Introducing Samurai Takumi's Epic: The Kori Katana

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
t03graknnxpv.png

Samurai Takumi has put the final touches on a new blade that he's infused with ice magic, and he's ready to say a bunch of really bad 'cold' and 'chill' puns as he uses it on his enemies! Ok, maybe he's not going to be saying puns and he'll just be freezing his enemies.

The Kori Katana increases Samurai Takumi's attack, defense, and skill. It also gives him a chance to purges all buffs on an enemy and then do a shield-piercing melee physical attack for 2x damage, plus the attack will have a chance to freeze!

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

  • Hooray
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • Awesome btw please do reptiles epics
  • He still sucks to me.
    I really hope the new hero is gonna feature a rework for Ponti, or the Goblins.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Deathriftx wrote: »
    He still sucks to me.
    I really hope the new hero is gonna feature a rework for Ponti, or the Goblins.
    I'd be interested if the maxed epic lost the purge and pierce, but had a 100% chance to trigger. Basically, a single target freeze every turn - but unlike Frost Katana, it couldn't be prevented by silence. I'm guessing it's the usual 30% chance to trigger, though, which to me is a 70% chance to do nothing.
  • All Epics have a max chance of 30%.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited August 11
    Right. I'm saying that instead of a 30% chance for Takumi's epic to purge, pierce, freeze and maybe even the bonus damage, I would find it more useful if Takumi's epic had a 100% chance to do an attack that freezes, but loses the purge/pierce to make up for that. The purge and pierce could be shifted to Frost Katana instead. As it is, I don't see myself levelling and ascending Takumi any time soon. But hey, your mileage may vary!

    I suppose it would be easier to code if he got an epic passive that made his basic and epic attacks freeze the target.
  • li30li30 Member
    I'm more keen to the stat boost, gonna try him pair with hansuke or sifu, might be fun
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'm actually really liking the new Takumi. He's built very interestingly. He has naturally low Attack, but very good Health and Defense. However, due to his passive and Epic stats, you can actually get his Attack to be very high as well - meaning he essentially becomes a jack of all trades - except he's actually good at everything.

    His abilities are probably his biggest downside, I'd say. Lack of reliable purging and Frostbite skills are a downside. But I'm also okay with this, because a hero shouldn't be good at every single thing (cough, Shade, cough). He's very well balanced, and synergizes nicely with both Honorbound and Water heroes. This is definitely one of the better reworked heroes and one of the better Epics.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Cool maybe he will actually survive a few rounds now when I bring him to turn hansuke into a murder machine
  • watermelonewatermelone Member
    edited August 11
    I hope he's not going to use his puns
  • Adverb007Adverb007 Member
    edited August 12
    kori means ice in japanese, so it kinda just means ice sword... It sounds so elegant when you don't think about it and just spam re running that ice boss mode dungeon mindlessly 15 kajillion times until you finally get it, and realize that my life is a wreck... :'(


    I'm just kidding I haven't even tried getting his epic yet, I'm still trying to get bramble's which is taking FOREVER!
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • Adverb007Adverb007 Member
    edited August 12
    li30 wrote: »
    I'm more keen to the stat boost, gonna try him pair with hansuke or sifu, might be fun

    And yes with the sifu idea, warriors chi is legitimately overpowered with any team with warriors and/or assassins on it!
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • foo0yw11i6ii.jpeg

    Hey Joel this has been happening lately with the buffed and debuffs were it shows a question mark
  • @Joel I haven't seen the weapon in boss island. Any tricks to getting it to display?
  • morilli wrote: »
    @Joel I haven't seen the weapon in boss island. Any tricks to getting it to display?

    Are you high enough level to get the part?
  • hatredhatred Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Deathriftx wrote: »
    He still sucks to me.
    I really hope the new hero is gonna feature a rework for Ponti, or the Goblins.
    I'd be interested if the maxed epic lost the purge and pierce, but had a 100% chance to trigger. Basically, a single target freeze every turn - but unlike Frost Katana, it couldn't be prevented by silence. I'm guessing it's the usual 30% chance to trigger, though, which to me is a 70% chance to do nothing.
    I wish all epics had a 100% to trigger (and were balanced accordingly). It can be very swingy whether an epic procs or not.
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com