Stormcrow Boss Invasion!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
The most powerful Boss the game has seen to date has landed, and he's ready for a fight!

Stormcrow, the Banisher is waiting for you in his lair, and he's not even bothering with minions. Just walk right in and fight him, but don't expect to win. His health is beyond conventional measure, and it will take a guild to bring this bird down. You'll be able to fight him once immediately, but you'll have to deal as much damage as you can to him as quickly as possible, because he's not the patient type. Don't worry though, even if you don't defeat him, every bit of damage counts, and will earn you Guild Trophies that count towards three different leaderboards!

You can monitor your guild's progress on the event dungeon selection screen, so you can see how close you are to defeating him even when your not in the dungeon. As a sidenote, Stormcrow's health bar will appear 'full' whenever you enter the dungeon, but rest assured that he is indeed taking every bit of damage that you and your guildmates deal to him! Once your guild defeats Stormcrow, he will return, stronger than before, and each stronger version will allow you to earn greater numbers of Guild Trophies.

If your team is wiped out (which is going to happen almost every time you face him) you'll have the option of waiting to fight him again, or using gems to reduce the refresh timer. HOWEVER, if your guild defeats him, everyone's cooldown timers will instantly be reset! The event dungeon does not cost any stamina to run.

Craw seems to have some secret knowledge of Stormcrow's weaknesses, because he's got a crazy stat boost against him. If you have him in your collection, you'll probably want to bring him along!

This event also has a ticket shop, but please note that it is a relatively 'small' shop. There are daily quests and some repeatable quests that will allow you to earn tickets, but there is no 'infinite' way to earn tickets. As mentioned earlier, we will also be sending a number of tickets to all players in the mail, so spend them wisely!

Good luck. You'll need it against Stormcrow...
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Seems like a cool event. I like the idea of having an entire guild work together to take out a humongous boss.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • too bad I can't fight him. I'd like to prove how easy he probably is xD
  • edited November 2
    So, is Brom's 25% health reduction bugged for this, or does the boss have a secret hidden buff that tells Brom to go pound sand? I ask this because I don't see anything in the list of boss buffs that indicates immunity to this, and the boss is at full health when I enter.

0joe7t86fvic.jpg

So, either Brom is bugged (surprise), which seems odd as his passive is functioning normally in PvP, PvE, and the tower, OR the display of immunities on the boss is bugged (surprise). Or is this some kind of special healing that takes place at the start of the turn and is not displayed.

I understand if you felt that making the boss susceptible to the ability would make things too easy, but as it stands, not being able to see that immunity is deceptive and makes any strategy something to the effect of:

"OK, let's takes THESE four heroes in there and see if the boss is immune to their passives also. Wait 4 hours or spend gems. Now let's take THESE four heroes in and see if there is a secret immunity to THEIR passives. Repeat until thoroughly disgusted."

Am I missing something here? Is any part of this incorrect? I would VERY much like to believe I am wrong on this one, after the serious issues with Haunted Halls.
    Post edited by unknown_player on
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Thank you DB for some new content!
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • It has also been noticed by my guild that the bosses Enough attack completely ignores an Unbreakable Heart rune and still kills the hero it is equipped to.
  • @Lafoote, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your game? Make VERY sure you have a big fish account and have saved your DBID before attempting this, just in case recovery is necessary.

• Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited November 2
    Pretty sure the "enough" attack is supposed to ignore any and all death immunities and insta kill everyone since without it I bet people would easily beat the poor bird into the ground with one try and one team no matter how powerful it gets
  • I really like what you guys did with the event! It’s not too buy-heavy, the boss is very well balanced, and it’s difficult without being too hard.

For the first time in a while, I’m truly excited for an event. I found myself waiting for my fight to recharge, but giving in and spending the gems quite a lot. It’s very addicting.

Of course, the rewards are still kind of lame. I still don’t know why you guys insist that the 11th guild in the *world* deserves a four star rune for so many events. I like the event specific rune, but TBH it’s a little too expensive for just this event. However, the gameplay I feel makes up for this a little bit.

Great job so far on this event, here’s to more like it ;)
  • This is a good event, well done. I like that there is not infinite tickets and there are enough tickets to buy worthwhile items in the shop from the quests. I like that there is a limit to how many boss attempts you get so we aren't encouraged to run the same dungeons over for hours and burn out.
  • very good event! tho, my team seems it cant bring down 1% of its helath. like, I did about 100,000 damage and bar hasn't dropped by 1 yet!
    Join The Common Cold! With Disease and Chill on our side, we shall spread The Common Cold! become a Common Cold Member today!
  • Yes! Such a good event.

No rewards at all for anyone who doesn't make it in the top 250. Of which will be dominated by anyone who spent money for the boosts or to get craw early.

I haven't been around long enough for a previous event like this, are there any previous examples of extremely blatant pay to win events like this? *cough* besides last week with the candy corn*cough*.

Overall this is horrible from So many angles. Forcing guilds to be competitive by spending money is a surefire way to get people of some guilds who don't want to spend to be kicked for "lack of participation". This will just send a divide through players, and guess what? People that get kicked from their guild because they did not pay to play will probably kick themselves from this game.

BVS lined out all the methods of pay2play crammed into this event, and it baffles me.
    I don't understand why they don't understand that they'd probably make more money only offering a $10 and $20 craw package and nothing else. More people would buy a boost if it was the only boost available. "Why should I bother buying a single $10 boost when the other guys going to buy all 6 and price me out of rewards?" Said 2,000 people. Meanwhile the 'other guy' is 40 people.
  • So far great event although it’s a shame brock passive and iris third ability don’t work on boss although it is very understandable since it would break the boss completely but it would be nice to show it as an immune. Loving it so far
  • AmkdrAmkdr Member
    Is it a mistake that Iris 3rd and Agnons 1st and Lilys 1st don't really do something but Malice hp scaling skill does work ?
    I think it would be better if none or all of them worked.
    Everything else on this Event is great, not as pay2win and with just a little effort and a couple thousand gems you can get a Eliterune :) very nice Event !
  • I really like what you guys did with the event! It’s not too buy-heavy, the boss is very well balanced, and it’s difficult without being too hard.

For the first time in a while, I’m truly excited for an event. I found myself waiting for my fight to recharge, but giving in and spending the gems quite a lot. It’s very addicting.

Of course, the rewards are still kind of lame. I still don’t know why you guys insist that the 11th guild in the *world* deserves a four star rune for so many events. I like the event specific rune, but TBH it’s a little too expensive for just this event. However, the gameplay I feel makes up for this a little bit.

Great job so far on this event, here’s to more like it ;)

Agreed, a fun event that doesn't require endless grinding, but the rewards are a little meh. A 4* superior rune isn't going to be a lot of use, and if you individually come 11th in the world that's what you get.

Of course it's still pay to win. That's not going to change.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Of course it's still pay to win. That's not going to change.

Anything with gems refresh... :(
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited November 2
    @Lafoote is that ios? if so there is a new client DB update that should fix that. I would recommend deleting the old client rather than a straight update
  • How many times can the $boost and the gem boost be bought? I remember hearing no more infinite boosts, and neither have a limit banner on their page.
  • Glad you are all happy. Hope your investment in supporting the game is worth it to you. Secret immunities, rocks fall - eveveryone dies. Whatever. VIP 10, now FTP until the game becomes pay to play. Have fun.

• FlyteFlyte Member
    From the looks of things, this event is a WIN. There are about equal posts above praising the event, as well as belly-aching about "Pay to Win". This event is very playable, without paying.
  • Flyte wrote: »
    From the looks of things, this event is a WIN. There are about equal posts above praising the event, as well as belly-aching about "Pay to Win". This event is very playable, without paying.

Exactly. Playable. Not winnable. Hooray for infinite boosts.

• Why is everyone saying playing an event for 60 seconds every 4 hours is "fun." 4 minutes of fun a day constitutes "fun" now?
  • This is the allowed quota of fun at your security clearance. If you wish more fun, you must advance beyond red clearance. Have a nice day, citizen. Serve the Computer.

• Kegman913 wrote: »
    Why is everyone saying playing an event for 60 seconds every 4 hours is "fun." 4 minutes of fun a day constitutes "fun" now?

It's the other 3 hours and 59 minutes every four hours that are fun. You just need a different perspective.
  • @Joel one of the worst things about new character events is that the player base is forced to use a low star character for PvP to complete quests; and because they’re so weak that it is the same as using 3 characters. To avoid this frustration: you could implement an event temporary buff that gives the new hero a star level relative to that player’s overall in game level which will even out the odds and make events like these less of a grind.

For example in this event: level 30 players would get a 1 star minimum craw, level 40 players would have a 2 star minimum craw, level 50 players would get a 4 star minimum craw and so forth. This buff would apply to PvP and only take effect while the initial event is on: to give players a fair and fun taste of the new character.

If this needs clarification just ask
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • @GingeNinja Great idea! The point of using the new hero in PvP is to figure out how to build a team around them. As it is now, the new hero is nothing but dead weight and the PvP quest might as well read “win 50 raids using 3 heroes.”
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    Exactly. Playable. Not winnable. Hooray for infinite boosts.

If you can't *enjoy* something without *winning*, then I have to question why you even bother playing the game. I'm in a guild of two active players (a 'retirement guild' of sorts), and we are really enjoying the challenge of taking down the boss. This is a good game. Not *perfect*, sure. Either learn to enjoy it, or move on.

And your opinions would have a tad more credibility if you didn't choose to hide behind an "anonymous" username.
  • OhtOht Member
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    For example in this event: level 30 players would get a 1 star minimum craw, level 40 players would have a 2 star minimum craw, level 50 players would get a 4 star minimum craw and so forth. This buff would apply to PvP and only take effect while the initial event is on: to give players a fair and fun taste of the new character.

But then there would be far less push to try to star the character up to be more useful. Somebody is buying tickets etc to pay 10k tickets for 5 craw tokens (which seems like a crazy price to pay, but hey whatever it's a price that some people are happy to pay).