Tooltip fixes

I'm a bit obsessive and am reading all the abilities. Mainly because Nimriel adds a chance for ranged physical attacks to burn, and Deadeye gives them a chance to purge. Also, I'm trying to figure out which attacks are bites... and so on. Dearis is now immune to Dark attacks so I want to know which ones are dark. So, I'll be adding to this list things that I think could use clarification, or just errors. When you have someone go through the tooltips to make changes, maybe this list will be helpful.

Stonefist: Punch (epic) - says it's a melee physical attack for double damage... Other epic basics say "with a chance to do double damage..."

Shade: Haunted Past - says "Ranged Spirit Attack..." but it looks rather melee to me. I get it that melee attacks hit from range sometimes (Tsume) but it's a bit strange to have a ranged attack hit from melee distance

Therand Fiddlestrom: Throw Grenade (epic) - says "Basic Ranged attack..." is it physical?

Masuta Kira: Death Blossom - says "Shower of Throwing Blades..." is that a ranged physical attack? Tsume's first ability is melee so this might be too, would love to know if Deadeye is going to make this ability purge an extra buff or if Nimriel will make it light things of fire.

Masuta Kira: Vibrating Palm - says "Ranged Chi attack..." is that a type of it's own? or is chi a spirit attack? Cause Ekko and Solaris are spirit immune. I only wonder about this because chi is sometimes referred to as spirit. I could test this I'm sure, but I would assume someone else might want to know as well.

Shieldmaiden Astrid: Boomerang Shield and Derision - Both of these say "Attacks an Enemy..." It's rather plain to see that boomerang hits all enemies and looks ranged and physical, but it's not mentioned. And I'm guessing that Derision is melee, possibly physical. (BTW love Astrid, probably my favorite hero :)

Pontifex Mortis: Necro Bolt - It looks ranged but it doesn't say ranged... it does say Dark so Daeris will definitely have an advantage there. But it doesn't say ranged so will Deadeye's first ability make it go off? Again, yes I could test this but this is about tooltips.

Icepick: Blood in the water - says "flesh tearing..." but not melee or physical or water.

Marrow: Lure - it doesn't say it's a bite attack but it looks like it could be and hence might benefit from Hopper's bite mark.

Ferno: Choking Smoke - Says "Ranged attack on all enemies..." is that a ranged physical attack?

Drakk: Rage swing - doesn't specify physical, I'd assume it but it doesn't say it.

Mangle Jaw: Lock Jaw - says "Silencing Bite attack..." but doesn't specify melee or physical or spirit, just silencing.

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Chi’s its own damage type, really.

Also, I support on clarification of Ability descriptions such as what you mentioned. :)
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • I think some of these are actually described on the hero card. For example, Death Blossom is listed on Masuta's hero card as being ranged, physical, as is Black Diamond's Blade Storm.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• The tooltips in battles do not all precisely match the card descriptions.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• This is a really good idea. One time I used my fully ascended Willow's basic attack, and the hero revenge it and she died. I would not have done that and it says ranged, but it doesn't say melee, even on the card.
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
  • This is a really good idea. One time I used my fully ascended Willow's basic attack, and the hero revenge it and she died. I would not have done that and it says ranged, but it doesn't say melee, even on the card.
    Uh, do you remember who it was that made the revenge attack?
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • Brom
  • Slow characters' revenge attacks now trigger on all physical type attacks, whether they're melee or ranged. The melee/ranged thing used to matter but they changed it when they buffed Kozar.

Ferno's Choking Smoke is a weird one. I've never seen it get resisted by any of the Boss Island bosses, but I've also never seen it be mitigated by armour, either. I honestly don't know what type of damage it does.
  • That is really weird and doesn't make sense, but okay. Good to know.
  • There is a similar, older thread like this one.
    I am pretty sure that Ferno's Choking Smoke deals Nature damage.
    Pontifex Necro Bolt is ranged spirit as described on his hero card.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited October 2018
    Schnuppe wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that Ferno's Choking Smoke deals Nature damage.
    If it is, it's buggy. I just ran Lily + Ferno through the Savage Grove on Boss Island. The Native Magister miniboss, green Stonefists and green Kai are 100% immune to nature damage and shrug off the nature damage from Lily's Vines and Pollen Cloud, but still get nailed by Choking Smoke.
  • Thanks for the replies. Most of these descriptions were actually viewed on the hero card, or the tooltip when pressing the icon from the hero card. Thanks for pointing out the Pontifex difference, now I'm really confused though. The tooltip says dark, and the card says ranged spirit.
  • @Unknown_player, I do see that BD does say ranged physical but when looking at Death Blossom, I don't see it on the tooltip or the card. Maybe I'm blind. Where are you looking?
  • I am on an Android device so maybe there is a difference on different platforms?
  • After a bit of testing I did find out that Lupina's basic attack "Bite" doesn't get bonus dmg from Hopper's buff. However, Marrow's "Lure" does get that bonus to bite attacks eventhough it doesn't mention in the description that's a bite attack.
  • It's one thing where we are informed by the text display, but then there's the function when executing these attacks in the game. Really, it's a design vs. display thing.

Well, with Marrow's Lure, he obviously bites during the animation.
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png