Dark immune

Why are there so many Dark immune bosses on Boss Island? I like to use Zomm on my team but he is nearly useless

Also, why does Shadowblade do normal damage on dark immune bosses?

Comments

  • The intent is to encourage you to develop a variety of heroes to deal with different situations.
  • DrJawaPhD wrote: »
    Also, why does Shadowblade do normal damage on dark immune bosses?
    There's a difference between the elemental type of a hero (nature, water, fire, light, dark) and an attack's damage type (physical, spirit, nature, water, fire, light, lightning, dark). The immunities on enemies in the campaign usually revolve about the latter.

    If you look at Zomm's basic attack/Putrid Claw and Taste for Brains, you'll see that they're described as doing dark type damage. He's unusual in this regard, since a hero's basic attack normally does physical or spirit type damage. Shadowblade's attacks, on the other hand, are all physical type damage. As a result, the bosses of Pestilence Spiral are not immune to Shadowblade's moves.
    Barleyman wrote: »
    The intent is to encourage you to develop a variety of heroes to deal with different situations.
    I don't mind Pestilence Spiral having dark immune enemies and Savage Grove having nature immune enemies. After all, if Zomm had an easy time in Pestilence then he would already have got his epic for himself. It's a bit arbitrary having dark immune enemies in the other dungeons though. I can't remember which ones they are exactly offhand - the bosses in the fire dungeon I think, maybe the nature one too - but it sucks to assemble a team and then find out it's suboptimal for no real reason. It's not like the game warns you beforehand.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    Barleyman wrote: »
    The intent is to encourage you to develop a variety of heroes to deal with different situations.
    I don't mind Pestilence Spiral having dark immune enemies and Savage Grove having nature immune enemies. After all, if Zomm had an easy time in Pestilence then he would already have got his epic for himself. It's a bit arbitrary having dark immune enemies in the other dungeons though. I can't remember which ones they are exactly offhand - the bosses in the fire dungeon I think, maybe the nature one too - but it sucks to assemble a team and then find out it's suboptimal for no real reason. It's not like the game warns you beforehand.

    The sub-Boss and Bosses in the Lava Academy are indeed dark immune. Why DB felt this necessary I don't know, other than to encourage you to develop a variety of heroes.

    As a rule I always used elementally advantaged heroes for these Boss Island dungeons, except when I needed to take a specific hero for an epic part. There's no reason to ever take a dark hero into Lava Academy, unless you lack a diverse hero roster.

    It is tougher to beat Pestilence Spiral with Zomm on the team, but you only have to take him in occasionally for his epic part.

  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited September 24
    It was annoying during the Iris event, where we're meant to have a monster in the party for every dungeon but most monsters suck. What's the point of being able to preview enemies before the dungeon if they don't give out pertinent information? For example, the description for Lava Academy's miniboss is "Fire wizards cast fire spells, who knew?" Look, Thalia, you might want to mention the complete immunity to fire and dark attacks. That would be a little bit more useful.

    While Permafrost Ice Cave's bosses descriptions are better done - the blue Ekko's is "Encases enemies in strong ice" while the blue Phenol's is "Adept at destroying blocks of ice", pretty important information - there's no mention of the blue Ekko being 100% spirit immune. You have to go through the whole dungeon to find that out, which is too late.

    I'd much rather the damage reductions were cut down from 100% to 50% or something. That way the devs don't have to waste time going through all the tooltips and odd cases while still encouraging variety.
    Post edited by Stinky on
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com