CLARIFICATION!! PLEASE!

I am kinda new to this game and I have researched about this game called rune. Since it is very confusing for me. I also can’t find exactly what I am looking for. @Joel @DB_Dillon @DB_Stanley—— The reason I tagged you is because you own this forum and I’m suggesting you to please make a specific simple forum for new players or someone who is looking for exact information they want. This is an awful unorganized forum. Please make it more organized and clear. Easy to find as well. Like pinpoint features for the most important information. Thank you, now regarding to my questions I was looking for...

Please explain how it exactly works in simple English and clear:

Damage reduction
Damage penetration
Skill

What exactly does their role do? How does it stack. How does it affect with runes? How does it affect with ability?

Because I do not fully understand how it functions. Thank you in advance for helping me out.

P.S. if there is forum for that with very clear answer. No confusion. Please show me so I can read. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• @MonkeyHunter I have looked into this one too. Not exactly what I was looking for. Not many matched to my needed questions. Also, I have searched for rune which has 100 pages contain. Like I said very terrible organization system. Beside, the website you referred me to is very outdated and old advices which some no longer useful for ‘modern system’ functionality.

I am specifically looking for an answer about runes. I want a clear explanation how it does function since the devs are the one who created how runes function and I would like to hear their explanations about it. I want to understand fully, not partially. Since devs made it so they should explain about them and their role and how it exactly works then everyone can understand. In the game, it is not very enough details about it and I am no genius on figuring out with the percentage and numbers and all... yes I’m very frustrated because there are no exact answers I am looking for.

Again, allow me to emphasize, devs should make a post about this specifically where everyone can find and looking for answers about it. So THEN I can rune better and know what exactly how it does work for. Thank you.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited September 2018
    Part of the issue is that DB has never explicitly defined how DP, DR and skill work let alone the damage formula. This has mostly been researched and tested by the user base.

Damage Penetration and Damage Reduction are combined additively, respectively. Then combined multiplicatively with runes’ 4th stat DR and DP.

Let’s say you have 20% DP and 10% DP as 4th stat. Then you would have total of
    1-(.8 x .9) = 28% DP.

If the opponent has 18% DR then this translates to
    28-18% = 10% DP or 1.1 modifier.

If instead opponent had 38% DR, then this translates to
    28-38% = 10% DR or .9 modifier.

Below is the damage formula.

[Total Damage] = [Base Damage]*[Attack Stat]/[Defense Stat]*[Product of All Modifiers]*[Rand(0.9,1.1)]

I have provided links to several posts that you may find useful. Bare in mind some of the posts may have dated information. Hope this helps.

Damage Formula: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/8672/dungeon-boss-damage-calculation-research-results/p1

Skill stat: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55855/mfg-psa-skill-stat

Rune upgrade costs: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/51939/runes-stats-and-upgrade-costs-updated-3-7-2017
  • I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking. One post seems to reference stats “dmg pen, dmg reduction, skill”. But then in other areas you are asking about runes. Can you clarify exactly what information you’re looking for? The systems in DB seem complicated at first, but in reality they are all fairly simple once you get around the horrible in-game interfaces and descriptions.
  • Part of the issue is that DB has never explicitly defined how DP, DR and skill work let alone the damage formula. This has mostly been researched and tested by the user base.

Damage Penetration and Damage Reduction are combined additively, respectively. Then combined multiplicatively with runes’ 4th stat DR and DP.

Let’s say you have 20% DP and 10% DP as 4th stat. Then you would have total of
    1-(.8 x .9) = 28% DP.

If the opponent has 18% DR then this translates to
    28-18% = 10% DP or 1.1 modifier.

If instead opponent had 38% DR, then this translates to
    28-38% = 10% DR or .9 modifier.

Below is the damage formula.

[Total Damage] = [Base Damage]*[Attack Stat]/[Defense Stat]*[Product of All Modifiers]*[Rand(0.9,1.1)]

I have provided links to several posts that you may find useful. Bare in mind some of the posts may have dated information. Hope this helps.

Damage Formula: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/8672/dungeon-boss-damage-calculation-research-results/p1

Skill stat: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55855/mfg-psa-skill-stat

Rune upgrade costs: http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/51939/runes-stats-and-upgrade-costs-updated-3-7-2017

Ugh they should explain about it. That would be nice and appropriate way to explain so everyone can understand.

I see, so basically to me, .9 and 1.1 is not a huge difference. That is weak. only 20%. So, raw defense is better than having any DR? Let’s say if I have 8k def and 16% DR. Will it make better defensive or it is better to have 10k def and no DR? Same concept to attack and DP. Thank you for the links. I have read them and it is not very helpful because it’s not depth information what I am looking for.
    I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking. One post seems to reference stats “dmg pen, dmg reduction, skill”. But then in other areas you are asking about runes. Can you clarify exactly what information you’re looking for? The systems in DB seem complicated at first, but in reality they are all fairly simple once you get around the horrible in-game interfaces and descriptions.

Yes both are related. It is about runes with these stats. Like is it worth to invest in a rune with DP and DR? Or it is better to invest in raw attack and defend? Is it even good to combine both together. Any beneficial?

For example, Solaris, if I want her to do well healing then high skill is required and I do not need to add critical chance to boost for burn because skill will take care of that. If I want Solaris to have good attack. Will skill boost damage or only attack runes. Skill only applies to heal and burn chance but attack will be low. I have seen some Solaris can damage as much as 4K and heal decent. Is that based from itself skill rune or both skill and attack runes? Then the defense and hp will be lacking.

As for Emily, I want her to heal well, skill rune is needed. If I want her to be decent attacker then attack rune is needed however her skill for healing will be lower because of lacking in skill.

Valkin, if I want him to freeze good. He will need to have skill but that means I will lose some attack and defense runes for him.

Sorry for the delaying. I wasn’t feeling well and been busy.