Aria Buff Suggestions

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited October 2 in Feedback & Suggestions
Since Ember has recently been reworked, and Aria remains relatively unimpressive, I thought I'd pitch a few of my ideas on how to improve her.

Stat buffs:
+ Atk
+ Defense
+ Skill

Passive changes:
- Remove Quick Starter I/II
- New passive, 'Rise and Shine', allowing all Light allies on Aria's team to start with full energy.
- Speed of Light Team change: Grants Light allies +20% Atk/Def, +10% Dodge, plus Light allies are Fast and Slow immune for the first turn of battle.
- Inhuman Reflexes change: Based on level of Ascension, chance to attack twice increases. 0A: 25%, 1A: 50%, 2A: 100%
- New passive, 'Did I Strike a Nerve?', granting all Rogue allies a chance to apply Nerve Damage on any single-target attack.

Ability changes:
- Provoking Poke: Should do full damage. Currently scales off half the Atk value other heroes' basic attacks do, essentially making it deal half damage.
- Sand in the Eyes: Increase base damage. Purges buffs on the target before attacking. Also should deal splash damage to all non-target enemies, and apply 'Blinded' to all enemies damaged by the attack (-Atk/Def, currently Deadeye's unique debuff). Reduce cooldown to 5.
- Hurricane Flurry I/II: Increase base damage significantly. Reduce cooldown to 4.
- Primed Twist: When used, grants 'Primed' to ALL Rogue allies. Also grants Aria +2 energy. Reduce cooldown to 5.

Let me know what you think. Would she still be under-powered? Would she be too powerful? We can all agree she at least needs a buff.

Obviously she'd still get crushed by Dwarves, but I think that's fair. If she was to become super strong, she'd need a solid counter.

Comments

• Still, think she should be immune to a perfect swing. This only means that perfect swing enemies have the same chance to hit Aria as everyone else, and can't hit her at all when dazed. This isn't a big deal considering Dagrund literally cleanses a buff every turn. She's legendary, and pretty tough to get, and star, not to mention hardest hero to ascend in the game. If Solaris gets to revive entire teams and Zomm gets to disease your entire team without even hitting someone, I think this is pretty fair.
  • Fighting against a 75% dodge Aria is fun, interactive, skill intensive and non luck based gameplay.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    MysteriosX wrote: »
    Fighting against a 75% dodge Aria is fun, interactive, skill intensive and non luck based gameplay.

And that’s exactly why she shouldn’t ignore Perfect Swing.
  • I mean that means Hagrim would 1 shot her before she deals any real damage.
    Deathriftx wrote: »
    I mean that means Hagrim would 1 shot her before she deals any real damage.

Great. He should. The Dwarves are really the only heroes (with some exceptions) who have Perfect Swing.
  • Then she would just be like Malice. Great hero, dies before she does anything notable. Dwarves would still win against her due to Dagrund's cleansing. Or they could have perfect swing on her until dazed/offbalance, and they'll just have the chance to miss but not guaranteed miss,
    Deathriftx wrote: »
    Then she would just be like Malice. Great hero, dies before she does anything notable. Dwarves would still win against her due to Dagrund's cleansing. Or they could have perfect swing on her until dazed/offbalance, and they'll just have the chance to miss but not guaranteed miss,

I don't see why you'd run Aria on defense, even if she got buffed. She was clearly made to be a raid hero. So you'd just not bring her against Dwarves. It's okay for heroes to have solid counters.

And Malice isn't a fair comparison, she REALLY needs a buff.
  • why we need her if she can't be in def then?
    even with this buffs i don't see any use, teams that doesn't have perfect swing can be done with assasins, except barbs, dwarfs will hit her in 1 or 2 hits, no sense at all, better make her immune to perfect swing or assassins leader with some synergy.
    DevilJhons wrote: »
    why we need her if she can't be in def then?
    even with this buffs i don't see any use, teams that doesn't have perfect swing can be done with assasins, except barbs, dwarfs will hit her in 1 or 2 hits, no sense at all, better make her immune to perfect swing or assassins leader with some synergy.

The devs have clearly stated they're not making any heroes Immune to perfect swing, and I completely agree. It really only helps against heroes with dodge chance, which are Rogues and Assassins, so having one be Immune to it completely ruins the point. Aria should be at least decent against heroes who don't have perfect swing.
    The goal of buffing Aria is to make her useful against... Well, anyone really. Right now she can hardly even fight non-Perfect Swing heroes. She shouldn't be able to win against Perfect Swing heroes. Not every hero has to be able to defeat every other hero, or have a way to win every fight. That's why this game is based around team building.

The idea that a hero has to be good on both Offense and Defense is also something I don't agree with. The Assassins are clearly made for Offense only, and heroes like Furnace, Emily, and Solaris are more Defense based. You can have Assassins or the previously mentioned heroes on Defense, but it requires certain other allies to make it work. The same goes for Aria. She doesn't have to be able to do everything by herself.
  • DevilJhons wrote: »

The devs have clearly stated they're not making any heroes Immune to perfect swing, and I completely agree. It really only helps against heroes with dodge chance, which are Rogues and Assassins, so having one be Immune to it completely ruins the point. Aria should be at least decent against heroes who don't have perfect swing.
    The goal of buffing Aria is to make her useful against... Well, anyone really. Right now she can hardly even fight non-Perfect Swing heroes. She shouldn't be able to win against Perfect Swing heroes. Not every hero has to be able to defeat every other hero, or have a way to win every fight. That's why this game is based around team building.

The idea that a hero has to be good on both Offense and Defense is also something I don't agree with. The Assassins are clearly made for Offense only, and heroes like Furnace, Emily, and Solaris are more Defense based. You can have Assassins or the previously mentioned heroes on Defense, but it requires certain other allies to make it work. The same goes for Aria. She doesn't have to be able to do everything by herself.

well, last updates on beasts, barbs, dwarfs, honorbound, show us that teams can be good in atck and def, updates on some heroes like agnon, lilly, emily, ferno, shade also fit this rule, why aria shouldn't also be good? it can be something like parry passive, for all assasins or i don't know, she can start with some buff that will counter all passives or give her increased dodge chance even vs pf. otherwise she and assasins will suck, seriously, why i need to use hero that can(?) give me some questionable advantage once in month if i met some specific team, when i can use 100% quality hero that perfectly fit my team, and can do same or better job, because he\she is good against most teams, not just specific and don't have weakness, that allows to 1 shot this hero? I can understand you, but devs clearly showed, that heroes with dodge not welcome here, even vs team, that they should counter,

well, last updates on beasts, barbs, dwarfs, honorbound, show us that teams can be good in atck and def, updates on some heroes like agnon, lilly, emily, ferno, shade also fit this rule, why aria shouldn't also be good? it can be something like parry passive, for all assasins or i don't know, she can start with some buff that will counter all passives or give her increased dodge chance even vs pf. otherwise she and assasins will suck, seriously, why i need to use hero that can(?) give me some questionable advantage once in month if i met some specific team, when i can use 100% quality hero that perfectly fit my team, and can do same or better job, because he\she is good against most teams, not just specific and don't have weakness, that allows to 1 shot this hero? I can understand you, but devs clearly showed, that heroes with dodge not welcome here, even vs team, that they should counter,

I think there's two changes that could be made to help out Aria and the Assassins.

First, nerf the damage bonus from Dwarven Resolve. I've seen numbers around 3.5x and higher, just because they have some Dodge Chance. Maybe 1.5x damage, perhaps even 2x at the limit - but the damage Dwarves deal to heroes who can Dodge is a little much if you ask me. (Btw, same goes for Agnon's Plummeting Doom. The threshold for 'high defense' is clearly too low, hence why he can easily do over 8x damage with the attack.)

Secondly, perhaps Aria may not be able to dodge attacks from Dwarves/other heroes with Perfect Swing, but she could possibly get a passive that could give her damage reduction against heroes with Perfect Swing. That way, the bonus of Perfect Swing isn't technically negated, and Aria would still be able to counter it. I think if such a thing were to happen, the damage reduction should at least counter-act the damage bonus that the Dwarves would get from attacking her. Maybe it should lower the damage even further.

Either way, there's ways to buff Aria that don't just involve making her immune to Perfect Swing.
  • DevilJhons wrote: »

I think there's two changes that could be made to help out Aria and the Assassins.

First, nerf the damage bonus from Dwarven Resolve. I've seen numbers around 3.5x and higher, just because they have some Dodge Chance. Maybe 1.5x damage, perhaps even 2x at the limit - but the damage Dwarves deal to heroes who can Dodge is a little much if you ask me. (Btw, same goes for Agnon's Plummeting Doom. The threshold for 'high defense' is clearly too low, hence why he can easily do over 8x damage with the attack.)

Secondly, perhaps Aria may not be able to dodge attacks from Dwarves/other heroes with Perfect Swing, but she could possibly get a passive that could give her damage reduction against heroes with Perfect Swing. That way, the bonus of Perfect Swing isn't technically negated, and Aria would still be able to counter it. I think if such a thing were to happen, the damage reduction should at least counter-act the damage bonus that the Dwarves would get from attacking her. Maybe it should lower the damage even further.

Either way, there's ways to buff Aria that don't just involve making her immune to Perfect Swing.

yeah this passive is killing me, dwarfs already have swing, why x vs dodge needed, i saw 3.8 max btw, well, if aria could reduce it to usuall attack, it could be a way.