REMINDER: PVP Grand Tournament This Weekend, No PVP Streaks This Season

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Hey everyone!

As you should be seeing in-game already, there will be a PVP Grand Tournament this weekend, which means the season that just started does not have win streaks. :)
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    edited July 2018
    @Joel - I also noticed that the starting point for legend II is lower than usual. Didn’t it used to be 32000?

EDIT: Sorry, I misspoke. What I meant to say was that I thought people who finish a season as Legend I start the next season as Legend II with a score of 32000. This season I started at a lower score...somewhere around 31896. Was this intentional and/or is my memory of 32000 wrong?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I've been lowered to 3200 as per usual. How many were you sitting at after the reset?
  • @Stinky - I edited my original post to include this information. Maybe there are battles that are not showing up in "My Stats" that are included in the total?
  • @Joel - I assumed that it was my starting score that was wrong based on my current total and the Battle Log. However, here is another possible interpretation:

My current score is exactly 104 lower than what it should be based on the Battle Log AND I currently have a single offensive win (a revenge) for exactly 104 trophies. Maybe my starting point was correct (e.g., 32000) but these revenge trophies were subtracted instead of added?

Thanks for looking into this issue for me :)
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @PugsOfWar Do you have a screenshot of your battle log?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • You heard Joel, no streaking people ;)
  • @Joel - thanks for the quick response. Restarting the app on the same device did not resolve the issue. However opening up the game on my other device seems to have done the trick. The totals now match a 32000 start point plus results based on the battle log. Have a great night :)
  • tldr; suggest modify guild games to provide some modified rewards for those stuck in the lower leagues to give them a little more sense of guild participation, chance to win, encouragement to play (and spend) etc....

I had considered asking to change the event so people in lower leagues were rewarded for their progress on a proportional bases, to make the contest more "fair", but I realize that part of the event is designed to encourage people to get to higher positions (legend 1) prior to the event, and to encourage them to spend. Personally, I think some interim compromise would strike a balance whereby those lower on the league ladder would not feel at so much of a disadvantage, and it might even encourage them to move up harder and spend a little, fulfilling the above stated goals. Allowing some compromise for lower-league starters would also give a sense of participation to newer players or lower placed guilds.

Surely some happy medium could be devised?

I've always wondered about those who are stuck in the back-woods of PVP when a guild event comes around.

It seems to me it costs so much to get to legend 1 from the back woods that its an event in itself to get there and costs so many resources there's none left for the event.
  • danacdanac Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    You heard Joel, no streaking people ;)

my new puppy is streaking
  • danacdanac Member
    this thread, sadly, will not prevent the deluge of people posting on the forum that PVP is bugged this week.

But it was worth a try.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Perhaps Thalia should send out a mail to everyone from now on saying pvp streaks will be disabled for events like this?
  • It should be placed in the PVP info announcement as well.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Ududu2 wrote: »
    Perhaps Thalia should send out a mail to everyone from now on saying pvp streaks will be disabled for events like this?

Thalia's not allowed to send mail since she posted ten trillion aether to people.
  • sirtainly

If people would commit to just winning 8 raids everyday, they could easily get to legend 1 and then stay there forever.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited July 2018
    SirJuice wrote: »
    sirtainly

If people would commit to just winning 8 raids everyday, they could easily get to legend 1 and then stay there forever.

I find that difficult to believe, especially how much raiding I have been doing, but to honor your suggestion, after the event, I will try it for several days and report back my results.

I'm skeptical.

(Does that take into account events that require uncommon team compositions which dilute win ratios? That also presumes people have the skill to win 8 raids per day. I find myself continually having trouble remembering or figuring out hot to counter every major team type, so I adjust by being more picky about the teams I fight, which impacts my streak frequency.)

(I freely admit to not being the greatest PVP'er - and I know I'm not alone.)
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited July 2018
    sirtainly

This only works if you can keep your streak going!

If (like me) you suck at PvP and are constantly refreshing opponents and killing your streak, you can get 8 wins a day, but will NOT get to Legend 1.

I'm still struggling to get out of the Champion leagues and break into Warlord 3! :/
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    sirtainly

This only works if you can keep your streak going!

If (like me) you suck at PvP and are constantly refreshing opponents and killing your streak, you can get 8 wins a day, but will NOT get to Legend 1.

I'm still struggling to get out of the Champion leagues and break into Warlord 3! :/

Reset until you get 3 good ones. Then try to always fight the one on the right until it's barbs or some hard beast combo. You should get a relatively easy time leveling high with only one or no resets a day. Also the quest gives you an extra ticket for 9 total.
  • No offense meant, but if you’re admitting to sucking at pvp, not being able to keep streaks going, not remembering teams to beat the very few meta comps, not sure you can win 8 measly raids per day...why should you be in the top league that the game offers??? Doesn’t that defeat the point of having leagues, if everyone can make it to the top?
  • danacdanac Member
    No offense meant, but if you’re admitting to sucking at pvp, not being able to keep streaks going, not remembering teams to beat the very few meta comps, not sure you can win 8 measly raids per day...why should you be in the top league that the game offers??? Doesn’t that defeat the point of having leagues, if everyone can make it to the top?

kids today with their participation trophies.
  • No offense meant, but if you’re admitting to sucking at pvp, not being able to keep streaks going, not remembering teams to beat the very few meta comps, not sure you can win 8 measly raids per day...why should you be in the top league that the game offers??? Doesn’t that defeat the point of having leagues, if everyone can make it to the top?

I never said I should be in the top league.
    Please do not put words in my mouth @Skip_Holmes .

I was merely pointing out that doing 8 raids a day does not guarantee you will get into Legend 1.
  • All I know is I've burned a lot of tickets trying to complete the Day 3 "Win 4 pvp raids with 4 heroes of the same class..."

I tried several with legendary, that didn't work, so tried caster.

Zomm, Shade, Ferno, Selwyn.

All casters. Still didn't work.

Sure coulda used those tickets to hit 50K...oh well movin' on....
  • @sirtainly don’t know what level you are but on my level 60 account I used warriors Agnon,Hansuke,Drakk, Sifu. On level 71 account used rogues Abigail,Kira, BD, SB. Took 1 loss with the warriors and 2 with the rogues.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    sirtainly wrote: »
    All I know is I've burned a lot of tickets trying to complete the Day 3 "Win 4 pvp raids with 4 heroes of the same class..."

The "legendary" tag is meaningless, but the caster team should definitely have worked for you. Casters are even mentioned as an example in the quest text! It sounds like you're the victim of a bug.
  • Deadeye, Kira, BD and SB all rogue, 3 get the light bonus for the event. One gets honorbound bonus for the event, 3 are assassins and get that synergy, nailed it in 4 even against higher level groups. The only group not to use it against were the all assassin or all light groups. It even kills barbarians with no issue if you use it right.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Stinky wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    All I know is I've burned a lot of tickets trying to complete the Day 3 "Win 4 pvp raids with 4 heroes of the same class..."

The "legendary" tag is meaningless, but the caster team should definitely have worked for you. Casters are even mentioned as an example in the quest text! It sounds like you're the victim of a bug.

Yeah, the legendary mistake was purely on me.

I tried casters this morning and they worked. I was pretty careful last night, so I feel it was some artifact, but just in case it was me, I won't report it.

I'm glad to have the roster power, runes and hero knowledge so these family/class/off-main-pvp team quests are at least doable with work. Historically they've been a major pain for me.