X (whoever the new hero is)
  • edited July 2018
    Zoblosion wrote: »
    I’m feeling that the next hero may be an ogre, completing the team of; Kozar bonebreaker, Grog-nog, Phemus, & X (whoever the new hero is)

LightOgre Mage with:
    - Bloodlust. A buff that gives everyone +attack and lifesteal and (if they're ogre) an extra attack if they kill someone.
    - Lightning Bolt. A high, single target, range, lightning damage on a target, reduces their energy by one, also chains to any enemy effected by magnified light.
    - Cleansing Light. Heal and remove all buffs from a single target with splash heal for the rest of the team.
  • UratohUratoh Member
    I noticed that Phemus didn't pick up a 'Snow Day' move with Grog. Does this mean Kozar getting a Snow Day altered move was just a one-off?
  • Uratoh wrote: »
    I noticed that Phemus didn't pick up a 'Snow Day' move with Grog. Does this mean Kozar getting a Snow Day altered move was just a one-off?
    Wow, didn’t realize Kozar got a snow day move. Phemus should definitely get one too.

Phemus is also the only ogre that doesn't have a sports-themed 1st abillity.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • danacdanac Member
    Uratoh wrote: »
    Wow, didn’t realize Kozar got a snow day move. Phemus should definitely get one too.

Phemus is also the only ogre that doesn't have a sports-themed 1st abillity.

smashing peopleisn't sports themed?
  • There used to be a pro “wrestler “ named Earthquake. Does that count?
  • What difference does snowday mage to kozar
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited July 2018
    Zoblosion wrote: »
    What difference does snowday mage to kozar

When Kozar has the Snow Day Buff, his first attack special, Home Run, will also increase the defense of all allies.

Phemus should be getting an "extra" with Snow Day buff since he is once again considered an ogre.

• Isn't Phemus OGRE POWERED enough? No really, mine isn't 6 star but he looks ridiculously strong now even on his own unless Balog is there to ruin the fun.
  • HollandOrcHollandOrc Member
    edited July 2018
    >Phemus is now an Ogre.
    @HollandOrc It’s time to celebrate!
    Woah, Phemus be moving up in the world!
  • I think now that we have 3 ogres Kozar should get a rework. Replacing goblin and ogre synergy with total Ogre synergy and some extra oomph.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited July 2018
    I think now that we have 3 ogres Kozar should get a rework. Replacing goblin and ogre synergy with total Ogre synergy and some extra oomph.

I don't think that is necessary. As of right now, Kozar is the only one that is 100% Ogre, the rest are 50%. It makes sense mechanics wise to have all of them 50% ogre. On top of that, the devs have stated they are moving away from the single family ideology.

I mean, look at honorbound.

Edit: If anything, they should make it so Kozar is part bugbear.
  • Edit: If anything, they should make it so Kozar is part bugbear.

I thought you were talking about introducing a Tardigrade family. Am disappointed.
  • What about a bacteria family? Small micro heroes that deal poison/disease and massive debuffs xD
  • SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited July 2018

I thought you were talking about introducing a Tardigrade family. Am disappointed.

That would be a water bear my dear friend. I should know, they were my school mascot. :wink:
  • I wish they removed Kozar's warrior tag and made him a Goblin. Then all ogres are hybrids where they benefit their family and race. He already has goblin synergy (besides crit's doing stuff). Phemus and Grog are monster and beast now.

Otherwise, love the other changes. Been asking for some of the newer heroes to be obtainable besides events for a while now. :)
  • danacdanac Member

They were a bit late in rolling that out...
  • I liked old phemus better...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Kozar can't be a Goblin (unless they share their bloodline into him like what we saw with Elves).
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    I wish they removed Kozar's warrior tag and made him a Goblin. Then all ogres are hybrids where they benefit their family and race. He already has goblin synergy (besides crit's doing stuff). Phemus and Grog are monster and beast now.

Otherwise, love the other changes. Been asking for some of the newer heroes to be obtainable besides events for a while now. :)

Apart from a much needed update, Kozar should get "Honorary Goblin" as a trait. When on a team with Cruel King Bramble, Kozar counts as a goblin in regards to passives, bonuses etc.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • I wish they removed Kozar's warrior tag and made him a Goblin. Then all ogres are hybrids where they benefit their family and race. He already has goblin synergy (besides crit's doing stuff). Phemus and Grog are monster and beast now.

Kozar can't be a Goblin (unless they share their bloodline into him like what we saw with Elves).

That’s why I suggested Bugbear. They wouldn’t have to do any visual updates and he could count as a goblin.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Kinda disappointed Phemus isn't Slow anymore. Seems Slow heroes will eventually just be gone from the game forever.
  • Kinda disappointed Phemus isn't Slow anymore. Seems Slow heroes will eventually just be gone from the game forever.

We still have Phemus!
  • danacdanac Member
    Kinda disappointed Phemus isn't Slow anymore. Seems Slow heroes will eventually just be gone from the game forever.

considering how many fast heroes thee are, eventually all normal speed heroes will be fast too.