I am newbie here and need help with team setup

Hello,

As topic says, I am newbie here and need help with team setup... I was reading a Haneul post about best characters and it was really good and full of information about each character but... Then I saw that it was in 2016 and few characters are missing :disappointed:

So maybe you guys could educate me what is good at the moment and what should I farm as beginner? Right now I am level 12 and have Willow Swift, Rogar Stonecrusher, Yasmin Bloom, Archangel Emily, Stone Fist and Shadowblade (I assume that all these are starter characters).

Would be great if you would give like top10 characters and with explanation why you choose them or like top5 in each category (like tank, assassin, support and etc.). Also, would be really nice if you would give few team composition examples, because I don't understand how I lost raid with 2.5k power against 2.1k... He did some crazy stuff and at 2nd turn my 2 characters were dead :smiley:

Can't wait for your comments with answers and other kind of help.

Comments

• Hard to give you the right answer ... because most heroes i am using at endgame are hardly to farm and to upgrade ...
    In lower lvl you will have to use what you have avaiable ... and to run through dungeons can be used almost every team with synergies (goblin team or unearths... for example) and if you care about well-known things like elements and heroes weakness/abilities (casters against tanks ... dwarves against assassins ...)
    At endgame I loved tank/construct teams and dark teams to run through boss mode dungeons ... for pvp you can see a lot of teams ... assassins against barbs ... dwarves against assassins ... and so on ...
    So actually dwarves are nice ... fast heroes are nice (and assassins have a lot of nice abilities ...) ... beasts can be nice and useful (gt/sol teams) ... undead/dark teams (my favourite ones with shade) ...
    So i would suggest try to get more heroes ... focus the ones you can combinate best and try to optimize your teams whenever you can 😉
  • ClaraR wrote: »
    Hard to give you the right answer ... because most heroes i am using at endgame are hardly to farm and to upgrade ...
    In lower lvl you will have to use what you have avaiable ... and to run through dungeons can be used almost every team with synergies (goblin team or unearths... for example) and if you care about well-known things like elements and heroes weakness/abilities (casters against tanks ... dwarves against assassins ...)
    At endgame I loved tank/construct teams and dark teams to run through boss mode dungeons ... for pvp you can see a lot of teams ... assassins against barbs ... dwarves against assassins ... and so on ...
    So actually dwarves are nice ... fast heroes are nice (and assassins have a lot of nice abilities ...) ... beasts can be nice and useful (gt/sol teams) ... undead/dark teams (my favourite ones with shade) ...
    So i would suggest try to get more heroes ... focus the ones you can combinate best and try to optimize your teams whenever you can 😉

Because of event, today I summoned few more heros. Any of those that I have are worth to level up and use?
    Aria
    Pontifex Mortis
    Yokozuna
    Lady Nimriel
    Igorok
    Stone Fist
    Rogar Stonecrusher
    Yasmin Bloom
    Shadowblade
    Archangel Emily
    Willow Swift
    Bovus El doro

and in progress

9/30 Rocky the Shiitake ; Black Diamon
    6/10 Chief NubNub
    5/10 Lupina ; Selwyn the Enduring
    4/10 Kobal the Pestilent ; Phemus ; Abigail the Brutal ; Torchy
    3/10 Nitpick ; Mangle Jaw ; Tsume
    and others like 3/30 or 2/100
  • apiramaniaapiramania Member
    edited September 8
    for starter i think is best for you to save your gem. and utilize event (guarantted hero summon/ all star/ legend 10xheroic portal)
    just use any hero u like for lower level so u can familiarize with their ability, synergy, buff and debuff, ascend using evos, rune etc
    if u got your intended hero at mid level it's okay bcause u can level them up with xp potion. just save your celest evos to ascend them
    just enjoy the game slowly most of top player spend cash to get competitive
  • You will need to decide which dungeons you will run next.
    From your list I would choose SB (fast and strong 1st special attack with debuff 1 oppunent) , Igo (1st special is a AoE with freeze), Yasmin (healer), StoneFist (tank)/Emily (reviver) ... But you won't be happy with them when unscended and running against nature heroes ...
    From the progress list I would focus BD ( fast and AoE as 1st special), Abi (fast and attack buff) and maybe Nub (as a healer/supporter)
  • First off, read my post here:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/59799/just-hit-level-80-which-heroes-did-i-level-to-80#latest

Then bear in mind that it'll take you a year or two to get to level 80, by which time they might have raised the level cap again (it was 63 when I started playing 2 1/5 years ago) and new characters will come out, old characters will get revamped, events will come and go, and new rune effects will be brought in. By the time you reach level 80 it may be an entirely different set of characters I'd be recommending.

Success in PvP requires good synergy on your team, a good team in the right order, and good runes. A 20k attack can beat a 35k defense. "Power" rating is misleading, it's team synergy that matters. Epic weapons boost a hero's power rating a lot, but are rarely as effective as the numbers would suggest.

You'll need all the characters you currently have along the way to complete the Boss mode campaign, plus most of the 70-odd others that currently exist.

Right now the Dwarves reign supreme. Before that is was the Assassins. Before that the Barbarians. Before that the Beasts, etc. Even the mostly-despised Reptiles had their day.

Keep reading the forum, and enjoy the game. You'll see a lot of complaints (not least from me) about things that could be done differently or seem to go wrong or be unbalanced, but this is the only app game I've played almost every day for more than a year. The developers do listen, they do adjust things, they do try to compensate fairly if things go wrong, and the game goes on.

• JuDruJuDru Member
    edited September 8
    Barleyman wrote: »
    First off, read my post here:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/59799/just-hit-level-80-which-heroes-did-i-level-to-80#latest

Then bear in mind that it'll take you a year or two to get to level 80, by which time they might have raised the level cap again (it was 63 when I started playing 2 1/5 years ago) and new characters will come out, old characters will get revamped, events will come and go, and new rune effects will be brought in. By the time you reach level 80 it may be an entirely different set of characters I'd be recommending.

Success in PvP requires good synergy on your team, a good team in the right order, and good runes. A 20k attack can beat a 35k defense. "Power" rating is misleading, it's team synergy that matters. Epic weapons boost a hero's power rating a lot, but are rarely as effective as the numbers would suggest.

You'll need all the characters you currently have along the way to complete the Boss mode campaign, plus most of the 70-odd others that currently exist.

Right now the Dwarves reign supreme. Before that is was the Assassins. Before that the Barbarians. Before that the Beasts, etc. Even the mostly-despised Reptiles had their day.

Keep reading the forum, and enjoy the game. You'll see a lot of complaints (not least from me) about things that could be done differently or seem to go wrong or be unbalanced, but this is the only app game I've played almost every day for more than a year. The developers do listen, they do adjust things, they do try to compensate fairly if things go wrong, and the game goes on.

Thanks for all effort writing this long comment, but.... You understand that I am only beginner with level 17 and just with 12 heroes from which 6 is starters? You saw that, right? :smiley:
    And you are talking about max level already with combination (when my heroes have 1 or 2 abilities...) and "good runes" (like I would know which runes are considered as good :smiley: ) :confused:
    You said just generic things for every grinding game... "leve up and you will get better"...

Good for you that you are veteran here and "played almost every day for more than a year" and showing how big you are, but thing that you are max level and played for such long time, didn't gave me any information about what I asked or would be helpful for me as a beginner :confused:

For example person above you ClaraR, he/she explained what hero he/she would focus on and for most important part WHY.

I know that you could give many useful information what should I do at the beginning and what should I avoid as newbie... For example I have no idea how runes works... How to sync team "passives" (traits or how they are called)... Like you said 20k can beat 30k and that happened to me, where I said that I lost raid with 2.5k power against 2.1k... He did some crazy stuff and at 2nd turn my 2 characters were dead...
    As you said "Success in PvP requires good synergy on your team, a good team in the right order", but you didn't explained how to do that... :confused:
  • ClaraR wrote: »
    You will need to decide which dungeons you will run next.
    From your list I would choose SB (fast and strong 1st special attack with debuff 1 oppunent) , Igo (1st special is a AoE with freeze), Yasmin (healer), StoneFist (tank)/Emily (reviver) ... But you won't be happy with them when unscended and running against nature heroes ...
    From the progress list I would focus BD ( fast and AoE as 1st special), Abi (fast and attack buff) and maybe Nub (as a healer/supporter)

what is SB and DB? :smiley:
  • apiramania wrote: »
    for starter i think is best for you to save your gem. and utilize event (guarantted hero summon/ all star/ legend 10xheroic portal)
    just use any hero u like for lower level so u can familiarize with their ability, synergy, buff and debuff, ascend using evos, rune etc
    if u got your intended hero at mid level it's okay bcause u can level them up with xp potion. just save your celest evos to ascend them

Yeah, never use the single summons at the gem portal. It's a noob trap. Always save up the 2.7k gems for the 10x summon, and only when there's a guaranteed hero.

I would save up for a Zomm portal if I were you. He's not the best in PvP raids at higher levels, but he'll get you where you need to go, while also being amazing for the campaign and Tower. As an extra bonus, you don't need to ascend him to make him worthwhile, as he can still summon skeletons in his standard form. Every now and again there'll be an guaranteed Zomm from a 10x gem summon, and that'll be your best chance to get him.
    ClaraR wrote: »
    Have they improved low level healing? I played on my nephew's low level account a few months ago and they still hadn't fixed low level healing then, with Yasmin and Nubs barely covering the damage done by one single enemy attack. Unless there have been more recent changes, Yasmin, Nubs and other conventional healers are a waste of a slot. You're better off loading up on more damage to avoid being hit.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited September 8
    Honestly at such a low level you’re really just looking to start getting used to the game, summon as many heroes as you can, and level up to where you can starting pvping and doing a good chunk of tower regularly. I.e. don’t worry so much, and just enjoy playing the game.

As you play more, the useful vs unuseful hero distinction becomes clearer and clearer. You’ll join a guild, discuss strategies with them, figure out if you’re a spender or free to play. Forum posts will make more sense. Events will give more rewards. It all starts to come together fairly naturally.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    apiramania wrote: »

Yeah, never use the single summons at the gem portal. It's a noob trap. Always save up the 2.7k gems for the 10x summon, and only when there's a guaranteed hero.

I would save up for a Zomm portal if I were you. He's not the best in PvP raids at higher levels, but he'll get you where you need to go, while also being amazing for the campaign and Tower. As an extra bonus, you don't need to ascend him to make him worthwhile, as he can still summon skeletons in his standard form. Every now and again there'll be an guaranteed Zomm from a 10x gem summon, and that'll be your best chance to get him.
    Have they improved low level healing? I played on my nephew's low level account a few months ago and they still hadn't fixed low level healing then, with Yasmin and Nubs barely covering the damage done by one single enemy attack. Unless there have been more recent changes, Yasmin, Nubs and other conventional healers are a waste of a slot. You're better off loading up on more damage to avoid being hit.

So those "Legendaries" that I got from 10x isn't good? That Pontifex Mortis also can do something with undead, isn't he?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited September 8
    The short answer is "no". I can't recommend you spend money until you get further in the game, anyway, even if any of those "deals" were good.
    JuDru wrote: »
    So those "Legendaries" that I got from 10x isn't good? That Pontifex Mortis also can do something with undead, isn't he?
    I'm afraid you were pretty unlucky with those legendaries. Being a legendary hero has no intrinsic value, except for the fact that there are runes out there that cause extra damage versus legendary characters. (...) The best legendary heroes are, in no particular order, Valkin, Solaris, and Zomm. That's not to say you can't get any use out of the others, but either they'll drop off in terms of power as you level (Ponti, IGO) or are hard to get off of the ground (Aria).
    The short answer is "no". I can't recommend you spend money until you get further in the game, anyway, even if any of those "deals" were good.

And what will be in further game?
  • li30li30 Member
    edited September 8
    @JuDru
    There is another playing style that might help beginner, slow level, search the key word u will find there are many discussion about it on the forum, been too many years I was at ur lvl, dont know if it still effective to help low level nowadays than it used to be in my old days.
  • I never spend cash on the game yet. So i cant really comment on your question about those offer but i can say there will be more cash offers later.

But in my opinion go for 10x heroic event today. Legendary heroes are quite exciting to try. Then aftr playing with them u should know what your favourite hero to play

Check db wiki for the heroes and try hqve fun with them. All heroes have its own purposes and synergy. Maybe the simplest one for synergy is looking for heroes with the same family ec dwarf rogue barbarian beast flying construct assasin honorbound caster etc

From your hero pool i think i will use
    shadowblade fast great dmg can get 4 star early
    nimriel good dmg 4 star early,
    willow fast 3 star early
    pontifex aoe start 3 star
    stonefist tank debuff enemy taunti
    igorok start 3 star afreeze

The point is get the most star for early level. After mid level u will realize which hero do you want. And u can re read barley post above u will find it good

I consider myself still a noob in this game. Started in may/june i forgot exactly when deadeye came out, then my phone broke down so i left the game for some time. Started again august when the dwarves was being reworked. I play mostly just to enjoy the gameplay and collect heroes

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited September 8
    And what will be in further game?
    Here are some heroes who are good in a vacuum, and are useful in at least two of the three areas: campaign, Tower, PvP raids.
    • I was really lucky to get Goretusk very early on, back at around level 20. At lower levels, he does decent damage and is a fast hero with a freeze. While his first ascension kinda sucks, to be honest, his final ascension makes him the best tank around. As someone who didn't get Zomm until some time into the level 50s, Goretusk carried me through the game once I fully ascended him.
    • Solaris' damage also drops off, but she's darn hard to keep down and is one of only two heroes with a true resurrect in the game.
    • Agnon is a damage dealer who cannot be debuffed, which is a big selling point. His first ascension makes Agnon and any other flying heroes on the team do x2 damage to non-flying enemies. If you have Iris from the current event, she counts as a flying hero. His final ascension makes him tough, too; he gets the ability to shift into a statue (loses buffs and the ability to follow-up attacks but minimises damage recieved), -25% damage from non-physical attacks at all times, -50% from melee attacks (which are mostly physical) at all times. He has short cooldowns to boot.
    • Once fully ascended, Ferno reduces the attack of all non-flying characters until he takes his first turn. This is one of the few ways to defend against fast enemies in PvP. He also packs a punch and passively provides bonus energy to other flying heroes. On a team with Agnon, this means that Agnon doesn't need to use a basic attack, ever.
    • Lily's vines are pretty vicious and apparently do deal a percentage of the victims' health as damage. I say "apparently" because it doesn't say it in game, that's just what I've been told on the forums. It certainly seems to be the case as it did serious work against enemies 10+ levels higher than me in the campaign. She's not classed as a healer, but Lily is also one of the best healing heroes out there; her lifesteal and defensive buffs will do much more for you than Yasmin, Ember and Nubs can hope for. All of this, and I haven't even mentioned her power to greatly boost the power of other green heroes on the team.
    • I don't actually like Shade much in the campaign, but he's extremely potent on the PvP side of things. He's fast, offers dark heroes great first-round defense with his final ascension, he packs a punch, and his Spirit Link and Possession abilities make him a tricky little blighter to deal with.

Post edited by Stinky on
  • JuDru wrote: »

So maybe you guys could educate me what is good at the moment and what should I farm as beginner? Right now I am level 12 and have Willow Swift, Rogar Stonecrusher, Yasmin Bloom, Archangel Emily, Stone Fist and Shadowblade (I assume that all these are starter characters).

Would be great if you would give like top10 characters and with explanation why you choose them or like top5 in each category (like tank, assassin, support and etc.). Also, would be really nice if you would give few team composition examples, because I don't understand how I lost raid with 2.5k power against 2.1k... He did some crazy stuff and at 2nd turn my 2 characters were dead :smiley:

OK, my top 10 characters currently:

Emily - for resurrection, healing, removing debuffs. Always useful to have a healer in your team, in my opinion.

Valkin, Dagrund, Dhaegon, Rogar, Therand, Hagrim. The 6 dwarves are dominating PvP right now, and clear most of the tower for me. I suspect you could clear the entire campaign through both normal and campaign modes with the dwarves after their latest rework. You can't unlock Dhaegon until you complete the normal campaign.

Valkin and Dagrind are the key two dwarves. My Valkin has tank and unbreakable heart runes, to take heat off the rest early in PvP. Dagrund is the backbone for dwarf team survival as the healer and debuff remover. Which of the other 4 use your other 2 hero slots is less vital, but I like to use either Rogar with Dagrund for the Dather/son combo, or Hagrim with Therand. Dhaegon is a great third dwarf for his energy bonus on crits.

Therand is THE best character to use against Agnon.

Ferno - his wildfire is very useful for beating barbarian defenses. Not really used in the campaign.

Masuta Kira - to remove enemy buffs early in PvP, especially Dark Shroud. Again, PvP and tower focused, not so useful in campaign mode.

Hopper - the most reliable corpse remover. Most campaign dungeons you don't need to worry about corpses, so mostly useful in PvP and tower.

• JuDru wrote: »

what is SB and DB? :smiley:

SB is short for Shadowblade, BD is short for Black Diamond
    Sorry ... it's the daily use ingame that makes me forget that not everyone knows that use.
  • Barleyman wrote: »

OK, my top 10 characters currently:

Emily - for resurrection, healing, removing debuffs. Always useful to have a healer in your team, in my opinion.

Valkin, Dagrund, Dhaegon, Rogar, Therand, Hagrim. The 6 dwarves are dominating PvP right now, and clear most of the tower for me. I suspect you could clear the entire campaign through both normal and campaign modes with the dwarves after their latest rework. You can't unlock Dhaegon until you complete the normal campaign.

Valkin and Dagrind are the key two dwarves. My Valkin has tank and unbreakable heart runes, to take heat off the rest early in PvP. Dagrund is the backbone for dwarf team survival as the healer and debuff remover. Which of the other 4 use your other 2 hero slots is less vital, but I like to use either Rogar with Dagrund for the Dather/son combo, or Hagrim with Therand. Dhaegon is a great third dwarf for his energy bonus on crits.

Therand is THE best character to use against Agnon.

Ferno - his wildfire is very useful for beating barbarian defenses. Not really used in the campaign.

Masuta Kira - to remove enemy buffs early in PvP, especially Dark Shroud. Again, PvP and tower focused, not so useful in campaign mode.

Hopper - the most reliable corpse remover. Most campaign dungeons you don't need to worry about corpses, so mostly useful in PvP and tower.

Now It is much more helpful! I have Emily, Rogar and Valkin :smile: Also, can you help me with Runes? For example +Attack, +Skill... Isn't this the same thing? Or +attack adds just on basic attacks and don't make abilities stronger? I have few Runes with "wings" under them... Some are little feathers at the bottom and others are big feathers that covers all bottom... What is that? And what is that "spiral" thing next to runes (in hero profile at the bottom there is 5 runes and that "spiral" thing)?
  • Blessing of the seeker read here
    Skill involved in many things like crit, healing etc. U can cek on this threadskill
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 9
    Now It is much more helpful! I have Emily, Rogar and Valkin :smile: Also, can you help me with Runes? For example +Attack, +Skill... Isn't this the same thing? Or +attack adds just on basic attacks and don't make abilities stronger? I have few Runes with "wings" under them... Some are little feathers at the bottom and others are big feathers that covers all bottom... What is that? And what is that "spiral" thing next to runes (in hero profile at the bottom there is 5 runes and that "spiral" thing)?

The "spiral" is a Blessing of the Seeker. You can give heroes a blessing once you have collected 1000 Orbs. You get orbs in the Challenge campaign, once you've finished the normal campaign, and from heroic summons. The blessing gives the hero bonus damage against their target element, Fire>Nature>Water>Fire, Dark <> Light.

Runes come in 5 levels (look at the crafting menu), Lesser, Improved, Greater, Superior and Elite. 1-5 stars, and those with wings can be upgraded to level 30. Without wings just to level 20. The best runes are "Legendary 5 star", and have a complete silver frame with a silver square behind. Runes can have up to 4 attributes, 3 that boost statistics, and a 4th that has a special effect. The special effect may be more valuable than the stat boots.

Rune theory is complex, and I'm not the best to advise, but my preference is good defense with enough attack to get the job done. Skill boosts various things like crit chance (how often you crit) healing, and chance to resist debuffs like burn and freeze. I tend to treat skill as unnecessary except for healers, but I may be wrong. Problem is heroes are limited to 50% crit chance, and many have buffs to their crits so they hit that 50% very quickly.

Attack- boosts all damage done
    Defense - reduces all damage received
    Skill - boosts healing, resistance, crit chance, possibly other things
    Damage penetration - helps do more damage
    Damage reduction - also reduces damage taken

Basic team set up for the normal campaign. I'd go for a healer (Yasmin is good for this in the campaign, not so useful in PvP), a tank (stonefist), a warrior and a caster, but it depends on what you've got and the actual dungeon. I tend to find fast characters less useful in campaign, e.g. Willow is next to useless as time goes on.

Note on Zomm. He will raise any fallen allies as Zomminions (once he has been ascended enough), who fight as dark skeletons, usually of the same type as the original hero. e.g. a dead tank rises as a tank skeleton, and can taunt the enemy. This can be very useful in the tower, as surviving zomminions come back as the original heroes after the floor is completed. I didn't put him in my top 10 rhis time as I haven't needed to use him recently.

Similarly with Solaris. She (once ascended) can revive her allies, but I haven't used her lately.
  • as for me, i started to play with what was available, and tryed to get as much dark hero as possible, after lvl 30 i started to play 1 team, dungeons and pvp, dark team, not to suffer from elemental weakness, so for me that was ponty, zomm, overlord exectum and brom, for lvl 30-60 they are best for pve and ok in pvp, but change brom as fast as possible, best variant is hansuke, then change oe for shade in pvp and focus on heroes you want to use in endgame.
  • apiramania wrote: »
    Blessing of the seeker read here
    Skill involved in many things like crit, healing etc. U can cek on this threadskill

So, skill runes are the best because they gives you boost in 7 categories (your given article mentions 7)?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited September 10

So, skill runes are the best because they gives you boost in 7 categories (your given article mentions 7)?
    Skill's value varies from character to character. If in doubt, leave skill out. Pure attack and defense are safer stats to go with.

For example, let's take a look at Shade. While skill does boost the effect of his shroud* a small amount, he has so much skill baseline that he's going to land his debuffs anyway. Later on, he'll hit the crit cap** purely from his base skill and his epic weapon, at which point any more skill isn't going to do any good. So for this character, skill on runes isn't very appealing.

A different example: Yasmin. Yasmin's heals are more effective the more skill she has. If you can load her up with skill, she might actually be able to heal.

Yet another example: Valkin. Valkin's To War is an amazing ability, since it's a short cooldown, team-wide freeze. Freeze is an amazing debuff that you really want to have stick, but blue and green characters have a higher than normal chance to resist it. Later on, skill will also boost the potency of his +attack/+def passive stat boost to himself and other dwarves. I find that putting a bit of skill on Valkin is worthwhile.

*Shroud is a protective buff that Shade gives to his teammates at the start of each dungeon or PvP raid.
    **You can only go up to 50% crit from base and runed stats.

Skill's value varies from character to character. If in doubt, leave skill out. Pure attack and defense are safer stats to go with.

For example, let's take a look at Shade. While skill does boost the effect of his shroud* a small amount, he has so much skill baseline that he's going to land his debuffs anyway. Later on, he'll hit the crit cap** purely from his base skill and his epic weapon, at which point any more skill isn't going to do any good. So for this character, skill on runes isn't very appealing.

A different example: Yasmin. Yasmin's heals are more effective the more skill she has. If you can load her up with skill, she might actually be able to heal.

Yet another example: Valkin. Valkin's To War is an amazing ability, since it's a short cooldown, team-wide freeze. Freeze is an amazing debuff that you really want to have stick, but blue and green characters have a higher than normal chance to resist it. Later on, skill will also boost the potency of his +attack/+def passive stat boost to himself and other dwarves. I find that putting a bit of skill on Valkin is worthwhile.

*Shroud is a protective buff that Shade gives to his teammates at the start of each dungeon or PvP raid.

This is very explanatory and helpful, but at the same time very complex :smiley: I don't know, maybe later on I will get how runes works... :D for now I put Attack on attackers and defense on Tanks :D I have few Runes with wings, but have no idea where to put them :smiley:
  • Maybe you guys could give your Discord to PM? Then it would be simpler to show what I got and for you to help and explain
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited September 10
    Stinky wrote: »

This is very explanatory and helpful, but at the same time very complex :smiley: I don't know, maybe later on I will get how runes works... :D for now I put Attack on attackers and defense on Tanks :D I have few Runes with wings, but have no idea where to put them :smiley:
    Yeah, skill is complex, but to be honest, you don't really need to worry about it right now. If you're unsure, only put skill on a healer, since skill makes healing spells better. There's nothing wrong with going attack and defense.

As for who to put them on, just stick them on your best heroes. From the sounds of it, right now you might as well roll with Shadowblade + Valkin + Emily in general; while Valkin and Rogar get synergies, you might not have either ascended high enough to enjoy that at this time.
  • What can I build from these?

cac25qix0oqy.jpg
  • From what I see, Valkin, hopper, Emily, Zomm, Shadowblade, M.K. and Abigail. For a decent team, it can be Valkin Zomm Abigail Shadowblade. Sometimes you will need to switch out between Shadowblade and Abigail to Emily M.K. hopper depends on pvp. In order it should be Abigail, SB, Valkin, Zomm. Abigail to boost attack and SB to debuff and possibly one shoot kill enemy who’s the biggest threat, then Valkin with war of cry to freeze and follow up attack. Zomm can debuff with taste a brain. Also if one of your ally hero died and Zomm can rise to zomminion. It’s important to keep Zomm and Valkin to alive.

Sometimes you need to use M.K. for multiple debuff. Hopper to remove corpses if you are against the beast team and any team with Emily. With hopper, you kill last Solaris and Emily. Also you need to use Emily to resurrect a die hero. That depends on who you are against the team.

Try to get Shade, dwarves, more assassins, Goretusk, Hansuke, Ferno, agnog, Barbarians, beasts, lily, Koros, and iris. As for these, you will use a lot for pvp and pve. You will switch between these depends on what team you are against. They are important heroes.

Truthfully, you need to fully ascend all heroes because in the boss mode you will need to use most of them. There are rules like only light, fire heroes, or specific heroes to use, etc.
  • Alex13 wrote: »
    From what I see, Valkin, hopper, Emily, Zomm, Shadowblade, M.K. and Abigail. For a decent team, it can be Valkin Zomm Abigail Shadowblade. Sometimes you will need to switch out between Shadowblade and Abigail to Emily M.K. hopper depends on pvp. In order it should be Abigail, SB, Valkin, Zomm. Abigail to boost attack and SB to debuff and possibly one shoot kill enemy who’s the biggest threat, then Valkin with war of cry to freeze and follow up attack. Zomm can debuff with taste a brain. Also if one of your ally hero died and Zomm can rise to zomminion. It’s important to keep Zomm and Valkin to alive.

Sometimes you need to use M.K. for multiple debuff. Hopper to remove corpses if you are against the beast team and any team with Emily. With hopper, you kill last Solaris and Emily. Also you need to use Emily to resurrect a die hero. That depends on who you are against the team.

Try to get Shade, dwarves, more assassins, Goretusk, Hansuke, Ferno, agnog, Barbarians, beasts, lily, Koros, and iris. As for these, you will use a lot for pvp and pve. You will switch between these depends on what team you are against. They are important heroes.

Truthfully, you need to fully ascend all heroes because in the boss mode you will need to use most of them. There are rules like only light, fire heroes, or specific heroes to use, etc.

This is a really decent reply with a really wide explanation. Because I am playing just for 4 days, almost all my "stronger" heroes don't have any ascending... This is why I created this topic, that I would know who to focus and upgrade. Now I was using Shadowblade>Masuta Kira>Igorok>Zomm