The Goblin Rune War Has Begun!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
jv8899mxhkhs.png

Thanks for your patience, folks! The Goblin Rune War has begun!!

Cruel King Bramble is leading his Goblin kin across the land to squash their enemies and maybe find something tasty for dinner!

Meanwhile, High King Valkin has put the finishing touches on his Epic weapons Hugin and Munin (which you can read about HERE)!

Prepare for battle!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Phouka79Phouka79 Member
    edited October 4
    Got the download but it’s still not showing the rune war.

Edit: I am also using an iPhone (iOS 12)
  • Also not showing up for me; iOS phone.
  • So is this another event that is only available to a "select" group of players, or are you guys just maintaining your streak of bugged events. Still not visible to high level, high VIP account.
    ddb02fujrcxi.jpg

• Yup, got the download but no rune war yet. Maybe tomorrow?
  • Maybe it’s like the Kozar skin quest and we have to pay to unlock the rune war so we can do quests to maybe get tickets to buy stuff in the shop?
  • Nope, that’s a swing and a miss. No event yet.
  • It's up for me now
  • Partially up for me. Event shows as GOBLIN rune war. Shop shows event, gold, and items tabs. No quests showing. Will this be completely available before the end of day one?
    ddb02fujrcxi.jpg

• So are you meaning to tell us that we have a goblin rune war with the only potentially usable pvp ones being a kozar and Bramble team?
    I’m really hoping you’re updating the goblins at once or something or giving them a special buff for this event only at least because the way the old goblins are we’re basically only winning pvp by luck or finding really bad defenses. Or atleast, that’s for the lower levels.

I don’t mean to be sounding ungrateful for the work you put into your heroes But I’m just curious as to which way you’re going to steer this rune war since it’s actually unchanged goblins this time.
    Favorite hero: Lupina
    Just a player looking to interact with the community in a peaceful manner
  • Event quests now up. Shop still broken. Maybe by morning it will be right.
    ddb02fujrcxi.jpg

• Quests and Shop are up and running for me just now (Android)
  • @sirolk99, all of your shop? Mine is still missing the gems tab and all cash purchase options.
    ddb02fujrcxi.jpg

• StinkyStinky Member
    So I want to know if there's any point trying to get the epic via tickets if I'm not willing to pay cold hard cash. What's the amount of tickets you get for completing all of the quests? Day 1 gives out 8k tickets, so if every day gives out that many then that's 56k tickets. Then there's another 50k tickets for doing all of the repeatables. Is that right?

• @sirolk99, all of your shop? Mine is still missing the gems tab and all cash purchase options.
    Yes, all of it including gems and cash...

• @Stinky They have that gem offer for 75,000 Tickets & 300 Stamina for 8,000 Gems. It’s a lot, but the choice is up to you.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hm, would've been a perfect time to re-work the Goblins again. Maybe next time?
  • I agree this would have been the perfect opportunity for a rework
  • Exactly how difficult is it to make the descriptions match the items offered in the shop?t43phvotbitt.jpeg
  • lost_jumper1lost_jumper1 Member
    edited October 5
    This event showed me that I completely over looked how awesome kozars updates were. He has 100percent purge n provoke on melee attacks. The recent rune rewards fit him so nice. Att att hp vamps in purple. The recent hp hp att burningnskin in red. Taunt in green. And I have a def def hp freeze skin in blue. But u can put something else in his blue long story short I was able to knock out all the goblin PvP quests with kozar. He does not have to be used vs scrub teams. Agnon emily Ekko kozar/Agnon ferno emily kozar/ shade hopper kozar zomm/ felhorn emily valkin kozar. Are some of the teams I used to make over a 20streak with kozar. Defenses that rely on Lilly vines r kozar weakness. But kozar is Solid! 6losses was the cost of forcing kozar. But I have over 40k tickets and was able to stay in top 5. So don't be intimidated by how hard past goblin PvP quests have been.

P.S. Kozar loves to fight barbs
  • Stinky wrote: »
    So I want to know if there's any point trying to get the epic via tickets if I'm not willing to pay cold hard cash. What's the amount of tickets you get for completing all of the quests? Day 1 gives out 8k tickets, so if every day gives out that many then that's 56k tickets. Then there's another 50k tickets for doing all of the repeatables. Is that right?

After day one I ranked up over 40K of tickets. I did burn through a surplus of gems I had been saving, but if I have 6 more days I think it can be managed without having to hit the hip.

When do the event quests refresh?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    NekoAtsume wrote: »
    Exactly how difficult is it to make the descriptions match the items offered in the shop?t43phvotbitt.jpeg

They must've hired Gabe Newell to write that part.
  • @Joel - I have not received the corrected fire healer rune, whereas some of my guild mates have. How do I see this get resolved? Thanks!
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited October 5
    DwarvenAle wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »

After day one I ranked up over 40K of tickets. I did burn through a surplus of gems I had been saving, but if I have 6 more days I think it can be managed without having to hit the hip.

When do the event quests refresh?
    The new daily event quests land at 9pm GMT. That's half an hour away, if that's easier for time zone conversion.
  • Event refresh is late again. Also, my dungeon refresh was 6 minutes behind. Not happy about this.
  • TopKnight wrote: »
    Event refresh is late again. Also, my dungeon refresh was 6 minutes behind. Not happy about this.

well misery likes company. I'm still waiting...
  • @Joel No day 2 quests yet
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Zalivoin wrote: »
    @Joel No day 2 quests yet
    I shouldn't have posted that the quests were supposed to come at 9pm GMT because I've clearly jinxed it.
  • Close and restart app, Day 2 quests and dungeon are active now...
  • any explanation on the rune swapping from a def green double attack rune to a burning touch red rune?
  • Day 4, and now day 3 dungeon is locked again. Just when we are supposed to collect water runes.