Why Even Have Resistances Anymore?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
I've been looking at the direction heroes and abilities have been going in, and I've noticed something. It seems DB wants more reliable, less RNG-based gameplay. Which I'm all for. But something that I've also noticed is that the Resistance stats are just... useless. Let me explain.

With the recent hero additions and reworks, there's been something of a trend. Passives that completely negate effects. Jabber's Venom Master, which makes him Immune to Poison. Likewise, Jibber's Shock Master which makes him Immune to Shock. Valkin and Emily becoming Immune to all debuffs. The Undead becoming Immune to... well, a lot of things.

Additionally, we all know this but I'm just going to say it for the purpose of this argument - Resist Runes were completely removed from the game a while ago. No Runes even give Resistance stats anymore, so anyone who still has such a Rune is basically holding a relic of the past. Odder still is that on Hero cards, you can still tap-and-hold over Resistance stats and see that it says there's a limit to how high you can push the stat. Something that shouldn't even be there since there's no longer Resist Runes. I mean, even when they existed, it was impossible to even reach the limit anyways!

So what I'm wondering is, and I really hope I can get at least 1 reply from a moderator or dev - Are we moving into an era where Resistances are going to basically be null and void? If a Hero uses a skill that will inflict a debuff, and the enemy isn't Immune, will it just always work? I legitimately don't mind either way - I think both sides have their pros and cons. I'm just wondering if that's your goal. It certainly seems that way.

By the way, the Daeris rework just came out and I've noticed you removed her 'Highly Resistant' trait. Just another point towards my claim.

Comments

• I resist replying to this post but my resistance was nerfed. But I will ask why this thread is in off-topic discussions. Besides, resistance is futile.
  • I always thought resistance was silly.

spoon.
  • danac wrote: »
    I always thought resistance was silly.

spoon.

OK, if you insist, we can spoon.
  • You don’t like all your heroes having a 6% chance to resist possession?

8bxswsgfzydt.png
  • In the over a year that shade has been around, I have yet to see a failed possession attempt. Has anyone seen one?
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• I Have seen Nubnub resist a death mark, are any other marks resisted? Such as Deadeye, Hopper, Kreel, maybe others?
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• bvs72 wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    I always thought resistance was silly.

spoon.

OK, if you insist, we can spoon.

great! it's best for eating cereal.
  • ...or demonstrating your telekinetic abilities.
  • In the over a year that shade has been around, I have yet to see a failed possession attempt. Has anyone seen one?

Never seen that