Grand Guild Tourney Starts Today

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
ah7oaaqsrt5o.png

[NOTE: The beginning of the event might be delayed by just a bit, but it shouldn't be too significant!]
Edit: The event should now be live :)

The Guild Grand Tourney begins today! Here are a few reminders about how the event works:
  • The leaderboards are completely based on PvP Trophies. Any trophies your earn are counted towards your Guild's total, and any trophies lost are deducted, until your personal contribution reaches zero. At no point can your personal contribution become negative.
  • There are special passive effects running during the event to shake up the metagame! These buffs last for the entire event.
  • There are quests that pay out event tickets. Event tickets are NOT related to Trophies/leaderboard progress in any way.
  • The event will end at 11pm CST Sunday night, so guilds have the time to shuffle their members around for the new week.
  • PVP Streaks are deactivated throughout the event, and therefore, this week's season.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• SirJuiceSirJuice Member
    How long is a "slight delay" and why is there a delay, please?
  • @Joel How long is a slight? It is 11 pm here, and this will cause me lose A WHOLE DAY while people in USA will take the advantage of raiding on Thursday
  • boooousak wrote: »
    @Joel How long is a slight? It is 11 pm here, and this will cause me lose A WHOLE DAY while people in USA will take the advantage of raiding on Thursday

I wouldn’t call the loss of the hour or so before you get some sleep (please get some sleep) a distinct advantage for Americans.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited July 26
    I've been told the event will start at 3:25.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • SirJuiceSirJuice Member
    Joel wrote: »

Were you told what the buffs/debuffs are going to be? (care to share)
  • SirJuice wrote: »

Were you told what the buffs/debuffs are going to be? (care to share)

They will definitely shake it up, just like last time. Barbarians do triple damage, GT is invincible for 3 rounds, Emily rez has no cool down. You know...real game changers.
  • Nut13Nut13 Member
    Claro gran mejora para unos pocos mientras en España no sale perdemos puntos entre esto y los trucajes de algunos siempre tienen ventaja los mismos....
  • Honorbound doesn't register as a family for the event quest
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • Ok I’m sorry bossfight, but already I hate this event, and I like PvP.
    •The buffs are basically nothing. The only thing that changes is that you’ve taken away kai as an assassin counter, which is not helpful at all.
    •Nothing In the shop is interesting. Another buff stealing rune? Whatever. It’s overpriced, considering it’s not very good.
    •The event rewards are honestly the worst you’ve ever had. The rune sucks in the first place, as you usually give us a rune that at least has full DR, not just against barbs, which have already been well countered by now. Deadeye tokens aren’t great. You know no one uses deadeye. And perhaps the worst part, the tiers are horrible. 11-25 guilds don’t even get a five star superior?!? Are you guys joking? Everything wrong about your previous events is manifested in this event and more.

Look, I don’t want to sound unappreciative of all your work, but it’s like you guys forget everything the community tells you every time you make a new event. Overall this event is another “too much effort, not enough reward”. Please turn the sinking ship that is grand guild tourneys around.
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited July 26
    Assassins aren't registering as a family either.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • @Swordking35 you know what they say when someone is mad... get some sleep
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Get your PvP on, groan... :/
  • @Swordking35 preach
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • we still didnt get 200k aether, and come on, maybe you make pvp shop as aether, so u can buy any hero for honor, except latest ones, during pvp event at least?
  • williamwilliam Member
    @Skip_Holmes who is GT
  • Is there a glitch?? My all Rouge team is not regestering at all
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    This is indeed a bug, Honorbound and Assassins are indeed families. I'm having this looked at, but we won't be able to change the quests for this event. Fortunately, I can confirm that the quest does work for other families.
  • @william GT is the acronym for Goretusk. (It’s a Forum thing.)
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • ladybamladybam Member
    @Joel will there be gem trophy boosts in the shop at all during this event?
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 27
    ladybam wrote: »
    @Joel will there be gem trophy boosts in the shop at all during this event?

Agreed, it’s pretty **** for free to plays.

It’s also ridiculous that you can only buy the boosts if you also pay extra for hopper and lily tokens that you don’t need. Not sure why so many people pay them off on this kind of thing, especially for an absolute trash reward that will go on some bench hero and never get used.
  • Is there a glitch?? My all Rouge team is not regestering at all

Rogues are not a family. Warriors are not a family. Tanks are not a family.

Undead, Beasts, Monsters, Dwarves, Goblins, Honorbound, Assassins... these are families.
  • Why is it every Tourney there are glitches with families and classes?
    Caster, Flying, Healer, Legendary, Magical, Rogue, Tank, and Warrior are all supposed to be classes, yet a guild member just used Torchy, Agnon, Solaris, and Ferno for the class quest and it did not register?
  • li30li30 Member
    NekoAtsume wrote: »
    Caster, Flying, Healer, Legendary, Magical, Rogue, Tank, and Warrior are all supposed to be classes,

Not true, classes are caster, warrior, tank, healer and/or rogue, others on the list neither class nor family.
  • li30 wrote: »
    Caster, Flying, Healer, Legendary, Magical, Rogue, Tank, and Warrior are all supposed to be classes,

Not true, classes are caster, warrior, tank, healer and/or rogue, others on the list neither class nor family.

Exactly.

Torchy Agnon Solaris Ferno have the classes Rogue, Warrior, Healer and Caster. Couldn't be less of the same class than that.

Flying and Magical are not even in the hero's titles. They are passive abilities.

Fast and Slow are in the titles; we can call them speeds.

Take Lord Zomm. Slow Caster Legendary Undead. Speed, Class, Quality, Family.

Some heroes have more than one class or family, some have only one class (e.g. Yasmin and Emily).

Hansuke: Honorbound Undead Warrior. Family, Family, Class.

Abigail: Fast Barbarian Rogue. Speed, Family, Class.

Pignius: Demon, Beast, Tank. Family, Family, Class.

Augustus: Healer, Warrior. Class, Class.

Phemus: Monster, Ogre, Warrior. Family, Family, Class.

There are a few partial families such as Plant, Dragon and Spirit. You can't complete family quests with these until the round out to at least 4 heroes.

• http://dungeonboss.wikia.com/wiki/Classes_Charts#Classes

Then someone needs to update the Wiki.
  • And, it would sure be useful if this information were CLEARLY available somewhere in the game.
  • It’s only until someone makes note of it.

We’ll keep this in mind.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • NekoAtsume wrote: »
    http://dungeonboss.wikia.com/wiki/Classes_Charts#Classes

Then someone needs to update the Wiki.

Agreed, sadly the Wiki is misleading. I've never bothered to look at it before.
    And, it would sure be useful if this information were CLEARLY available somewhere in the game.

Agreed. You'll get a lot more useful information, and up to date information, on this Forum.

The in-game announcements and information leave a lot to be desired.
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited July 30

[*] The event will end at 11pm CST Sunday night, so guilds have the time to shuffle their members around for the new week.

Looks like this part is not right. Especially given we got a set of day 4 quests. Usually when the last day ends early the quests for the last day start with the quests for the day before. The timer says the event doesn't end till tomorrow at 3PM CST.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with