UPDATED: Excessive Mail Issue

Comments

• lythanderlythander Member
    edited July 2018
    I don’t know what options they have to fix it. But shrugging and saying “well, the next X events are now screwed” is not viable.

On top of that, how many people had saved up guild reward mails that lost them? How many had saved pvp reward mails that lost them? Some people could have taken a substantial hit in the other direction.

I didn't lose any guild rewards had 4 saved as well as the I'm sorry for breaking Viperia compensation. Anyone actually lose past rewards mails?
  • If they can't just remove them the they really need to reset the game to the last server backup before the reward and hope fits no more than 24 hours back. It's that bad a screw up.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • I know people that got tens of thousands of aether and a lot of runes and spirits. I’ll be waiting for mine
  • edited July 2018
    I would imagine a server rollback is in place. Don't know how this game functions with that but I've seen a full server rollback in other online games because someone managed to find a way to merge two items magic stats together to make a hybrid item with both items magic stats then they mass duplicated it and traded them all over the community. Everyone's characters rolled back a full 24 hours and I lost about 13 levels of progress I made lol it sucked.
  • I think only water was affected so DB only needs to look at 100 players. Easy to check their last back up, their purchase history and compare against their current resources. Take away the insane amount but give them a little extra in compensation. They should all understand this was a huge mistake.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited July 2018
    We will not be doing a full server rollback, as that would cause a significant number of issues for anyone who made a purchase, portal pull, or crafted a rune. We have taken away the majority of the gems claimed by the player who got the top spot on the leaderboard, but runes will be left in place. As for aether, 200,000 aether is about 1200 tokens for gold heroes, meaning someone could get 5 heroes from 5* to 6*, which ultimately isn't huge. With regards to the runes, they're only water runes with damage reduction. While they are valuable, they are not game breaking, even in excessive amounts.

This incident was the result of a bugged server, not the event itself, which was thoroughly tested. This was a completely difference coiincidence (outside of the event itself) that caused the issue. We will also be holding a mini-summit on Monday to address any outstanding concerns.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    We will not be doing a full server rollback, as that would cause a significant number of issues for anyone who made a purchase, portal pull, or crafted a rune. We have taken away the majority of the gems claimed by the player who got the top spot on the leaderboard, but runes will be left in place. As for aether, 200,000 aether is about 1200 tokens for gold heroes, meaning someone could get 5 heroes from 5* to 6*, which ultimately isn't huge. With regards to the runes, they're only water runes with damage reduction. While they are valuable, they are not game breaking, even in excessive amounts.

This incident was the result of a bugged server, not the event itself, which was thoroughly tested. This was a completely difference coiincidence (outside of the event itself) that caused the issue.

As a player who will be forced to deal with the players who got this ridiculous number of runes I completely disagree that this is not game breaking. When every single character and for that matter future character that these player have with blue slots have the superior rune without needing to ever move runes around I feel that is hugely unbalanced and game breaking. If it is not game breaking you clearly won't mind sending the rest of us a few hundred of them to balance the issue? Robert Heinlein has a great quote that goes something like ... the way to tell if a deal if fair is to turn it around and see if the other side is still OK with it. If it's fair that these 100 players got so much wouldn't it be just as fair to give it to everyone to balance it out since it's not game breaking?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • JacopoJacopo Member
    However this mistake goes, you are not able to run a game.
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

This incident was the result of a bugged server, not the event itself, which was thoroughly tested. This was a completely difference coiincidence (outside of the event itself) that caused the issue.

As a player who will be forced to deal with the players who got this ridiculous number of runes I completely disagree that this is not game breaking. When every single character and for that matter future character that these player have with blue slots have the superior rune without needing to ever move runes around I feel that is hugely unbalanced and game breaking. If it is not game breaking you clearly won't mind sending the rest of us a few hundred of them to balance the issue? Robert Heinlein has a great quote that goes something like ... the way to tell if a deal if fair is to turn it around and see if the other side is still OK with it. If it's fair that these 100 players got so much wouldn't it be just as fair to give it to everyone to balance it out since it's not game breaking?

It's not top 100 I'm concerned with, it's the top 10 maybe the top 50.
  • People might have 100 of these runes but they aren't the best runes for EVERY hero. Anyone could get this massive of a reward anyway if they play enough and win enough events, so these people just got a major boost lol. Wish I was part od the event tho so I could 6 star all my heroes and have some real fun
  • Excellent. Since 200k aether is no big deal, when can i expect it?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    It appears the only way to save the game is to give five elite blue runes and 200,000 Aether to every player. Might us well throw in some gems.
  • Joel wrote: »
    We are aware that players are receiving an excessive amount of mail from Thalia and are looking into the cause.

With regards to the runes, they're only water runes with damage reduction. While they are valuable, they are not game breaking, even in excessive amounts.
    So you're saying those water runes suck? Why spend to get them?
  • So, you say those insane numbers aren't a big deal? Then can the rest of the population receive then aswell please? Seeing as we weren't aware the rewards we were competing for were actually 100s-1000s times what they were shown in the rewards tab.

If everyone had known what the real rewards were then we'd probably have competed to get on the table, but to only find out after the fact is ridiculously unfair.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 2018
    Think we can all agree that anything short of 5* superior really doesn’t matter, so screw it. But that leaves a very small number of people who got that or an elite. I don’t understand what would be so hard about removing all but 1 or 2 of the duplicate runes from those people.
  • Well i am fine with the rune issue, they are not game breaking runes. But 200k aether... now that is debatable.
    Oh hey, i got an idea, just send 200k aether to everyone or kai tokens that would equal to that number, and we all will be fine :smile:
  • Also tokens are just one thing that you can use aether for. 200k in aether will max a lot of epics.
  • So true @MaxBeamer
  • Alright, so I'm going to split the comment into four parts, each tackling one of the three reward complaints and one the address the general complaining.
    The Extra Aether
    wagdogg wrote: »
    I know people that got tens of thousands of aether and a lot of runes and spirits. I’ll be waiting for mine
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    Also tokens are just one thing that you can use aether for. 200k in aether will max a lot of epics.

Are my eyes deceiving me? Am I seeing complaints about not having enough aether? So I assume that you don't want Yorick to leave to tower or Hagrim to be swapped out for another hero? Think of it this way; 1,500 Aether is enough to buy 20 runs. So 200k is enough to buy 2,660 runs. As of right now, the #1 for nature is at 1,359 runs, which is roughly 1/2 (I understand some of that is PvP), and this leaderboard currently ~19% over. Think about how many runs the number 1 is going to have and compare it to how much aether they earned. In reality, like Joel said,
    As for aether, 200,000 aether is about 1200 tokens for gold heroes, meaning someone could get 5 heroes from 5* to 6*, which ultimately isn't huge.

I wouldn't be complaining about all this extra aether. If you really want it, then stop complaining about how much you've been earning from Hagrim being the guild hero for so long or Yorick for being the king of the tower.
    The Extra Gems

Since the issue has been fixed, not much to say here.
    The Extra Runes
    People might have 100 of these runes but they aren't the best runes for EVERY hero. Anyone could get this massive of a reward anyway if they play enough and win enough events, so these people just got a major boost lol. Wish I was part od the event tho so I could 6 star all my heroes and have some real fun

I just thought this quote best described my feelings. Who ACTUALLY needs hundereds of blue defense runes? Think of it this way: Imagine if they were tank runes or energy runes. Yeah, NOW you're scared.
    We are aware that players are receiving an excessive amount of mail from Thalia and are looking into the cause.
    With regards to the runes, they're only water runes with damage reduction. While they are valuable, they are not game breaking, even in excessive amounts.

I mean you just craft these runes, and they don't work for all heroes.
    General
    Remember, it's Friday here in America which means the devs, if they want to give out rewards, they're not going to do it until Monday. As for the
    Monkeynuts wrote: »
    This might be your most spectacular screwup to date.
    We say that at least twice a month, usually more :wink:.

Just remember, this is a FREE MOBILE game, and one of the few good ones that don't have pop-ups all the time. They have a small team of devs compared to some other games and they are the only devs of ANY game I've played that have given us, as players, so much voice and so many ways to access them. I've played MANY games in my time, so this is a bold statement.

Chances are in a few months we won't remember this. Remember the uproar when the undead had their big rework? I yelled just as load as everyone else. When the devs decided to remover $3 monthly gems? Oh yeah, they're back and better than ever! All games have to go through bugs and such. That's why there's a bugs and feedback page.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • @SeasideStorm I don’t think that you are fully understanding the aether part of this discussion because your response makes no sense to me.

Joel was trying to minimize the effect that 200,000 aether would have, and I pointed out that it could have a big effect if used a different way.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    @SeasideStorm I don’t think that you are fully understanding the aether part of this discussion because your response makes no sense to me.

Joel was trying to minimize the effect that 200,000 aether would have, and I pointed out that it could have a big effect if used a different way.

I'm just agreeing with Joel that 200,000 isn't that much in the long run, especially if someone has the resources to get that top spot. If, say, a level 50 had just been given 200,000 aether this would be a different issue. In reality, it's all about perspective. You see it in more of a general view. With that perspective, yes, 200,000 aether could be a lot. I am seeing it as someone who has the extra resources to spend on getting the top spot as getting a mostly useless resource for them. I was adding the point about Yorick and Hagrim because I tend to see a lot of complaints on the aether buildup these two are giving people, and found it quite silly that now I'm hearing about not enough aether.
  • If 200k isn’t that much aether then give it to me. I will show you what it can do.
    If 200k isn’t that much aether then give it to me. I will show you what it can do.

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. 200k aether is a lot to you, as someone who isn't a max player, but to someone who is a max player, it means almost nothing.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited July 2018
    So you are assuming that only max players got the extra awards?

Also why would truly maxed players care about any of this? They should also have more than enough gems and runes too.
  • I *knew* I should have gone for it. Didn't because I saw it as a purposeful resource drain to suggest spending money next event (or two).

If the top players got massive rewards I am in favor of letting them keep it, but I would recommend a "present" for the rest of the active players at least so they don't feel they're being taken advantage of.

Its already hard enough to advance in PVP, now top event players have an even larger edge. "haves" gettiing havier, etc. I come here to escape RL, not to repeat it.

But oh well, I'm probably losing interest soon anyway..this event is all about who can quick loot the most and buy (or stock) stamina while doing event quests designed to suck up your raid tickets and sacrifice your pvp rank so you will be behind next event, which is probably going to be less than rewarding for any not already in legend 1.

Ah well...

To err is human, but it takes a server to
    get stuck in a loop...
    get stuck in a loop...
    get stuck in a loop...
  • danacdanac Member
    I'm upset I didn't log on and get 900 messages telling me I had nothing.
    If 200k isn’t that much aether then give it to me. I will show you what it can do.

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. 200k aether is a lot to you, as someone who isn't a max player, but to someone who is a max player, it means almost nothing.

I'm certainly not a max player, I only have a dozen 6 stars and still have a couple of heroes I'm yet to unlock. Most of my heroes, especially blue heroes, have low level /power runes. That would be worth a lot to me.

I also have enough keys and stamina to have gotten in the top 10 but chose not too cause I didn't think the rune was special enough and don't care for the heroes. So because rewards didn't say "1000 runes and 200,000 aether" I didn't try and missed out on having an insane boost because of a bug that hundreds of others benefited from. That seems absolutely ridiculous and makes me regret buying gems yesterday when others get 100-1000x what I can get from them due to a bug.
  • Sounded like only the top finishing 100 blue team winners got the server loop when they collected their mail prizes.

Maybe the green leaderboard too, but I didn't hear anything on that one.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 2018
    I think it was a mistake to make Thalia an evil supergenius A.I. and give her control of the game. Her habit of removing Abi's and Pig's skin, messing about with characters' abilities, and destroying the economy is all a bit of a bummer. I am interested to see what she does next, though. Maybe she can make Solaris' ashes easier to target when playing as Zomm?
    Are my eyes deceiving me? Am I seeing complaints about not having enough aether? So I assume that you don't want Yorick to leave to tower or Hagrim to be swapped out for another hero?
    I 100% definitely don't want Yor removed from the tower. Please don't halve my aether income for no real reason. :(
  • edited July 2018
    Thalia is really the boss of darkness. So DB devs, when do we get to fight her?
    That's the secret actually, the boss of darkness has been here the whole time. The boss of darkness is right in front of our eyes. In the shop for $19.99, $4.99, 30,000 tickets, 2,000 gems. It's everywhere! Can you win the fight? I've lost many times. I lost yesterday when I bought those runes xD