Renfrey the Valorous and the Paladins

BasherblastBasherblast Member
edited October 11 in Community Creations
Welcome!

If you are reading this, then you probably like dungeon boss, and also are interested in fan-made heroes. Here is something I have made, and would like to now share with the community. So now lets take a look at the Paladins:

The Paladins main purpose is to continually boost their Defense and Max Health, so that they can outlast Revival teams. Using their Shields, they gain an extra bar of health (so that they will in a sense need to be killed twice, and also when the shield breaks it the attack doesn't continue to deal damage to the 2nd health bar), which further increases their values as a team. I have left out damage values, but you should be able to figure it out (and if you have questions ask me below).

PRE-HERO NOTES:

Buffs:

+ Perfect Guard: Gives owner 50% Damage Reflection, 25% chance to Block attacks, and gives a permanent 25% bonus to Defense when first applied. Modifies abilities for some heroes (Lasts for 4 turns. Cannot be Purged or Stolen, but can have the buff's length extended).

+ Energy Boost: Energy Costs are reduced by 1 (Permanent. Can be Purged and is Purged instead of being Stolen).

+ Unholy Hunter: Deals (lvl1: 1.5, lvl2: 2, lvl3: 2.5) times damage to Undead, Monsters, and Demons (Lasts for 3 turns. Can be Purged, Stolen, and can have its length extended)

and now..

THE PALADINS:

Renfrey the Valorous

vvounpua2v2v.png

Background: Renfrey is the most Honorable, Courageous, and Legendary knight in all the land. What is less legendary is his Singing..

Element: Light

Traits: Legendary, Paladin, Warrior

( No Ascensions )

Passives:

+ Shield: This character has an extra bar of health based off their Total Defense at the start of the Dungeon (including Runes, Passives, and Buffs). Shields can only be repaired.

em9r7kgflp4j.png

+ Armored: Takes 25% less damage from Physical attacks.

jepwpxqxkswk.png

+ Upholding Honor: Allied Paladins do 2.5x damage to Taunting/Provoking enemies, and when an allied Paladin is killed, all allied Paladins attack the killer.

1i1bncevtom4.png

Attacks:

+ (Basic Attack) Valorous Slam: Hits a single target for __% Melee Light damage with 10% chance to apply Daze to the target. OR If Perfect Guard is active, hits all enemies with a Melee Physical attack for __% damage to all targets, with a 10% apply Magnified Light.

emn7lk11g0ym.png

+ Perfect Guard: Readies his shield, causing him to gain Perfect Guard. If this is applied while Renfrey The Valorous has no shield or Perfect Guard is active, it will cause target Paladin to regain their shield with health equal to their defense at the time (and then apply Perfect Guard if Renfrey's Shield is returned). *4 ENERGY*

y57rlbv7cexa.png

( 1st Ascension )

Evos:

+ Light Evo Monarch: 18
+ Water Evo: 32
+ Astral Evo: 2
+ Brawny Evo: 4

New Passives:

+ Bulwark: Allies are given a 15% buff to Max Health and a 20% buff to Defense for every Paladin on your team.

06trdsqeuz49.png

New Special:

+ Champion’s Volley: Pulls out a longbow and shoots the target enemy for __% Ranged Physical damage, Purging all buffs on the target. OR If Perfect Guard is active, Arrows are shot at all targets hitting 3 times for __% Ranged Light damage, with a 25% chance to Shock. *4 ENERGY*

mcam4ktcbjt8.png

( 2nd Ascension )

Evos:

+ Light Evo Monarch: 35
+ Diamond Evo: 5
+ Jeweled Evo: 10
+ Valkyrie Evo: 8

New Passives:

+ Armored 2: Takes 50% less damage from Physical attacks.

jepwpxqxkswk.png

+ Final Cover: When a shield is broken, the shield's owner gains an Aegis Shield, and allied Paladins Max health is boosted by 25%.

j681wf9xcyc1.png

New Special:

+ Barrier Smash: Smashing his shield into the ground, a giant bolt of lightning hits all enemies for __% Ranged Lightning damage, Shocking all targets. OR If Perfect Guard is active, ram a single target for __% Melee Physical damage, applying Daze and Reset Energy cooldowns. After this Defense is permanently boosted by 25%, and Perfect Guard is Purged. Starts Powered. *4 ENERGY*

ntkiars1zktk.png

Explanation:

Originally named Renfrey the Honorable (before Honorbounds were released), he is made to show what you would expect of a Light Paladin by using words such as Valorous, Champions, Honor, etc.. His 'legendary gimmick' (like Valkin's switching To War or Zomm's Zomminions), is Perfect guard which acts like Snow Day by modifying abilities.

Armored 2, is higher due to how bulky his armor is (I mean, how could he even move his head in that).

Renfrey is a Warrior since he focuses around Perfect Guard as his signature, and that is not in any way a taunt (so he couldn't be the Paladin Tank)

For more info, ask below.

Sir William (REMASTERED)

3ws6rbzmq3s6.png

Element: Water

Traits: Paladin, Tank

( No Ascensions )

Passives:

+ Shield: This character has an extra bar of health based off their Total Defense at the start of the Dungeon (including Runes, Passives, and Buffs). Shields can only be repaired.

em9r7kgflp4j.png

jepwpxqxkswk.png

+ Repulse: Allied Paladins have a 10% chance to Block attacks (Shield takes no damage), and then revenge against the attacker. This only works while Shields are active.

x0nfcg6qdhej.png

Attacks:

+ (Basic) Shield Slam: Hits target with his shield, dealing __% Melee Physical damage with a 15% chance to Daze. Becomes Swing (deals __% Melee Physical damage), if shield is broken.

dm937oeppp8p.png

+ Bring it On: Forces enemies to target single attacks on this character, buffing Defense by 65% and boosting Attack by 7% when hit, with a 100% chance to Revenge any attacks. *5 ENERGY*

stx3zcwezuay.png

( 1st Ascension )

Evos:

+ Dark Evo Larva: 4
+ Water Evo Larva: 12
+ Water Evo: 4

New Passives:

+ Shield and Sword: Allied Warriors and Paladins have their Damage Penetration increased by 10%, and allied Tanks and Paladins have their Damage Reduction increased by 10%.

3usic6h2t0z3.png

+ Courageous Knight: Cannot be Feared and will jump in-front of a single-target attack that would be a killing blow against an ally.

bm6k0owq3u0x.png

+ Repulse 2: Allied Paladins have a 20% chance to Block attacks (Shield takes no damage), and then revenge against the attacker. This only works while Shields are active.

x0nfcg6qdhej.png

New Special:

+ Protective Strike: Buffing allies Defense by 30% (for 3 turns) and Paladins Max Health permanently by 20%, Sir William then hits an enemy for damage equal to his Defense with a Melee Physical attack. Starts Powered. *5 ENERGY*

4aebaak54ebo.png

( 2nd Ascension )

Evos:

+ Dark Evo Larva: 15
+ Stormwind Evo: 4
+ Water Evo: 7

New Passives:

+ Protector of the Realm: Takes less damage from Beast, Demon, Monster, and Undead enemies and deals 2x damage to those enemy types.

lj4yxgyiro2l.png

+ Repulse 3: Allied Paladins have a 30% chance to Block attacks (Shield takes no damage), and then revenge against the attacker. This only works while Shields are active.

x0nfcg6qdhej.png

+ Shield and Sword 2: Allied Warriors and Paladins have their Damage Penetration increased by 15%, and allied Tanks and Paladins have their Damage Reduction increased by 15%.

3usic6h2t0z3.png

New Special:

+ Last Stand: Melee Physical attack on target enemy for __% with splash damage and adds an Unbreakable Heart buff to all allies that lasts for 3 turns. *5 ENERGY*

tq6le3hbu5ec.png

( EPIC! )

Bonuses:

+ 10% Health
+ 20% Attack
+ 30% Skill

Ability:

+ Deals 3x damage, gives allies Tit for Tat for 4 turns, and activates Bring it On if it is not active.

Explanation:

Being the tank of the Paladins, Sir William required something to stand out, and with his semi-recent update I was limited in what I could do to him. Keeping to his roots as one of the first tanks you unlock, he starts out ready to defend with a taunt and now with Repulse (which upgrades with each ascension). On being ascended once he gains Shield and Sword (and Shield and Sword 2 on final ascension), which gives Damage Reduction and Penetration, and like with his Water Guard (removed in favor of this, due to it being able to affect a much broader range of heroes), can work at the beginning of the game by buffing Stone Fist and Rogar. The last changes I have made, are making Bring it On buff attack when hit, and reworking Guarding Strike to Protective Strike. This ability's major change was that its damage would now be significant, as constant boosts to defense would make this a heavy hitting attack.

I have not made changes to Last Stand, Courageous Knight, and Protector of the Realm (but there may be typos that I haven't noticed).

Augustus (REMASTERED)

abhzvi9tuz73.png

Element: Light

Traits: Paladin, Healer

( No Ascensions )

Passives:

+ Shield: This character has an extra bar of health based off their Total Defense at the start of the Dungeon. Buffs to defense change the health of this shield, and shields can only be repaired.

nolu9gyba5ak.png

jepwpxqxkswk.png

+ Spread the Wealth: At the end of Augustus’s turn, allies Max Health is increased by 1.5% (3% for Paladins)

v76h3nanu4e4.png

Attacks:

+ Shield Slam: Hits target with his shield, dealing __% Melee Physical damage with a 15% chance to Daze. Becomes Swing (deals __% Melee Physical damage), if shield is broken.

dm937oeppp8p.png

+ Smite: Effecting allies with Unholy Hunter (UNHOLY HUNTER: deals 1.5 times damage to Undead, Monsters, and Demons), Augustus then hits a single target for __% Melee Light damage applying Wound, Magnified Light, and Purges 1 buff. *5 ENERGY*

7nto32li7zt6.png

( 1st Ascension )

Evos:

+ Astral Evo: 2
+ Dark Evo Larva: 10
+ Light Evo Larva: 25
+ Light Evo: 5

New Passives:

+ Holy Shroud: If on a team without Demons, Monsters or Undead, Augustus becomes immune to Spirit Damage and take 25% less damage from Monsters, Demons, and Undead.

ig8m5su7d1pb.png

+ Spread the Wealth 2: At the end of Augustus’s turn, allies Max Health is increased by 2% (4% for Paladins).

v76h3nanu4e4.png

New Special:

+ Smite 2: Effecting allies with Unholy Hunter (UNHOLY HUNTER: deals 2 times damage to Undead, Monsters, and Demons), Augustus then hits a single target for __% Melee Light damage applying Wound, Magnified Light, and Purges 2 buffs. *5 ENERGY*

7nto32li7zt6.png

+ Full Cleanse: Targets an ally, healing them fully OR repairs a shield for __% of its max health if the target is a Paladin (and has their shield active). For both choices, Cleanses all debuffs. Starts Powered. *4 ENERGY*

8bhr2crj90k9.png

( 2nd Ascension )

Evos:

+ Diamond Evo: 2
+ Jewled Evo: 8
+ Light Evo Monarch: 15
+ Nature Evo: 25

New Passives:

+ Spread the Wealth 3: At the end of Augustus’s turn, allies Max Health is increased by 2.5% (5% for Paladins).

v76h3nanu4e4.png

+ Holy Shroud 2: If on a team without Demons, Monsters or Undead, Augustus becomes immune to Spirit Damage and take 50% less damage from Monsters, Demons, and Undead.
+
3usgvxztjp5u.png

+ Divine Energies: At the start of the Dungeon all Light and Paladin allies are given Energy Boost (ENERGY BOOST: Energy Costs are reduced by 1).

yzbjawj16ngj.png

New Special:

+ Smite 3: Effecting allies with Unholy Hunter (UNHOLY HUNTER: deals 2.5 times damage to Undead, Monsters, and Demons), Augustus then hits a single target for __% Melee Light damage applying Wound, Magnified Light, and Purges 3 buffs. *5 ENERGY*

7nto32li7zt6.png

+ Warding Aegis: Buffs allies Defense permanently by 35%, then gives all allies Aegis Shield. If an ally has one of these Aegis Shields removed, the attacker will gain Reduced Defense by 40% for 2 turns. *5 ENERGY*

eaym3yfxlae6.png

( EPIC! )

Bonuses:

+ 10% Attack
+ 20% Health
+ 10% CRIT Chance

Ability:

+ Deals 2.5x damage, Cleanses 2 debuffs on allies, Purges all buffs on target and gives self Invincible for one turn on CRIT.

Explanation:

Augustus is the original Paladin (also if this were to be added, his skin would become Templar Augustus), and due to the existence of Solaris and Emily, regular healers need a serious boost to their abilities. For this reason I have remade all his passives, and some of his specials. First, He has been given Divine Energies, which gives Energy Boost to allies. This ability is really what would make him useful with Emily (yes this would be overpowered I know), the Assassins, etc.. The next change of interest, would be Spread the Wealth, which now fits the Paladins by buffing their max health continuously (but still keeps somewhat with its original purpose), so that by the time their shield runs out, they have a huge amount of health to pull them through. Smite has been boosted to make it more useful, but still have the same basic workings. Full Cleanse, now fully heals a single ally, with full cleanse, and can repair shields. Warding Aegis (instead of Aegis Wall), was a change I made, so that Augustus couldn't heal all heroes at once, but it still would likely be useful with its bonus to Defense.

Shieldmaiden Astrid

tis8tjbbllqr.png

Elements: Fire

Traits: Paladin, Warrior

( No Ascensions )

Passives:

+ Shield: This character has an extra bar of health based off their Total Defense at the start of the Dungeon. Buffs to defense change the health of this shield, and shields can only be repaired.

nolu9gyba5ak.png

jepwpxqxkswk.png

+ Unholy Hunter 2: This character deals 2 times damage to Undead, Demons, and Monsters.

6x3pw5ju0n52.png

+ Cloth Guardian: Increase Defense by 15% for all Caster and Healer allies.

i0xqw6fzsqb9.png

Attacks:

+ Swing: Deals __% Melee Physical damage.

vd0tb5z4xi6e.png

+ Boomerang Shield: Area of effect attack that hits all enemies for __% Ranged Physical damage, and on hit knocks the enemies Off-Balance, lowering Attack by 25%. *5 ENERGY*

dywycu7sxcs9.png

( 1st Ascension )

Evos:

+ Arcane Evo: 2
+ Fire Evo Larva: 20
+ Fire Evo Monarch: 35
+ Fire Evo: 25

New Passives:

+ Cloth Guardian 2: Increase Defense by 30% for all Caster and Healer allies.

i0xqw6fzsqb9.png

+ Tenacious Rebound: If on a team with Renfrey the Valorous, has a 25% chance to use Boomerang Shield at the end of each round.

dywycu7sxcs9.png

New Special:

+ Embarrassing Jab: Melee Physical attack on an enemy for __% Attack damage and Provoke the target, Reduce Defense by 45%, and Blocks CRIT (0% chance to CRIT). Starts Powered. *4 ENERGY*

xpy3labytoo7.png

( 2nd Ascension )

Evos:

+ Coldfire Evo: 8
+ Dark Evo: 39
+ Infinity Evo: 2
+ Nature Evo Monarch: 32

New Passives:

+ Cloth Guardian 3: Increase Defense by 50% for all Caster and Healer allies.

i0xqw6fzsqb9.png

+ Just a Scratch: Any melee or physical damage attacker that has a lower Attack rating than her Defense rating will only do 1 damage to her and will raise her Attack 10% (up to an additional 200%). Increase in Attack will reset with next encounter.

d621lk74pliz.png

New Special:

+ Derision: Transfers all debuffs to target, Provoke them, and Blocks their ability to CRIT. Then deals __% Melee Physical damage. *4 ENERGY*

v7ifj0e77o96.png

Explanation:

This is the last hero that I have made, and they have the least amount of changes. Like Masuta Kira, Astrid now has a Tenacious ability, she also gains a slightly stronger version of Embarrassing Jab and Derision.

I really don't know what else to say about her, but as i have repeatedly said:

Special Thanks:

+ Dungeon Boss Wiki (especially Crimson Kid for the Image of Renfrey the Honorable)

+ The Community (for making me think of posting this)

+ Dungeon Boss (because if not for the game I would never of thought of doing this)

Post edited by Basherblast on

Comments

• @Basherblast I feel like more should see this. I also see you got a token of the Whiteknight. I'm kinda interested on how that was composed. :)
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • Seriously good work. Love the shield mechanic, and I love the August rework too. A few notes, giving heroes a 50% chance to stun is a little strong, and having active moves that permanently buff stats is kinda against DB logic, and would be very very overpowered. Renfrey seems a little strong too, even for a legendary. That's a lot of debuffs he's putting out there. Crazy cool concept though, would be a good set of reworks for DB to consider
  • I've made some of the changes you mentioned by reducing the amount of debuffs that Renfrey can apply, and I also reduced the chance to Daze. The token for Renfrey was made in Photoshop by mixing some images just so you know.

But what you said about permanent stat boosts is one of the main points of the Paladins. They build up Max Health and Defense in order to become more powerful and difficult to kill off, but also this is not an uncommon thing to see with Max Health (Zomm, Dagrund, etc.), so why should Defense not work as well?

But if you need something to counter that I guess I can post one of the counters I made (just ask, may take a bit to format).
  • I love the paladin idea, I have a lvl 10 epic on my augustus, but gave up on him bc he had minimal synergy. I would totally use him again if this update happened.
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • yeah, It would be cool if there was a knight, or paladin subtype, yes, I know there is a honorbound group, but hey... Paladins are cool.
    With unnatural fear he stirs up a fright, To scared to stay and fight
    The enemy fled, Only to be struck dead
    As his purging pyre lit up the night