Damage Penetration?

tyler0118tyler0118 Member
edited October 2018 in My Dungeon Discussion
I’ve never really focused on this stat. I know damage reduction devices all incoming damage but there’s something I don’t understand about damage penetration: does it increase damage by a percent, increase damage through piercing, or does it serve as a multiplier? I use a dwarf team with Valkin dagrund therand and emily and was wondering if Dhaegon would be a better option over therand. It may sound crazy, but with the shock and extra shock damage, along with crits supplying energy, was wondering if he is a good switch. I’ve seen some people make Dhaegon work but I’m not entirely sure especially because of the damage penetration. Therand gets 25% attack when with Valkin and Dhaegon gets 25% damage penetration. I know Therand has the damage multipliers but Dhaegon has the overall support. Which is the better choice? (And please better explain damage penetration to me)

Comments

• DP is something to mitigate DR, but I ain't sure if an enemy with no dr stack, could it and how much attack it boost, let other pros explain it.

As for therand vs dhaegon, I use both, have equal success from them, imo therand the better choice, dont forget therand has epic, adds 30% attack 20% defense 10% crit, while dhaegon has lower stats disadvantage and squish, if u dont have enough runes to play both, therand better pick.
  • If ur dude was gonna land a 5k dmg. And u have 10dmg pen then he would land 5.5k instead. But it can get complicat3d lik3 with hagrim hitting a valkin say u was gonna hit him for 5k and had 10damage pen using the jack hammer move. You do 5.5k x3vs armored=16.5k x 4swings with a chance to crit for double damage on each swing. Ur looking at mad damage
    Attack stack crit stack damage stack make for most damage output possible in game
  • Damage penetration directly subtracts from damage reduction. So if defender has 50% DR, and attacker has 20% DP, net result is the defender has 30% DR. If DP > DR, then it is a multiplier against the final damage of your attack. So if defender has 10% DR, and attacker has 20% DP, net result is attacker does 110% of normal damage.

DP is most effective when offsetting DR. Once there is no more DR, it is less effective than boosting the attack stat directly. That is why there is no correct answer for how much DP to have. It depends on who you are attacking.
  • echonap wrote: »

DP is most effective when offsetting DR.

yep. so they nerfed DR to make it mostly useless, then they invent a counter to it- damage penetration even tho they'd just nerfed it anyway.

so now DRis mostly useless, and dam pen is fairly useless as well.

• DP is most effective on any hero getting damage multipliers. DR only matters the second I smack you and we calculate results. DP is good on high crit chance since Landing a crit can double your damage. Agnon does like a 11x dmg your DP on a rune gets multiplied 11times...i don't waste time worrying about DR that's my enemies job to deal with my DP
  • @Danac Obviously many top players agree with you and that's why my superior rune DP hagrim 1shots their elite def.hp.stack..and these players with attack stacks wonder why they can't 1shot valkin. DP is the 3rd piece to the most powerful dmg breakpoints. Att-CC-DP.

I added a 15dmg to magical to my agnon nothing magical lives. I add 15dmg to legend nothing legend lives etc...but all I hear is how high ur agnon attack. It's 8k and coming for your elite skills buhuhau
  • judging by his damage output to the English language, he clearly knows what he’s talking about.
  • And what have u accomplished with ur good English. Going after political correctness and grammar instead of anything on topic. Jus keep judging me homie ur jus an account I passed with ez and now u raid away from me but I'll probably still pass you again since I average a 96percent win streak. You on the other hand spend money and ur only 1place above a free2play maybe u spent too much time in English class CAUSE the math says u no good homie
  • tyler0118 wrote: »
    I’ve never really focused on this stat. I know damage reduction devices all incoming damage but there’s something I don’t understand about damage penetration: does it increase damage by a percent, increase damage through piercing, or does it serve as a multiplier? I use a dwarf team with Valkin dagrund therand and emily and was wondering if Dhaegon would be a better option over therand. It may sound crazy, but with the shock and extra shock damage, along with crits supplying energy, was wondering if he is a good switch. I’ve seen some people make Dhaegon work but I’m not entirely sure especially because of the damage penetration. Therand gets 25% attack when with Valkin and Dhaegon gets 25% damage penetration. I know Therand has the damage multipliers but Dhaegon has the overall support. Which is the better choice? (And please better explain damage penetration to me)
    This is personal preference, but I prefer Therand for raids and Dhaegon in the tower. Raids are settled so quickly that energy on crits and Thundersmash don't really get a chance to shine. In the tower I want to hang onto that Emily res for Zomm, so the Emily res -> Helmet Missile + Thermal combo is much less appealing than in raids, not to mention that Therand doesn't get the free energy boost in the tower anyway.