The fellowship of the Dwarfs - New pvp choices

Hello fellow players.

Trying to build around dwarfs. There are some interesting choices here.
I ended up with this one:
- Rogarcentric team
This team plays around Rogar who buffs his attack with every fire/dwarf member.
High King Valkin is a must in every dwarf team.
Furnace is a good adition to the team since he buffs every fire member making Rogar last the 1st turn.
Last choice is Hagrim making him our second killer since the fast trait is too good. The best subtitute( if you dont have 6star Hagrim) is Dagrund Blacksmoke since he has epic and the 40% health is a huge boost and lifesteal works pretty sweet.

On to the rune choices:
Rogar: Full attack runes with dmg penetration. The new Light rune with 20% chance to purge a buff works pretty good here.

Hagrim: Our second hitter. Right now i 'm trying to use him with 3 energy runes ( 2 greens - 1 dark ) and with the blue tank rune. The reason is to play him as anti-agnon hero and use his Ability Dwarven Fury. I will inform you if this succeeds. As for the Light rune today Dungeon boss send me a 2nd Light hero rune with a chance to purge a buff. I ll try him with this one.

High King Valkin: Try to keep him alive and buff his crit chance to 50% in order to have a high chance to freeze. Right now playing him as a defensive hero buffing team and stun the enemy team. Try a Red tactics rune on Him while all the other runes have defence,health and pvp dmg reduction.

Furnace: Cap his crit chance (50%). You can play him full attack or full defence. I prefer full attack while i runed electric skin on Light spot.

Tell me in the comments which dwarf combo do you use on this event.
Did you find some good combos on pvp? Does Therand with his splash dmg plays better than Rogar?
Have fun!

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    Wouldn't you be better off with Roger's dad? He's the one that gets dwarves +1 energy per crit, allowing Valkin to sweep the board with artillery fire (artillery frost?) every turn.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited August 3
    Therand is kicking @ss right now, you should play around with him. FA 6* and some good runes and he'll go to town. B)
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Therand is kicking @ss right now, you should play around with him. FA 6* and some good runes and he'll go to town. B)

If you want a full dwarf team would you use Valkin Rogar Dhaegon and Therand? I was thinking the stonecrusher combo would be good but Therand and Hagrim have good multipliers.
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Do you have a team comp with Therand as the only dwarf? So far in my attempts he dies too quickly to be effective.
  • My raid team is Valkin Therand Emily Dagrund. (Change the order when necessary) Emily basically means if valkin or therand die, and she's still alive, instant win. Having that haste on any of them is basically game over for the opponent. I'm currently collecting evo's and leveling Hagrim so I'll update this post when I decide how well he works with the team.

My rune loadout is:
    Valkin-Have 2 blue defense, preferable the 2 blue duelist runes with max health regeneration. For red runes you should have an energy rune or incineration rune. For Purple have any double attack rune. Yellow should be a guardian rune.

Therand - 1 Blue Skill, 1 Blue Duelist rune with double defense, attack and 4th stat damage pent in pvp, 1 Red Warrior rune, 1 Yellow Light purging rune, 1 Purple Hero rune with damage pent for 4th stat.

Dagrund- 2 Purple double Defense/Health, 1 Blue Hero Rune with Max Health Regen, 1 Red Skill(very important!*) 1 Green Hero Rune with Double Defense and 10% damage reduction in PvP.

Emily- Just rune her defensively, have a guardian or survivor rune is you can.
  • li30li30 Member
    edited August 9
    Do you have a team comp with Therand as the only dwarf? So far in my attempts he dies too quickly to be effective.

I got one, kai gt therand sol, but only dare to use it against low rp teams :#

Edit : add one win SS
    Post edited by li30 on
  • ExaltedExalted Member
    Thank you everyone for the comments.

For now i 'm testing Therand oriented team.
    The most good combo i found effective is Kai / Therand / Valkin / Dagrund.
    Although some runes are essential like Tank rune on Dagrund in order to get aegis shield on Therand.
    I Got Therand Survivor/Guardian/+10% heal per round/ Caster Dark rune stealing buffs and a hero Red Rune.
    Valkin is full defence while his crit is up to 50%
    Kai is runed with defence runes while disease touch and purgin buffs are upon him.

Do you think i shall put Dagrund 3 energy runes to have the 3rd skill active?
    Anyone test it?
    Tell me your thoughts.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited August 8
    Haste is of course amazing, but Dag's Energy Rune gives +3 energy - I usually slap it on Valkin so that I can use To War two turns running. I don't think energy runes are as incredible on Dag as they are on Sifu or Emily.

Maybe replace Kai with Goretusk? That way you're not relying on a debuff for damage reduction. It also means you have a shot at freezing someone before your Val can.
  • li30li30 Member
    edited August 9
    Same thought of @Stinky, 3 energy on dag kinda too waste, plus from ur description dag role is to sacrifice for team shields seemingly.

Imo valk has dmg potential, happened to me couple times that skill 2 then skill 1 aoe 1shot the whole defense, maybe can consider try him more balanced stats between attack and defense.
  • therand fidlestorm(that with bombs) almost 1 shoted my zomm(80-85% hp) with epic atck, zomm have 20k hp 7k def(
  • ExaltedExalted Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Haste is of course amazing, but Dag's Energy Rune gives +3 energy - I usually slap it on Valkin so that I can use To War two turns running. I don't think energy runes are as incredible on Dag as they are on Sifu or Emily.

Maybe replace Kai with Goretusk? That way you're not relying on a debuff for damage reduction. It also means you have a shot at freezing someone before your Val can.

True but i kept Kai cause of the 15% penetration giving to water allies. That does wonders with Therand.
  • ExaltedExalted Member
    The team doing great. I got high defence success and in offence i m not complaining. I got 12-1, 24-1 streaks and right now im 6-2 ( i lost to 2x80s guys with elites ). Soon i ll upload a video.
  • I just had a defensive lost where it was an endless loop of attacks between lord zomm and his zominions and my dangrund and valkin. I watched it but at some point i just had to stop because the fight lasted atleast 20 minutes. Valkin and the Opposing Zomm both had dealt 1million+ damage. It would have been a win too if it wasnt for the terrible targetting.
  • I'll actually try putting runes on Kai, he looks like he'll be useful on my team.
  • I like the 'dwarf meta.' The dwarves are strong but not dominant. Right now PvP is more diverse than at many other recent segments.
  • Therand jus does damage something the meta is already agnon full of. Felhorn and valkin are the only dwarfs providing a diff window of PvP. Now 1shotting tusk or emily off the rip is a valid option to so many players that it had previously not been an option to. Dwarves were nice update. Ty