[UPDATED] Known Issue: Unbreakable Heart Runes

DB_StanleyDB_Stanley Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited August 2018 in Announcements
Update: All runes, upgrade materials and compensation have been sent in BossMail to players who lost runes earned from the Portal Event.
Additionally, and stated elsewhere: all upgrade materials and gems have been returned to players who purchased an Unbreakable Heart rune from the shop late last week.

We are aware that runes were deleted that were not intended to be - namely, the Unbreakable Heart rune from the portal event.
The gems for the runes in the shop yesterday (ATK/ATK/DEF Unbreakable Heart) were compensated for, and you should have a BossMail already with the gems spent (+ additional) on those offers - the gold and evo essence will be granted in a separate BossMail.

We are working on a solution to grant players the Unbreakable Heart runes from the portal event that were lost as well (with the gold and essence) - Expect that on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest.

It is unfortunate, and we sincerely apologize and thank you for your patience.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks!
    Contact me on Line chat ID: ninjanurse00
  • Lol I spent 5k gems on that lame portal rune I either want gems or another rune...or I'll cry
  • Thank you for your attention to this, DB_Stanley, I was beginning to become concerned. Very glad you are on it.

(I see we keep the same hours...)
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited August 2018
    I lost my rune but don't see any boss mail with compensation

Never mind I see that's only for people who spent gems on a rune, I didn't even realize it was in the shop. I was just talking about the portal rune.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Removing the runes and leaving my pvp defence with 2 empty slots and my gems back..? Thanks for the "compensation"!
  • crustysnailcrustysnail Member
    edited August 2018
    Was there compensation. Looked like only received the items spent and used back. Compensation needs to follow please. Plus return original portal rune also... albeit make both elite as compensation if you could. Thanks.
  • May I suggest that you release a free rune unequip as part of the compensation for this monumental f**k up?
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • DB made a mistake by offering the UH runes in the event shop. Not really a big deal.

But, in an attempt to fix the mistake, they went into our rune inventories stole runes we had rightfully purchased with gems/$. This “fix” was a HUGE disaster.

Not only does it feel like a violation of trust, but how are we to know you won’t do the same thing with other runes.

I know you are testing a nerf of the Caster rune. No doubt mistakes will be made, runes will disappear and compensation will be sent.

My 2 cents: STAY OUT OF OUR RUNE INVENTORIES!

If you offer runes that are “too powerful,” own your mistake and move on.

This situation is really pathetic.

I agree, the real frustration is the inconsistency, when they screwed up the other month and sent hundreds-thousands of rewards in the mail for a "water v nature" event they let people keep hundreds of legendary runes and 10s of thousands of aether and 999 of certain rare materials... Which is an even bigger imbalance than a rune with its primary stat incorrect imo.

Even still I've seen screenshots from older players with double attack yellow and blue runes from past events, how came they get to keep theirs?
  • **** - I had 9 defenses in a row, for the 10th Emily was a rune down and I got beat. Will I ever get this **** achievement?
    The Potato Army
  • HairyPie wrote: »
    **** - I had 9 defenses in a row, for the 10th Emily was a rune down and I got beat. Will I ever get this **** achievement?
    They weren't really bad words. Honest!

The Potato Army
  • ZalivoinZalivoin Member
    edited August 2018
    @DB_Stanley What was the issue with this rune? I received this rune as a part of event reward (was it a Portal event?). Now, it's been removed without any compensation.
  • so, I had this rune lying around I hadn't used yet- an UH rune. And I got this 1* squishy squid with a quest to use them 40 times in PVP.
    seemed like a perfect match.....

• foes anyone know how many UH runes they'd re;eased?

I coulda sworn I had 2, maybe 3, but I can't be sure.

• What I want to know is how something like the 2x atk UH rune gets put in the game, overlooked and then the event starts with it for sale and THEN it's noticed...are things tested and observed or are there people on the team that don't think first? lol seriously. Put the UH rube back in the shop though I need it to keep up with the meta. Double atk or double def I don't care. These new 4th stats make the game interesting but not if you're going to screw with everything. Next timr just leave an op rune there and build the next update/rework/new hero around that like everything else has worked so far.
  • Guys they don't test anything. They can't even sum up the gems cost for two runes! 7.5k + 4.5k = 11k.... Oh dang it it's 12k. OK we'll send out another 1k. Oh dang it we forgot about the additional material costs for upgrading the runes. OK we'll send out another compensation. Oh dang it, we deleted all UH runes, even the one from last event. OK, we'll send out another compensation. Oh dang it it's already weekend. OK we'll do it next week... That's how they manage a disaster! Come on guys finally hire some professional programmers. We're still waiting for hero sorting and for the buff/debuff symbols getting fixed!
  • hudson1520hudson1520 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don’t get the big deal .. they made a mistake and they are trying to fix it. Very critical group here.. if y’all hate the game as much as it sounds, then don’t play it !
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • HazZard1986HazZard1986 Member
    edited August 2018
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    I don’t get the big deal .. they made a mistake and they are trying to fix it. Very critical group here.. if y’all hate the game as much as it sounds, then don’t play it !
    You're kidding right? They made 3 mistakes for one issue. Some of my teammates spent several hundred dollars last event to get the elite version of the UH rune and now it's gone! They made a mistake every event / hero release. Last event they put Deadeye accidentally in the portal and so on. Btw the shop rune is a mistake as well. The description is completely wrong compared to the real rune after purchasing it.
  • This is an ongoing problem of constant mistakes. We have put a lot of money into our accounts and runes. If you don’t spend money, then quit complaining about us
    Contact me on Line chat ID: ninjanurse00
  • @Monkeynuts I think they just wanted to make us a surprise
  • o6oc7k15llzn.jpeg
  • Alecat97 wrote: »
    @Monkeynuts I think they just wanted to make us a surprise

I think about the only thing that would surprise me at this point is if they had a bug-and-screwup-free event, Breadcat.
  • ZalivoinZalivoin Member
    edited August 2018
    @DB_Stanley I could be wrong ( I can't recall the actual event when I received this rune), but I believe Unbreakable Heart rune was a reward during the most recent Portal event. I used my gems to be in top-100 to get this rune. The rune has been removed from my account, but I did not receive any emails or gems. Please resolve that.
  • Zalivoin wrote: »
    @DB_Stanley I could be wrong ( I can't recall the actual event when I received this rune), but I believe Unbreakable Heart rune was a reward during the most recent Portal event. I used my gems to be in top-100 to get this rune. The rune has been removed from my account, but I did not receive any emails or gems. Please resolve that.

He literally addressed that in the post you’re replying to...
  • @HazZard1986 you say it like they'll never get the rune back - it will come back on monday or tuesday. I get it is a little silly but they made a screwup, if it pis*es you off so much then don't play the game..
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited August 2018
    hudson1520 wrote: »

From what I can see, its the number, frequency and seeming obvious negligence that folks think caused these errors over the last several weeks, and many spent several $$$ only to have the product removed or changed from what they bought. These seem to many people like rookie mistakes that a typical game would not allow to happen.

If you ask me, these are all rookie mistakes. DB is either not providing enough staff resources or stretching the ones they have way too thin.

I'm willing to bet that the devs and Joel are split among several games and are only given a little time to work on DB. It "feels" like this game has been relegated to the "back burner" to just sit and make as much money as they can.

For all I know, someone in the parent company has their marketing model of the stages of development for each game and they've just moved on past DB - at least that's what it feels like from here.

I feel for the DB team - they're victims here too. Problem lies where the buck stoes at the top.

But what do I know? I'm just a poor struggling gamer (with a little relevant experience.)
  • You guys suck. Ticket drops are pathetic. Your incompetence is pathetic. Just admit you guys don’t give a ****. Honestly can’t word the ticket shop rune right? I’m not buying a gold key or nothing this is bull*hit you lowered the ticket drops and have totally ruined your recycled garbage hero release. Mistake after mistake then changing the ticket drops and feeding us the same recycled events over and over. Just come out and admit you don’t give a **** about this game anymore.