Tower of garbage

When is the tower going to be fixed. I Hadley play it because of how stupidity tedious it is now.

I mean really the teams you face in there are ridiculous it's not bad enough that they always seem to go first are all 5/6 starred, fully acended fully runed teams but then you get the same characters on every floor.

I mean seriously I don't have 50 6 starred fully runed teams to throw at them and simply hope that I manage to kill one.

Please fix it, at level 66 I would expect to get past more than just the first three levels before the tower has killed my entire rota.

Comments

• The tower is not broken. Level 63, finish it every day.
  • Twitchz wrote: »
    When is the tower going to be fixed. I Hadley play it because of how stupidity tedious it is now.

I mean really the teams you face in there are ridiculous it's not bad enough that they always seem to go first are all 5/6 starred, fully acended fully runed teams but then you get the same characters on every floor.

I mean seriously I don't have 50 6 starred fully runed teams to throw at them and simply hope that I manage to kill one.

Please fix it, at level 66 I would expect to get past more than just the first three levels before the tower has killed my entire rota.

Do you have Ferno? When facing predominantly fast teams like assassins I use Ferno to blunt their initial attacks, then Emily, Valkin, Dagrund to nail the lids down.

If it's Shade, Hopper and Shadowblade +1 I use Masuta Kira and Emily to remove Dark Shroud, then again hit them with Valkin & Dagrund.
  • TwitchzTwitchz Member
    edited September 2018
    The problem is I'm not a whale, I don't have all these characters fully acended at 6 stars. Your level doesn't make too much difference ( being that lower level players might have easier towers) anyone with enough money can get fully starred acended characters. I've spent a decent amount of cash on the game since it was released but I'm unable to compete with these crazy tower teams.

I have no 6 starred hero's yet and probably 3 working teams. A lot of the time though even my best team will be taken out in the first turn without me even having the opportunity to attack.
  • I have spent a total of $5 on my account. I don’t think I qualify as a whale.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited September 2018
    Maybe there are people out there that complete the tower with the use of many teams, but that's not really my experience. In fact, if you try to assemble one team for each floor, you're going to cause your roster power to rocket, meaning you get a harder Tower. (At least, I assume that's how it works.) Instead you'll want to focus on some key heroes.
    1) Goretusk. Fully ascended, he will blunt the first wave of enemy attacks by a significant amount.
    2) Ferno as per Barleyman's post.
    3) Zomm. Zombies raised by Zomm will return to life after the floor (so even if their corpse is eaten). The returned heroes will have 100% HP as well.
    4) Emily, to resurrect Zomm if he bites the dust.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    I have spent a total of $5 on my account. I don’t think I qualify as a whale.

you do to me.
  • Tower definitely needs changes, because fighting multiple meta teams in a row close to your rune power has always been nonsense. Using specific heroes with sustain abilities is a bandaid to a more invasive issue.
  • Maybe give it another try. I’m a free player and I beat it very easy. Use shade hopper hansucksie and zomm. They can chew up most teams. If they go dead, switch to assassins or the goretex Gannon ferno and Emma team.
  • I have been focusing on a few select teams, that's the issue. I had my whole 5 star undead team wiped out on the second tier this morning leaving me with a beast team and a rogue team. Needless to say I got to tier 4.

Just worthless, I seem to remember this is exactly the reason I stopped playing last year. I got so frustrated I just started playing something else.
  • Is it possible that you are focusing on the wrong teams. I use fast heroes for most floors and sub in Valkin, Agnon, Emily and Ferno for the tricky ones. Have you tried the Tank sacrifice to make enemy use their AOE? Runes are also a big factor.
    I have been focusing on a few select teams, that's the issue. I had my whole 5 star undead team wiped out on the second tier this morning leaving me with a beast team and a rogue team. Needless to say I got to tier 4.

Just worthless, I seem to remember this is exactly the reason I stopped playing last year. I got so frustrated I just started playing something else.

You said it. Focusing on a few select teams leaves you very little to fall back on when things go bad. You need to keep collecting gems and runes, gems (initially) for summoning the heroes you're missing to dominate (when they appear in the portals) and runes to put on them. The tower is still the best source of free gems.

Oddly, having hit level 80 recently I am now finding the tower a doddle. At the end of the last event I stripped runes off a lot of heroes I never use, so my roster strength has dropped. I could actually drop it further as I still have greater and better runes on at least half a dozen heroes I don't use anymore.

Whatever has caused it, I'm mostly getting teams 5-10 levels below me in the tower, sometimes even lower, which as you can imagine makes life very much easier. Even on floors 7-11 it's rare there's more than one team where I need to plan my attack carefully, and I'm not having to send in a sacrifice anymore on any floor.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited September 2018
    Twitchz wrote: »
    I have been focusing on a few select teams, that's the issue. I had my whole 5 star undead team wiped out on the second tier this morning leaving me with a beast team and a rogue team. Needless to say I got to tier 4.

Unfortunately, a pure undead team's defenses are rubbish. Overlord Executum isn't up to the task. Swap him out with Goretusk or Ferno and you'll have an easier time.

Here's my tower run for today. I don't expect anyone to actually watch it but it's there as proof. I make some dumb mistakes but I pull through. Heroes used, apart from the cannon fodder: Goretusk, Valkin, Dad, Ferno, Emily, Agnon, Zomm. Because I've focused on a select bunch of heroes, got them good runes, and let most of my roster rot, they can clear the tower without facing tough opposition. Money spent on DB the whole time I've played it (since January): ~£10. My heroes have a mix of greater and superior runes, except for Goretusk, who has the elite unbreakable heart rune.

Post edited by Stinky on
  • Yykkil wrote: »
    Tower definitely needs changes, because fighting multiple meta teams in a row close to your rune power has always been nonsense. Using specific heroes with sustain abilities is a bandaid to a more invasive issue.

depends on whether you think the tower is there for you to get free easy gems for 5-10 min of work a day or if yu thin it should be a challenge.

This is partially their fault.
    They made it easier when runes came out.
    before then it was actually tough.

then when they added runes to defenses and barb teams started showing up, it got about 60% as hard as it used to be, but that was too much for some folks who'd grown soft.

• danac wrote: »
    Yykkil wrote: »
    Tower definitely needs changes, because fighting multiple meta teams in a row close to your rune power has always been nonsense. Using specific heroes with sustain abilities is a bandaid to a more invasive issue.

depends on whether you think the tower is there for you to get free easy gems for 5-10 min of work a day or if yu thin it should be a challenge.

This is partially their fault.
    They made it easier when runes came out.
    before then it was actually tough.

then when they added runes to defenses and barb teams started showing up, it got about 60% as hard as it used to be, but that was too much for some folks who'd grown soft.

Yeah mate it's a matter of perspective. Initially I enjoyed exhausting my entire roster to beat the tower each day, when I was leveling from 20-50 ish. These days my perspective of it is more as a gem grinder...and as such the inconsistencies in power spikes are what lead me to dislike it. Unless it's a barbarian or dwarf variant floor I can slap on whatever runes on dwarves and zoom. In other words the tower is too influenced by the pvp meta.

Mostly I'd like the tower to be more consistent and not give me Sunday mercenary teams one day, then a team with seemingly 6k in rune power the next day. Hence why I don't believe pulling from real player defenses is a good idea.
  • This is great advice guys, sadly I don't have the hero's your talking about. And I'm not about to dump tons of cash an a few hero's only to find out next week there is a new meta and I have to get a whole new team.

Like I said unless you have a full 6 star roster for all occasions your stuffed.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited September 2018
    At 66, been making it through the tower for about a few weeks (now 67) with only these 4 6* heros- agnon emily ferno and solaris. They do have superior runes from collected events since December.
    This is great advice guys, sadly I don't have the hero's your talking about. And I'm not about to dump tons of cash an a few hero's only to find out next week there is a new meta and I have to get a whole new team.

Like I said unless you have a full 6 star roster for all occasions your stuffed.
    Apart from Valkin and Dad, the heroes I use have all been top notch for the tower through multiple metas. Neither dwarf is essential for getting through the tower, you can swap in your best damage dealers as needed.

While it's true that you can't go and buy Goretusk for gems right this instant, he pops into the portal every now and again. Save up those gems and get him the next time he appears and you'll be golden. You really don't need to spend any cash if you don't want to.
  • I'm level 65, never spent money on the game, and I can clear the tower (almost) every day with the same 4 heroes.

Get Lord Zomm and give him a bunch of strong health/defense runes. As long as Zomm lives, he rezzes anyone who dies and then you get them back at full HP on the next floor. In some rare cases I've wiped when they happen to kill Zomm, but the computer AI isn't very smart so it's pretty rare
  • For me the tower is just a source of disgust. I routinely face anywhere from 4-6 floors of barbarians. I don't mind other teams even dwarf and undead teams with zomm. But having to face floor after floor of barbarians is disheartening. The sense of accomplishment you feel from actually beating 1 or 2 floors of barbarians is destroyed by the fact you have to face another 3 or 4 floor of them. It is just not worth the hassle.
  • I agree that it's very tedious. I have a good tower team (Emily Agnon Ferno Zomm) and can complete it whenever; however, I just hate it. It takes forever especially having to bait every Shade and Agnon, while avoiding baiting Lily... then you have to deal with Emily, Solaris, or Leo teams... it's just not appealing.

Let alone I barely play anymore since they gave back the wrong unbreaking heart rune *ahem* @Joel. It was supposed to have two attack stats.
  • Yo solo eh gastado 10 dolares en este juego y bueno me enfoque en un equipo de Goretsku Solaris Agnon y Ferno despues otro de asesinos Black Diamond, Masuta Shadowblade y Sifu después Abigail balog Drakk y Shade y mi ultimo equipo de enanos Valkin Hagrim Dagrund y Theerand con esos equipos y algunos utilizados como carne de cañón me paso la torre todos los días
  • AC_RoyaleAC_Royale Member
    edited October 2018
    havent missed tower completion in months. using only 5 heroes: Abigail, Shade, Emily, Zomm, Shadowblade :D
    i must be lucky for months......
  • I usually run assassins through until someone dies.
    MK, BD, SB and Sifu can take out almost everyone. Occasionally I'll see a team that warrants a different team but not that often (for example, if I was going against that same team I usually take or one with a lot of dodge, I'd probably swap in dwarves).
  • The consistency of relative difficult is highly flawed. I expect a high consistency of relative overall challenge every day - yesterday I had a tower with 5 floors of high tier dwarves and 5 floors of 'barbarian + 1' variants, and barely could complete it. Today it was full of meme teams, beasts, and undead. Inconsistent = unenjoyable.
  • As soon as you understand that your function as a player is to provide a viable target for the top 5 guilds in PvP, you will feel much better. As you can note from the above advice from senior players which amounts to "too bad, get better". On the other hand, is it really reasonable to expect all accesible content to be easily completed at all times? That, to me, would be the equivalent of a participation trophy, which I personally despise.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!