Stormcrow Boss Invasion!

Comments

• I’m still sore about Halloween, but feel that this event does go at least some of the way to make amends
  • Why are both Craw and the boss just ripoffs of Pontifex? That seems so extremely lazy.
  • Reach the top reward level without spending?

I'm on my way.

noqpqivpyphh.jpg
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Stormcrow best team to gain trophies?
  • When is the next crown reset?
  • I've tried a few times now to get Shade to use his Spirit Link on Stormcrow to redirect most of the damage back to him when the boss does his "Enough" spell but Spirit Link never becomes active for Shade during the battle. It would have been a cheap trick to take Stormcrow down in one go if it had worked!
  • edited November 2018
    Flyte wrote: »
    Exactly. Playable. Not winnable. Hooray for infinite boosts.
    (Snip)
    And your opinions would have a tad more credibility if you didn't choose to hide behind an "anonymous" username.

Ad hominem again?

Please people, I know many of you are a product of an educational system designed to "validate your personhood" but do an old man's blood pressure some good and Google search the term "logical fallacy". Attempting to refute an argument in a debate or discussion by addressing the personal qualities of the individual putting forth the argument is the "ad hominem", or for the philosophically illiterate "to the man", fallacy. A fallacy, by the way is not necessarily 'false', it is an error in rational thought.

If, however, you personally prefer irrational grunting, chest thumping, and throwing of grass into the air (as certain current world leaders seem to), to rational, polite discussion and discourse, then please continue on the path that ensures your happiness. Follow your bliss, hugs for those whose feeling might have been hurt by my 'microaggressions'.

A joke to lighten the tension.

A politician, a philosopher, and a physicist were riding on a train through Scotland. The politician glanced out of the window and saw the side of a black cow grazing in a field. The politician said "Wow, I didn't know all the cows in Scotland are black!".

The philosopher, in hopes of correcting the politician's error in thought, smiled and smugly said " What you actually know now is that some cows in Scotland are black"

The physicist, looking at both of his companions, shook his head, and with a sigh of resignation said " The sample size is too small. What we truly KNOW is that the hair on at least one side, of one cow, that is currently in Scotland, is dark enough at this light level to be considered what we commony agree on as black."

Please be like the physicist.

TL,DR : your disapproval of my person does not invalidate my statement., Read the funny. Think!

• A few things I would change:

The 4 hour restriction could be a bit shorter to be more engaging.

The quest lines could be more fleshed out - again.. give me interesting things to do (not just grind/repeat)

More items in the event ticket shop.

Don't bugger the Halloween event so badly that it taints the perception of this event.

Otherwise this is a really fun event and a breath of fresh air.

KashHatton
  • @Joel

Great event, except now that it's over I'm pretty upset about the Furnace exploit.

For those that didn't figure it out during the event, Furnace's self-destruct was completely bugged for this event. You could do 50 million damage to the boss by just letting Furnace build up pressure and explode. The Potato family figured it out early, which is why you had a guild with a Billion!! trophies.

You didn't need Craw

You didn't need to put ANY runes on Furnace (his Abs of Steel worked fine).

Just 3 rounds of "Stoke the Boiler!" and BOOM. Max Damage, dead boss.

My guild family (Justice League) figured it out last last night, but by then, it was too late. I "legit" ran the malice combo (Valk, Agnon, Malice's 2nd ability and Craw), dropped 10,000 gems on this even to hit for 12-17M a run, when other guilds could literally spam furnace every 20 seconds for 50,000 trophies a shot. I was globally ranked in the 90s yesterday afternoon, then got blown by and we couldn't figure out how. By the time we figured it out, Team Potato was far out ahead.

I'm not faulting the Potatoes for getting it done, I AM upset that a GIANT cheap exploit existed during this event that required absolutely zero work/prep to execute. As long as you have 3 energy potions and a fully ascended Furnace, you could do 50 million damage. Every. Single. Time.

Rant over.
  • Actually, you did need craw, otherwise damage was capped at only 10 million...
  • Where are the prizes? My guild came in at 99th place and got nothing?? There were supposed to be rewards for 150th or better. What an epic fail on payouts!
  • Office party for Boss Fight - the players found a bug that they could exploit and pour money into. New cars for everyone!

Once again, playing legit is punished. And the company that enables the bug profits.

• xandrew29 wrote: »
    @Joel

Great event, except now that it's over I'm pretty upset about the Furnace exploit.

For those that didn't figure it out during the event, Furnace's self-destruct was completely bugged for this event. You could do 50 million damage to the boss by just letting Furnace build up pressure and explode. The Potato family figured it out early, which is why you had a guild with a Billion!! trophies.

You didn't need Craw

You didn't need to put ANY runes on Furnace (his Abs of Steel worked fine).

Just 3 rounds of "Stoke the Boiler!" and BOOM. Max Damage, dead boss.

My guild family (Justice League) figured it out last last night, but by then, it was too late. I "legit" ran the malice combo (Valk, Agnon, Malice's 2nd ability and Craw), dropped 10,000 gems on this even to hit for 12-17M a run, when other guilds could literally spam furnace every 20 seconds for 50,000 trophies a shot. I was globally ranked in the 90s yesterday afternoon, then got blown by and we couldn't figure out how. By the time we figured it out, Team Potato was far out ahead.

I'm not faulting the Potatoes for getting it done, I AM upset that a GIANT cheap exploit existed during this event that required absolutely zero work/prep to execute. As long as you have 3 energy potions and a fully ascended Furnace, you could do 50 million damage. Every. Single. Time.

Rant over.

You did need Craw as well as Furnace, or you were limited to 10 million damage.

You didn't need energy potions, or any other potions.

You didn't need the special event rune, that was a total waste of tokens.

I only learnt about the Furnace thing late last night, and I'm in a Potato Guild. I used it for the last 1/2 day.

Once enough guild mates were on board it took about 25 minutes to clear a boss.

They took away Malice, so people figured out how to use Furnace. If they hadn't there's still be winners and losers, and the winners would have spent more money.

Anyway, they've also mucked up the rewards as I got an email about 10 minutes ago saying my guild had not earned any rewards, despite coming 10th.

• Soooo, no rewards?!
  • Someone needs to look into the payouts. My guild would like their 1500 gems.
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Actually, you did need craw, otherwise damage was capped at only 10 million...

You're right. Still, point remains.
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Actually, you did need craw, otherwise damage was capped at only 10 million...

You're right. Still, point remains.

And I think you have a point. Like the Malice effect, this could have been spotted with some playtesting, but they never playtest anything. The players understand the game better than the developers, and came up with not one but two ways to maximize damage against the boss.

The rewards are pretty blah to be honest, I won't make back the gems I used during the event, the rune is no different to many I have already, and some materials.

I did enjoy the interaction with my guildies. I like the event style, but definitely needs some tweaks before something similar is run, and just maybe some playtesting.
  • Nope. Play testing requires Bossfight to PAY people to test the game. Much cheaper for a few key players to try to break the game, succeed, report said success to their guildmates, allow sufficient time for the bug to be used to maximum benefit for their guild, THEN turn to the devs and say:

"Oh we ACCIDENTALLY stumbled across this horrible player expoitable bug. You really should fix it before some bad person finds it and uses it to break your event and COSTS YOU MONEY because they are trying to catch up to our score from "thoroughly testing the repeatability of the bug". Hurry, hurry, the MONEY is slipping down the drain!!!".

• So anyway, why is Craw not a Flying hero?
  • Because he is really an ostrich with a weave?

• I would argue that the furnace "feature " was just a small piece of the problem (damage was based on targets health, lower health, less damage. Had to use "normal " teams to kill it) it required close guild cooperation to work. And, this is the biggy, unlimited x4 and x2 trophies and unlimited run resets allowed many high trophy scoring runs in a short time. The event was designed to be pay to win, again. The furnace feature just made it blatant.

Suggestions for next time.
    1. Shorter reset time, with no (or limited) buy downs
    2. No unlimited trophy boosts.
    3. Better testing before release
  • 4. tiers instead of rankings so all players have a fair shot at some good rewards.
  • KashHatton wrote: »
    A few things I would change:

The quest lines could be more fleshed out - again.. give me interesting things to do (not just grind/repeat)

More items in the event ticket shop.

total tickets available maxxed out at about 83 k, and that's with the 30 they gave us.

rune was 50, all the Craw tokens were 50.

they didn't give enough tickets for there to be much variety in shop.
    @Joel

I was globally ranked in the 90s yesterday afternoon, then got blown by and we couldn't figure out how. By the time we figured it out, Team Potato was far out ahead.

Rant over.

I was a few spots ahead of you and wound up out of top 250.

and you couldn't do 50 million every time, tho you could at times do 680 million.

But it does really cheapen the event that someone found a glitch that allowed them to disregard actual strategy and game design and just pump a bunch of gems into winning.

It's not quite as bad as holding an actual auction to determine the winner of the event, but it does make guilds that like to be competitive think twice about bothering.

• Barleyman wrote: »
    So anyway, why is Craw not a Flying hero?

dead birds don't fly.
    Barleyman wrote: »

he was grounded for staying out late.

Barleyman wrote: »

he's the new Emu hero.
  • When I saw guilds suddenly flying ahead of Wrath of Kings and the scores that were being put up I knew there had to be an exploit. Now I know what it was. It's just sad. When I played World of Warcraft this sort of abuse would get guilds banned.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Not if they provide profit.

• Not if they provide profit.

That's the biggest difference here - if an exploit provides massive income to BossFight, it seems to be ignored.

• Even without that Furnace explodes the event was totally tailored to top players to make them spend gems and cash.
    I tried with a low level account (around level 50) to participate. Heroes have 4 to 6 stars, good improved runes. The fight vs Stormcrow took 1 or 2 rounds, then all heroes were dead. My heroes did about 30,000 damage. Earned trophies: 1 (in words ONE).
    I had to wait 4 hours or pay 400 gems. I tried 3 times, then gave up.
    Player base will die away with such underwhelming events.

Now we have to do 100s of raids to earn little reward ... :(