Hero Spotlight: Iris

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited August 23 in Hero Spotlights
hia9mn1lojva.png

(NOTE: Iris is being sent to VIP10 players now. She will be available to all players this afternoon when the Hero Calendar is activated!)

Background:
Iris is young, curious monster who just wants to learn about the world around her... and learn what happens to the world around her when she fires laser beams at it. She likes laser beams. They're fun. She's very smart and getting smarter every day, please let her fire her laser beams at you so she can learn more?

Most Hated Hero: She's too busy learning to hate anyone. Ok, maybe she hates heroes who get in the way of her learning. So heroes who are immune to debuffs. WHY WON'T THEY LET HER LEARN?!

Element: Dark: +30% bonus against LIGHT enemies

Tags: Monster Caster

Traits:
  • MYSTICAL: Deals bonus damage to tanks and slow enemies.
  • FLYING: Takes less damage from melee attacks.
  • WATCH AND LEARN: Applies an Observation Debuff to enemies hit. Observation copies any Buffs applied to that enemy and applies them to Iris as well. Iris is immune to Observation.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • OPTIC BLAST: Basic ranged spirit attack.
  • EYES OF THE BEHOLDER: Buffs allies attack, then does a ranged dark attack on a target.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Water Evo Larva: 15
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 40
  • Nature Evo: 20
  • Shadow Evo: 4

NEW Trait!
  • MYSTICAL II: Replaces Mystical. Deals increased bonus damage to tanks and slow enemies.
  • WINDOWS TO THE SOUL: All attacks have shield-piercing and will heal 25% of damage dealt (% healing increased with Skill).

NEW Ability!
  • EYES OF THE BEHOLDER II: Replaces Eyes of the Beholder. Buffs allies attack, then does a ranged dark attack on a target, plus 2 other enemies with the most Buffs on them.
  • DESTRUCTIVE DECONSTRUCTION: Ranged dark attack on a single target that deals bonus damage for each Buff on Iris and each Buff on the target.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo: 45
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 30
  • Caveborn Evo: 8
  • Crypt Evo: 2

NEW Trait!
  • MYSTICAL III: Replaces Mystical II. Deals further increased damage to tanks and slow enemies.
  • FLYING II: Replaces Flying. Takes even less damage from melee attacks.
  • WINDOWS TO THE SOUL II: Replaces Windows to the Soul. All attacks have shield-piercing and will heal 50% of damage dealt (% healing increased with Skill).
  • UNNATURAL FEAR: Immune to Fear and chance to Fear beasts on attack.
  • INTELLECT: Gains stacks for each Buff applied to this Hero, +5% Skill per stack. When at 5 stacks, Intellect is removed and Monster and Caster allies gain the HIVE MIND buff (+25% damage penetration, +25% damage reduction, and +25% Skill).

NEW Ability!
  • EYES OF THE BEHOLDER III: Replaces Eyes of the Beholder II. Buffs allies attack, then does a ranged dark attack on all enemies.
  • ANNIHILATION BEAM: Purges all Buffs and Debuffs on target enemy, then makes a ranged spirit attack on the target that sets the enemy's health to a lower % of it's current health. The percentage of health that the enemy is set to scales with the ability's level. NOTE: This attack does not 'damage' the target in the traditional sense, and does not result in the Observation buff being applied as a result.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Awesome hero, glad to see that it buffs monsters and casters.

Was really hoping it would be fire or have the demon tag too but not going to complain this looks like an amazing game changer (if the stats dont suck)
    Favorite hero: Lupina
    Just a player looking to interact with the community in a peaceful manner
  • Looks pretty cool, can’t wait for the event to start ! Hopefully we’ve got a jacked event shop from the get go
    Level - 79
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • Yes please.
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • edited August 23
    Is Hive Mind a permanent buff, or does it expire? Also, will Hive Mind Improve with higher Skill, or just remain the same?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Just realized that because of agnon Dark skies will let her deal 2x to most enemies as well as shade’s haunted which will make it 4x, combined with shrouded and that she can collect buffs from every hero with her first attack to make her stronger or bulkier.

This sounds overpowered... but not if she is made a priority in attacks, hopefully she isn’t that simple to use... right?
  • Also does anyone have a list of things that are ignored by shield piercing attacks? Would be good to know thanks
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Is Hive Mind a permanent buff, or does it expire? Also, will Hive Mind Improve with higher Skill, or just remain the same?

Permanent buff.
  • Joel wrote: »

Permanent buff.

Neat! Eye like that!

Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited August 23
    @joel I noticed your patch notes that it says all attacks have shield piercing. So is that truly all attacks? Or just basic attacks?

Will it copy the passives and their abilities? Such as rage, momentum, bushido, turn a blind eye and Dark Shroud? What about things like fast, slow, Tank hunter, and such? Do the copied buffs stack?

Will it purge the passives as well as the buffs and debuffs from active abilities?

Why a dark attack from a light hero? Are all the attacks spirit based or just one?
  • @morilli no no no I think your a victim of confusion. Watch and learn copies all buffs, not traits and abilities. And she’s a dark hero, not a light one.
    Level - 79
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • morilli wrote: »
    @joel I noticed your patch notes that it says all attacks have shield piercing. So is that truly all attacks? Or just basic attacks?

Will it copy the passives and their abilities? Such as rage, momentum, bushido, turn a blind eye and Dark Shroud? What about things like fast, slow, Tank hunter, and such? Do the copied buffs stack?

Will it purge the passives as well as the buffs and debuffs from active abilities?

Why a dark attack from a light hero? Are all the attacks spirit based or just one?

1. That would mean all attacks.
    2. It didn’t say anywhere that passives were shared as well, so I don’t know where you got that idea. As for rage and things like that, there is a list of buffs that can’t be stolen.
    3. I don’t think Iris would take buffs that she already has.
    4. This isn’t like Shade’s link, they are merely just copied. Nothing is removed.
    5. What light hero?

Alright @Joel, feel free to correct me!
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • Look like perfect counter to barbarian team?
  • This should be interesting...
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited August 23
    morilli wrote: »

Iris is Dark. Typo on my part, there's always one. :tongue:

All of Iris' attacks have shield piercing.

Generally speaking, Buffs are any helpful status applied to a hero that results in an icon being added above their health bar (not counting stacking buffs like rage/growth/momentum, which can't be stolen/copied in general). Fast/slow/tank hunter/etc are passive abilities, not Buffs. Passives cannot be purged or removed. Copied buffs have the potential to stack.
  • danacdanac Member
    reminds me of the evil eyes from Etherlords.

the hero is a lot cuter than the artwork tho.

• morillimorilli Member
    edited August 23
    Sorry. I misread that she was a light hero. Dark hero makes more sense based off of her abilities and based off of classic D&D lore.

@SeasideStorm
    1. I wanted to be sure all her skills pierce shields. I wanted it explicitly stated so that there was no doubt.
    2. This monster doesn't steal anything. She copies. So technically those non-stealable skills won't be stolen. I want to know if she can copy things like Rage and what effects it will have on her.
    3. Malice will steal the same things over and over again even if he already has those "buffs". They just reapply. They don't stack though. Also he steals things like Firehunter and Fire resist. I was wondering if Iris will have the same effect only copying instead of stealing.
    4. Hadn't thought of Shade's link skill.

• Idk I was skeptical but this hero looks creative to me...malice 3.0
  • i know without using her she's gonna be good. that beam has got to be killer
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited August 23
    Hi @DankWolf. Have a look here:
    shield piercing
  • I just tried Iris’s third ability ‘Annihilation Beam’, on the epic bosses such as Kang Kung and the Lich, and, it works on them. I just throught that I should mention that pretty much anybody who plays during this event will obtain iris, which will make it really easy for them to defeat epic bosses.
  • We just finished up Iris' hero page over at the wiki! my eyes tho
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • DeadchaosVDeadchaosV Member
    edited August 24
    k45co7t0fg84.png
    Mangle jaw first ability fire is bugged with 0 damage. Wtf. Or is for the high level?
    Post edited by DeadchaosV on
  • Speaking of, does shock immune also negate lightning damage? It seems it should only stop the debuff shock or that it should specify otherwise. I hit a dwarf team with Agnon's lightning storm and both stonecrushers took 0 damage. The only thing that should have done that was Valkin's immunity to shock but that would apply to everyone.
  • Does Annhilation Beam work on Furnace?!
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited August 24
    @Joel I checked on Malice and he does steal passives like Fire Hunter. But only on NPCs! It doesn't appear to work on heroes the same way. NPCs seem to have different sort of passives cause the icons don't match what I can find on the heroes. I haven't inventoried all the passives so I could be wrong.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    morilli wrote: »
    @Joel I checked on Malice and he does steal passives like Fire Hunter. But only on NPCs! It doesn't appear to work on heroes the same way. NPCs seem to have different sort of passives cause the icons don't match what I can find on the heroes. I haven't inventoried all the passives so I could be wrong.

Malice doesn't necessarily "steal" buffs, her first ability grants her a set of buffs based on the element of the enemy she hit. She always gains a "(element) Hunter" passive, a "(element effect) Touch" passive, and a "(element effect) Resist" passive.
  • Malice is capable of stealing, and purging buffs.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Does Annhilation Beam work on Furnace?!

I used annihilation beam on a boss in boss mode that has a similar passive to furnaces and it worked, dropping his health way passed the threshold so I would assume yes it should work on furnace as intended