Tower of Pwnage scale level?

Hello i am level 43 and i have some doubts about Tower of Pwnage:

1. How does the level of Tower of Pwnage scales?
(A) It only takes Player level in account
(B) It takes all heroe's level in account and then find a medium value
(C) It only takes the Roster Power into calculation
(D) Other

If (A): Its it better to stay at 45 and then get ALL my heroes to 45 in order to beat the tower?
If (B): Should i have 2 or 3 teams at max level and then leave all the others at lv 1 to avoid increasing the difficulty?
If (C): Should i have 2 or 3 teams at max level and then leave all the others at lv 1 to avoid increasing the difficulty?
If (D): Please enlighten me!!!!

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited October 18
    KeoLegend wrote: »
    Hello i am level 43 and i have some doubts about Tower of Pwnage:

1. How does the level of Tower of Pwnage scales?
    (A) It only takes Player level in account
    (B) It takes all heroe's level in account and then find a medium value
    (C) It only takes the Roster Power into calculation
    (D) Other

If (A): Its it better to stay at 45 and then get ALL my heroes to 45 in order to beat the tower?
    If (B): Should i have 2 or 3 teams at max level and then leave all the others at lv 1 to avoid increasing the difficulty?
    If (C): Should i have 2 or 3 teams at max level and then leave all the others at lv 1 to avoid increasing the difficulty?
    If (D): Please enlighten me!!!!

As far as I can tell it's C. I've noticed an increase in difficulty when I risk bringing another hero up to par, so I'm sure it's not A. Definitely avoid trying to build a team for each floor.

---

I know you have Zomm, and my advice would be to use him in the tower. Any Zomminions around at the end of the floor are resurrected as the original heroes. For example, if Sir William dies and is raised by Zomm, after finishing the floor Sir William is back and ready for action. Sir William will have as much HP as he did in his Zomminion form. If the fight ends before Zomm takes his turn, though, they're gone for the run.

Shade is a useful guy to have around, too; if nothing else, Shroud will stop Zomm getting frozen on the first turn, unless Shroud gets dispelled. If Zomm's frozen, he can't raise allies. Yikes.
  • bump
  • danacdanac Member
    it goes by RP and level.
    It used to go by level, they had a range of +/- that centered on your level- at one point it as +/-10, but folks getting teams 10 levels higher was bad.
    Then they changed it with runes, and set a capon higher levels a 5-6.
    lower levels are still around 10.

so you can leave some heroes at low levels to make things easier, but that might pose problems down the road with hero specific events.
    Unless you're having great difficulties, it's probably okay to level them up but not put runes on them.
  • Just a question. At what level should a player be able to reliably clear the tower? 80? Earlier? Is the tower "as intended" meant to be challenging for ALL levels? I would like to see opinions on this.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Just a question. At what level should a player be able to reliably clear the tower? 80? Earlier? Is the tower "as intended" meant to be challenging for ALL levels? I would like to see opinions on this.
    I'd say that in theory it should always be a challenge, but possible as long as you have strong, well-runed and ascended characters. It gives out 275 gems on completion, it shouldn't be a cakewalk. To make it interesting, though, it should have some variety. I've kept my roster power down since the tower nerf so I don't see it myself, but a tower stuffed with one team type seems like a boring slog.

So far i was able to complete almost every day tower's challenge. I only have failed once at floor 11. I started to clear the tower at level 40
  • I have an account that I "inherited" not a main account of mine, this account is level 43. I could not beat more than 3 floors when I got this account at level 39, now I can clear the tower every day, with only 4 heroes, all fully ascended, and only 3 stars. Only these heroes are runed right now. and there are only about 3 good runes on each, others are junk.

Current team:
    shade
    zomm
    shadow blade
    Balog.

I can do it in about 20 minutes. slow load times hurt.

Hope that information helps.