Kozar Boarhunter Loot Pass

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited September 28 in General Discussion
5zy2d19yw6ey.png

Hey folks!

The new Kozar Boarhunter skin is now available! We're trying something different with this skin release: A loot pass! By purchasing this loot pass (which we've priced lower than previous skin purchases), you'll unlock four days worth of quests, including a quest chain that pays out the Kozar Boarhunter skin when completed! Don't worry, we haven't put anything too difficult in there, but we think that the lower price combined with an interactive, but not prohibitive unlocking process will make for a more enjoyable experience all around. The loot pass also includes a unique title, and will give you a chance to find gold imp enemies in dungeons that drop lots of gold when killed!

In total, the loot pass quests pay out:
  • The Kozar Boarhunter skin
  • 15 Kozar tokens
  • 1,300,000 gold
  • 400 gems

NOTE: The Loot Pass quests operate on an independent timer that is started when the Loot Pass is purchased. You will have four days to complete the quests, regardless of when you buy it.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Dungeon boss has sunken to a new low. Losing heart for this game real quick.
  • Pay to pay. Sad
  • You can keep that skin.
  • DeathriftxDeathriftx Member
    edited September 27
    I know you're trying something new, with this battle pa- loot pass but please don't ever try it again. I'm sure many people would be fine buying just the skin with money, instead of this.
  • Way to involve the community in naming the skin just to turn around and prevent most of the community from actually getting it.

Also, “pay us money to unlock content that then requires you to use your time and resources just to unlock what you paid for” is a business model that has exactly zero chance of making people happy. Either straight up sell the skin or don’t.

Substitute other purchases with this model to see how obnoxious it is. “Thank you for your $10 purchase of stamina. You’ll receive 5 stamina every time you win a pvp raid.”
    “Buy $50 worth of gems. You’ll receive 15 gems for every boss mode dungeon you run.”
  • Gotta say, I'm a little disconcerted by this part of the event. I don't want what I have to say to come off as just constant griping about changes, as many recent changes have been good. I get that $10 isn't a lot, but the fact that the PvE portion of this event is locked behind a paywall puts a sour taste in my mouth. This fact that a significant chunk of the event is pay to play seems like a poor decision, especially when its unrelated to the PvP event that people are going to actually be spending money on. Dev's have full licence over decisions of course, I'm just saying either commit and charge $20 to win an event, or keep the content free and encourage funds through other ways.
  • Way to involve the community in naming the skin just to turn around and prevent most of the community from actually getting it.

Also, “pay us money to unlock content that then requires you to use your time and resources just to unlock what you paid for” is a business model that has exactly zero chance of making people happy. Either straight up sell the skin or don’t.

Substitute other purchases with this model to see how obnoxious it is. “Thank you for your $10 purchase of stamina. You’ll receive 5 stamina every time you win a pvp raid.”
    “Buy $50 worth of gems. You’ll receive 15 gems for every boss mode dungeon you run.”
    You'd think so, but it seems to work for Fortnite. Of course, in Fortnite you get more than a skin on a character you'll never actually use...
  • The price point is fine (considering previous $$$ skins) and unlocking a quest line is a nice touch.

Would be better if you received skin right away and then could choose to complete the quests. I can imagine the scenario where one buys the Loot Pass and doesn’t complete the quest. $10 for no skin would be frustrating.
  • It’s £10 in the Uk, just to salt the wounds. And no long term player needs gems or gold. I have 300 million of the former and 20,000 gems doing nothing. The Kozar token adds a tiny amount of aether to an enormous pile. This is going to generate a storm of resentment and backlash. Stupid.
  • Hard pass. Just play as normal during this ‘event’, I guess
  • I just bought this pass and it charged my card but told me that the purchase failed... Please fix this!!!!!!!
  • Be lovely if it actually worked. Takes your money and gives you nothing. Wonderful start.
    I will yeah...Momdukz ™️
  • I also just bought this pass. It accepted. Charged me. Then gave me an error. POS game if you ask me. I now remember why i gave up so long ago.f7l9vw8lc9c5.jpg
  • 00im5ftsma0l.jpg
  • money hungry! youre dreaming if you think im gonna pay for this!
  • I also got this bug. it charged my card but told me that the purchase failed...and i cant even open a support ticket. im so pissed.
  • I got this bug too - opened a support ticket. Anyone know how long these take to resolve?
  • Mr3XL wrote: »
    I got this bug too - opened a support ticket. Anyone know how long these take to resolve?

@Mr3XL at least 2 business days. So, sometime next week
  • just recieved it. the game updated and it seems that its fixed. tks staff
  • A sad day - the iris bonus pack issue combined with some recent "mistakes" in advertising and now direct pay to participate in quests?

No matter what spin you try to put on it, this is a clear change in strategy to further disadvantage those who cannot or will not pay when you say they should and a cover for what appears to be an ever increasing money grab. Until now I wanted to think the most innocent of motives, with understandable mistakes, but these changes, and their explanations, are beginning to raise the hair on the back of my neck.

As the famous saying says, "I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night."
  • DB_StanleyDB_Stanley Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    As @BlacKKnighT666 has noticed, the latest update should resolve the issue with purchasing the Boarhunter Loot Pass. For those who purchased, you should see your first quest of that Kozar's Quest line completed.
  • The skin will be free in Halloween 2020. Paying for new bling is nothing new or unexpected.
  • Forcing people to buy to complete a quest line... That's very annoying to see this carrot dangled every time I go to see my quests.

Major turn off.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • Yeah, making us vote to name the skin, *then* doing it like this, is totally a jerk move.

Plastering it at the top of the quest and event list is totally trying to incite fear-of-missing-out.
  • I had a big wall of text written up trying to explain that you guys really shouldnt be so mad about dungeon boss making a cosmetic item cost money, but I decided to try and write something more simple.
    They cant just keep making everything free and its better to make cosmetic items free than to sell game breaking runes for cash.
  • Looks like I got hit with this bug too. But when submitting a ticket, it says zendesk support is now gone, and to submit via dungeon boss. That would be great, but the link provided to me is only an FAQ list. No way to submit. I am not sure what I can do.
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    edited September 28
    Although I'm not surprised this skin is locked behind a pay wall (nothing new), it's a shame 'trying something new' still means having the pay wall. And I don't understand how being forced to pay could be interpreted as a 'more enjoyable experience'. It's the same experience as it was before.

Y'know, not that much before because skins used to come out as events with quest lines for free. But I guess BF decided skins sell well?
  • Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the quest rewards are like for this?
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • @Bryan yes, everybody does. Read the original post.
  • @MaxBeamer - Duh... Thank you. Yeah, this purchase is a nope for me. :/
    Bryan79
    Potato Society