New Inclusive Meta Summit Group!!

Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
edited October 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
It’s become very clear that we need a new Summit Group with a specific “meta” focus. The other summit debate groups claim to be inclusive, but don’t believe it. I’ve noticed that they only ever represent players who voice their opinion. This new meta discussion group will counterbalance the SDG and SCG by giving equal weight to players who remain silent by assuming their opinion agrees with mine. Please click the below link to join.

http://line.me/ti/g/DAXKmEfYJ5

Post edited by Skip_Holmes on

Comments

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited October 2018
    Edit: Thanks to everyone who has been joining this great new group. I just want to clarify a point of confusion. When I said this would be a “meta” summit group, I did not mean a group to discuss the current in-game meta. No, this group is for meta discussion of the other summit groups. I will gather feedback from our debates and pass it on to the mods of the SDG and SCG so that they can pass it on to their members. I think we can all agree that serious time should be spend discussing upcoming topics such as:

-What is the appropriate amount of debate moderation? A-more moderation? B-less moderation? C-moderate moderation?

-Should the normal Monday dev summit time be changed to a 3pm Sunday summit time to coincide with the recommendation that the Monday crown reset time should be changed to a 3pm Sunday crown reset time?

-What is the best way to get top players to stop arguing in the debate groups and get back to spending $400 on a rune they won’t ever use?

-Should a +1 from a VIP10 player during a summit actually count as a +2 as sort of an added perk for them?

I look forward to hearing or not hearing everyone’s thoughts in this new chat. Please make sure to follow the rules in the Notes section and participate in the regular poles. Happy meta debating!
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited October 2018
    Would your meta-summit group also be a resource for detailed information on which of the summit groups might be appropriate for my specific interests?

At this time I'm most interested in a discussion of what food is best to ingest while playing Dungeon Boss, what background entertainment is appropriate, and what are the proper environmental and architectural conditions best suited to an optimal Dungeon Boss experience. If you know of a summit group that is an appropriate fit for my interests, I'd appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best with the meta-summit chat. I will save you the effort of signing me up to the meta-summit, since I would only remain silent anyway. You can just assume I will always agree with you. I see no need to burden you with unnecessary work.
  • PMSL. +1(or is it +2)?
  • Thank you @Skip_Holmes for the invite. The group so far has been very informative.
  • I feel as if this group will cater to my every need, even the needs I didn’t know I had.
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think every debate group should spend at least 20% of the time talking about hero sorting. During the last year I only heard talking about it a billion times, I'm afraid we aren't discussing it enough. And if it will ever be implemented for real, then we can dedicate that same amount of time to give constant feedback on whether we like it or if there should be a Hero Sorting 2.
  • Alecat97 wrote: »
    I think every debate group should spend at least 20% of the time talking about hero sorting. During the last year I only heard talking about it a billion times, I'm afraid we aren't discussing it enough. And if it will ever be implemented for real, then we can dedicate that same amount of time to give constant feedback on whether we like it or if there should be a Hero Sorting 2.

The Meta Summit Group has taken up the debate on whether or not to reccomend that the other summit groups spend more time discussing hero sorting. I will post here when we have a concensus.
  • The Meta Summit Group has taken up the debate on whether or not to reccomend that the other summit groups spend more time discussing hero sorting. I will post here when we have a concensus.

Thank you Meta Summit Group, Very cool!
    edited October 2018
    Alecat97 wrote: »
    The Meta Summit Group has taken up the debate on whether or not to reccomend that the other summit groups spend more time discussing hero sorting. I will post here when we have a concensus.

Thank you Meta Summit Group, Very cool!

The Meta Summit Group has reached a consensus, and we agree with you that the Summit Debate Group and Summit Collaboration Group should devote more time to discussing hero sorting. Thank you for the opportunity to help the community!
  • Thank god, I wouldn't want that time to be spent on something that would actually make DB better.
  • I feel as tho I should join that group just to dissent.

silently.
    edited October 2018
    danac wrote: »
    I feel as tho I should join that group just to dissent.

silently.

The MSG tolerates dissent, ascent, consent, and pretty much any other scents you can think of. We just ask that you don’t bring sense.
  • Being a muppet is entirely about character. For the record: yes, I am a member of the MSG. But the more important question is why aren't you, Bob? Now, this is an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the players of DB, so it naturally begs the question: Why would a player, who’s guild’s most powerful spokesman and a candidate for The Summit Group, choose to reject helping other players? If you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter than I am, because I didn't understand it until a few months ago. DB isn't easy. DB is advanced gamesmanship . You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free gems? Let's see you acknowledge a muppet whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this game as the game of the free? Then the symbol of your game can't just be a blue ball, the symbol also has to be one of its players exercising his right to burn that ball in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "game of the free". I've known Bob Rumson for years, and I've been operating under the assumption that the reason Bob devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. Bob's problem is that he can't sell it! We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you control the MSG. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income players who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about DB and American values and character. And wave an old photo of a monkey and you scream about patriotism and you tell them, he’s to blame for their lot in life, and you go on Line and you call him a idiot. The monkey has done nothing to you, Bob. He has done nothing but put himself through school, represent the interests of DB players and lobby for the happiness of all DB players. You want a character debate, Bob? You better stick with me, because the monkey is way out of your league.
  • Bill Clinton’s favorite movie!
  • We are now discussing whether the “OK” on error codes be changed to “Not OK” or some other alternative. Join MSG and make your voice heard.

qmdk62gtpbe9.png
  • I vote for "Bummer!"
  • Who are the officers going to be? I am already a qualified happiness officer, and I would highly recommend Bvs to be loyalty officer. It may also be necessary to have a cat, muppet, and other miscellaneous mutants control officer.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• edited October 2018
    My vote is for "Awwww #$%&*!!!".
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Why is this thread off topic? I thought the forum was about improving DB and player knowledge.
  • If MSG is off-topic, how can it address Summit groups that don't allow getting off-topic?
  • Moved to Off-Topic area by devs, lame lame lame! >:(
  • Today’s discussion is milking whales.

• @Skip_Holmes - you forgot to post our list of summit topics.