Help with creating a team (UPDATED: 10/26/2018)

VampyrkajVampyrkaj Member
edited October 26 in My Dungeon Discussion
Been using the team Lord Zomm, Shieldmaiden Astrid, Archangel Emily, and Drakk the Warlord.

All I'm happy with except Shieldmaiden Astrid (no matter how I build her she gets killed off way to easy), looking to replace her, any opinions?
Below is my current hero list:

Shade
Phenol Thoxian
Lord Zomm
Icebloom
Torchy
Archangel Emily
Drakk the Warlord
Leonidus
Balog the Loud
Rocky the Shiitake
Nitpick
Selwyn the Enduring
Deadeye
Marrow
Shadow Queen Daeris
Jibber Clenchjaw
Lupina
Jabber Clenchjaw
Shadowblade
Lady Nimriel
Willow Swift
Yasmin Bloom
Tsume
Julius
Samurai Takumi
Ekko
Dagrund Blacksmoke
Squinch
Bovus El Doro
Rogar Stonecrusher
Chief Nub Nub
Stone Fist
Phemus
Mangle Jaw
Hansuke Undying
Overlord Executum
Pontifex Mortis
Black Diamond
Sir William
Zurk
Kobal the Pestilent

^Yeah I kind of went on a major summoning beige lol, I was thinking of trying Shade instead of Astrid but not sure. Love a second opinion.

Thanks,
~*Vampyrka*~
~*Vampyrka*~

Current Level: 47
Current Team: Lord Zomm, Craw, Hansuke Undying, Shade
Post edited by Vampyrkaj on

Comments

• Swap out Nubs for Zomm. Sorry, but Nubs is not that good, and the sooner you dump him the better. Zomm, on the other hand, will prove very useful to you. Rune him up as defensively as you can.
  • VampyrkajVampyrkaj Member
    edited October 11
    Ah didn't know he wasn't all that good, I just recently started playing Dungeon Boss and games similar to it, in other games I always have a healer (at least at the very start) so thought Dungeon Boss would be the same (tried Yasmin, wasn't to happy with her), when I unlocked Chief thought he would be better, after reading his stuff). I switched them out and so far having much better luck, thank you for the help.
    ~*Vampyrka*~

• It's a shame because he used to be really good. I started playing at the start of this year and back then Nubs worked for PvE. Sadly, they nerfed healing across the board a few months after that, and both Yasmin and Nubs became terrible.

Basically, the change they made was to make healers need skill in order to get any healing done. Earlier on that's not really much of an option, though, since getting enough skill to make a difference generally makes healers squishy. As a result, your best bet for recovering health is through effects like lifesteal (which Zomm has inherently) or resurrecting heroes/raising teamates as Zomminions.
  • VampyrkajVampyrkaj Member
    edited October 13
    A friend (who played the game for about 2 years) I asked who I should use for a healer a while back -- I've been debating on trying the game a while, I finally decided to try it about 3 days ago and enjoying it -- anyway she said "Chief has always been good". I didn't know they nerfed them since then. I probably shouldn't have asked her now that I think about it since it's been about 2-3 years since she played so alot could've changed in that time period lol. Guess I didn't think of that.

I've been playing off and on all day since you helped me out, having much better luck with using Zomm. Before I was pretty much constantly getting killed (even by people with no runed monsters and lower level than me *hides in embarrassment*, since using Zomm I've done a lot of battles and got completely killed off maybe twice (MUCH better). Think Zomm is sticking around for a long time on my teams. Thanks again.
    Post edited by Vampyrkaj on
    ~*Vampyrka*~

• Updated first post
    ~*Vampyrka*~

• Not sure how good your main heros are or which you consider "best" for your team, Rocky and balog pairs well with drakk because Rocky gives him haste and if he survives can silence someone while balog passively buffs drakk and silences everyone turn one, shade and hansuke both pair well with zomm shade gives zomm shrouded and hansuke can let zomm attack twice if he kills someone
  • In this corrupt non-healing world, tanks are gonna die unless you overpower the enemy in terms of rune power. So, you'll find that for the most part they're there to provide utility for the rest of the team.

I think you can go two ways. One is like Ududu2 said and replace Astrid with Balog. To get the most out of Drakk you want at least one other barbarian. Usually he's teamed with both Abigail and Balog. For PvP, Abi is fast, provides a serious +attack boost on round one along with a stack of rage for all barbs; in the campaign she provides a reactive +def bonus for barbarians which might help Balog survive longer. In either setting she can hit like a truck. You can try and get ahold of Abi from tokens in the campaign, or test your luck with the gold portal. Unfortunately, she's the only desirable hero in there, really. While you get five golden chests per 10x summon, there are thirteen heroes you can get tokens for, so don't go that route if gold is tight.

Another important aspect of Balog is that once teamed with Drakk, he silences on normal attacks. This is capable of silencing Solaris in PvP, which is your best bet to stop her resurrecting her teammates. This is a better way of dealing with Solaris teams than by using Phenol. Still use Cry Havoc on turn one, though.

If you don't want a barb team for whatever reason, you could try changing Drakk for Shade. Shade will recieve the benefits of Astrid's +def bonus since he's a caster, and will do more to boost your current team than Drakk will. If you don't already have Astrid at max ascension, though, I'm not sure I'd stick with her. In the final analysis she's a bad version of Goretusk.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    If you don't already have Astrid at max ascension, though, I'm not sure I'd stick with her. In the final analysis she's a bad version of Goretusk.

I wouldn't say she's a version of Goretusk besides the low cooldown provoke, in terms of tanking GT is much better. Astrid cannot taunt, GT starts out with taunt, you could potentially keep GT's up all the time except when he's hit MANY times a turn or purged. Astrid is meant to be build FULL defense and can block single hits lower than her defense (so good for campaign) while GT is meant to reduce damage for the whole team by very large amounts.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    If you don't already have Astrid at max ascension, though, I'm not sure I'd stick with her. In the final analysis she's a bad version of Goretusk.

I wouldn't say she's a version of Goretusk besides the low cooldown provoke, in terms of tanking GT is much better. Astrid cannot taunt, GT starts out with taunt, you could potentially keep GT's up all the time except when he's hit MANY times a turn or purged. Astrid is meant to be build FULL defense and can block single hits lower than her defense (so good for campaign) while GT is meant to reduce damage for the whole team by very large amounts.
    In my opinion, everything she has is kind of an outdated version of what Goretusk has.
    - GT does more damage the more he's hit, but it's a damage multiplier so it works better than Astrid's +10% attack boost (since she needs to stack defense to get that anyway). You can choose to ramp up GT's damage multiplier if you want by having him attack, but Astrid has to be targetted by a melee attack to get the attack boost from Just A Scratch.
    - GT doesn't get the damage reduction multiplier he grants his allies, but he does get a boost to his defense if he keeps his Mammoth Guard stacks down; this works against everything*, while Astrid gets punished by ranged attacks, and melee attacks can still overcome it if the attacker has a higher attack stat than Astrid's defense anyway.
    - Both Astrid and Goretusk are meant to reduce damage done to their team; Astrid has Cloth Guardian, but it's not as effective as Mammoth Guard most of the time, and requires her allies to gear up defensively to benefit from it. Mammoth Guard is class-agnostic, too.
    - Both are provoke-heavy, but Goretusk gets the auto-taunt and taunt refresh on top of that.

If Cloth Guardian was changed to give her squishy allies 35% damage reduction (or whatever number floats your boat) while Astrid's alive, and she automatically gained taunt at the start of each round, she'd be a lot better. Embarrassing Jab could also do with some love. Making it deal a -def debuff would give her combo potential, for example.

*Well, okay, Agnon punishes him for it with a damage multiplier of over x15, but you know what I mean.
  • I think auto taunt every round would be a bit much(think about how long julius' and pignius' taunts last already) but she does need a taunt mechanic to effectively tank and get use of her "melee hit me thing". Maybe that's why it's provoke, so you can make the low damage melee hit you, but provoke on it's own isn't that useful. Maybe if it silenced along with damage reduction, it would force basic attacks and you could stop a melee attacker.
  • Sorry for not replying (net connection issues).

Two questions, should I be on the lookout for Goretusk for a future team? Or is he ever available in the heroic summon? (think I'm seen him in the blacked out pictures in the VIP portal, but I can't get any from the VIP portal (Have no way to spend money in the game).

Also doing a little research I read that the Fire Phoenix is one I should look out for, is the Fire Phoenix worth waiting for? Trying to save up my gems for certain monsters.

Out of the one's mentioned I had Hansuke and Shade leveled up so using them for the time being along with Lord Zomm and Emily. Once I get the other's (or get them leveled up) I may switch them out or possibly have two teams (one for PVP and one for PVE).

Assuming a Barbarian team is good? (sorry if that's a stupid question, still learning how Dungeon Boss -- and games like it) work. If so I'll continue trying to get Abigail (seems that darn portal is giving me everyone BUT Abigail).

~*Vampyrka*~

• Goretusk and also barbs are good actually
    Abigail tokens can be farmed by running dungeons ... goretusk tokens are avaiable in some event shops
  • Ok, I'll keep a eye out for him, and turns out (how I overlooked her I have no clue) but I was playing the game earlier and I had her unlocked -- don't remember unlocking her but apparently I did at some point. I think I'll try two different teams (for a while, maybe my "undead team+ emily" and build a barbarians team.

Thanks for the help everyone.
    ~*Vampyrka*~

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited November 1
    Try High King Valkin with his epic, because with his epic, any hero on a team with him will gain an extra 25% ATK & DEF, scary part is it’s doubled for dwarven allies. (But with Zomm, Drakk & Any other hero of choice, you may gain some good ground.)
    Total Zomminionation.