Should Agnon's Plummeting Doom be Nerfed?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Anyone who's fought Agnon knows that his Plummeting Doom attack's damage can reach insane levels. Not only does he deal 2x damage to enemies on the ground, but his Plummeting Doom attack quickly multiplies the damage even further. It says it deals bonus damage against "high-defense targets", but I think the bar being set is way too low. I've seen Agnon gain 8x damage (on top of the 2x from Dark Skies) on heroes that I wouldn't even consider to have "high defense". Heroes like Lilly, Shade, Koros, Grog, etc. Those heroes aren't even made to be tanky.

Now, I understand nerfing any hero in any way always creates backlash. I know Agnon was in many ways a counter to Goretusk, since Plummeting Doom almost guarantees a 1-hit KO on him. And I can't lie, I like that. Goretusk was a HUGE pain before Agnon. However, is it really necessary for him to also be able to 1-hit KO almost any other grounded hero? I think this was simply an oversight by the developers, who tried to balance Agnon's Plummeting Doom damage multiplier for un-Runed heroes, meaning that heroes with good Runes accidentally now count as "high-defense targets". I could be wrong, though. I'm just looking to see what everyone else thinks.

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited October 11
    I think Doom should be changed to something like Iris' third ability: an effect that lowers a target's HP as opposed to a damage-dealing attack. It'd still cripple any character, whether it's Goretusk or Torchy, but would never one-shot. This way the devs don't have to faff with the multipliers, either, which is going to be difficult to get right.
  • I think that they made Agnon that way for a reason and that reason has not gone away. Leave him alone.

Whenever you find something that you think is overpowered, how about instead of asking for a nerf maybe use it to your advantage?
  • I like Agnon like he is ... he is great to use ... he has his antagonists ... that hero is balanced in the game... my opinion
  • I like Agnon like he is ... he is great to use ... he has his antagonists ... that hero is balanced in the game... my opinion
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    In a sense, he was nerfed when they introduced the UH runes. I think he is fine the way he is.
  • Tank runes and then UH runes have nerfed Agnon. Agnon is not a hero I fear anymore, I just have to think a little about team composition.

I agree his multipliers are insanely overpowered, but whether he kills you twice over of 50 times over makes little difference if you have a UH rune on.
  • I get a little upset when he bangs out dagrund in my dwarf team but then that's my fault if agnons present don't use dwarves find something else
  • I agree is damage multiplier is an issue, but with the relase of unbreakables he isn't really that much of a problem, compared to how he was beforel. I'd say rework him into a monster (i thought he was a monster before. he resembles a monster more than kozar resembles a goblin), and change the skill a little bit, so it's not the killer of all (It kills ya if your heroes are weak, kills them if their strong.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    I think that they made Agnon that way for a reason and that reason has not gone away. Leave him alone.

Whenever you find something that you think is overpowered, how about instead of asking for a nerf maybe use it to your advantage?

I do exactly that. I've got a 6* Agnon and he's probably my best runed character after Emily. Agnon's damage is still a bit daft.

I don't think UH runes are a healthy fix because newer players are going to appear who haven't had the chance to get any.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    I think that they made Agnon that way for a reason and that reason has not gone away. Leave him alone.

Somehow, your icon perfectly matches the tone of that comment...