Currently Investigating Various Issues in Update [Update 2]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited August 15 in Announcements
Hey everyone.

We are currently investigating the various issues that have arisen from yesterday's update. Some of these issues are consistent for all players, while others are only impacting a subset of players. We will keep you updated as our investigation progresses.

Known issues:
  • Network errors preventing logging in [some players]*
  • Game freezes in chat and when viewing certain leaderboards when attempting to view another player's profile [all players]**
  • Stars not appearing correctly on portal drop lists [all players, visual error only]**
  • Status icon art not appearing consistently [all players]***
  • Hero sorting by level when selecting PVP team not working [all players]***
  • Some players crash when entering shops.****

*Update 1:
It is possible that switching your internet connection may solve the network connection issue. An example is where a device on Wifi cannot connect: switch to cellular data, or to a hotspot, or maybe even to another wifi network (not sure on that one), and you could be able to connect. Then you might ALSO be able to switch back to the original connection that was not working and have it work again too. More than one confirmed account of this working, but your results may vary. We would be grateful to know if that worked for anyone else though! Obviously, it's not so simple on an emulator on PC, but we are working diligently and sharing what we know here as we know it. We're still tracking down the reason for that problem in the first place.
**Fixed as of 8/10. Patch notes here.
***These have been fixed as of 8/13. Patch notes here.
****We've been investigating the shop crashes that some players are encountering and have determined that they are being caused by an update made to the code we use to handle purchases, and that does not cooperate with code in iOS 9 and earlier version of iOS. Updating to iOS 10 or anything newer will fix the issue. To update, simply go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.

We understand that there may be a small proportion of players whose devices may not support iOS10 and are working to have the game work with iOS9 again, but due to the nature of the relevant code, we will not be able to implement the change until our next major update. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue, it was not our intent to put the game in a state that does not support iOS9. We have not seen this issue arise on any versions of Android OS.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian, but sherlock holmes investigate, programmer explain because a game with "purchase in app" dont work, many player invest time and money in a game that stop to work for plus than 12 hours, this is inaccetable. Don't investigate so much, tell us: sorry people we have a bug, we try to solve it, we compensate the fault. Good work, have a nice day.
  • in russia we say something like f&@!#%d up, but well s&@t happens, and we understand that on such big project it is impossible to check all, go on, further updates needed.
  • It’s a real shame that after all this time your updates still tend to do more harm to the game than good. I wish I hadn’t of downloaded this latest one.
  • TrishGTrishG Member
    For me, the game crashes every time I tap on any store, I haven't been able to complete yesterday's and today's daily mission, this is the main problem because sometimes freezes with another thing, hope get fixed this asap
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Our initial investigation suggests that the shop crashes are happening due to devices running out of RAM. We are continuing to investigate, but in the meantime, we recommend that you clear up some memory (if possible) and close out any other unnecessary apps running in the background.
  • @Joel: I have a lot of memory left on my device (although it's a bit old) and when I play, I don't run other apps at the same time... Still, it's the second day the stores are not available to me. I'll miss my daily quests for the 2nd time in a row... This hasn't happened to me in more than a year...
  • TrishGTrishG Member
    Joel wrote: Β»
    Our initial investigation suggests that the shop crashes are happening due to devices running out of RAM. We are continuing to investigate, but in the meantime, we recommend that you clear up some memory (if possible) and close out any other unnecessary apps running in the background.

I already did that, several times and didn't work at all, actually I even deleted other games and apps to check but didn't work either, is the first time I experienced something like this in all the time I been playing the game
  • BryanBryan Member
    I came back from Vacation to discover this issue. While on vacation, I was not on Wifi, thus my application did not auto-update. As soon as I returned home, plugged in my phone for the night and woke up in the morning - BAM. The only thing I am experiencing so far is the inability to exit out of a window/shop/chat about 80% of the time. Very strange.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • Third day since the update and I'm still unable to acces any of the stores... Some times, the game crashes after only a few seconds and when I can play, I can't access the stores and complete my daily quests... Pain in the... :(
  • Ok programmer, game now work but, for plus than 24 hours was bugged and not log in, i and many othet player suffer for this, lost special offers, lost guild requirement, lost daily and no one mail for compensation? Crazy choice, a plus that 24 h. Bugs, need compensation, please solve this. And sorry for my bad english......
  • Just woke up to an auto install of the new update of DB. I tap my icon to start the game and get an "unfortunately Dungeon Boss has stopped" message. Are you sure you can't role this back? How the heck do I fix this?
  • HakonaHakona Member
    @Joel

Seems dwarfs can’t be healed if Dagruned is wounded!!

Check the video

https://imgur.com/gallery/IHsJN73

Hey everyone,

We've been investigating the shop crashes that some players are encountering and have determined that they are being caused by an update made to the code we use to handle purchases, and that does not cooperate with code in iOS 9 and earlier version of iOS. Updating to iOS 10 or anything newer will fix the issue. To update, simply go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.

We understand that there may be a small proportion of players whose devices may not support iOS10 and are working to have the game work with iOS9 again, but due to the nature of the relevant code, we will not be able to implement the change until our next major update. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue, it was not our intent to put the game in a state that does not support iOS9. We have not seen this issue arise on any versions of Android OS.
  • Has DB found out yet what was causing the "network issue" with this last update???
  • HakonaHakona Member
    Another bug with Kai , his first ability is ranged but he got burned !

@joel

Hey @Zalivoin. I've moved our conversation to a new thread since it's not related to the update itself and is getting lengthy.
    https://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/59722/various-bugs