Patch Notes: November 2nd, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Just a few small changes:
  • Fixed a bug with one of Malice's abilities that was allowing her to deal far more damage than any single attack should be able to deal to Stormcorw and was causing stability issues in the game. We've adjusted the ability so it is more stable and caps the damage bonus at 10x, which is still extremely high! Naturally, any trophies earned with her while her ability was extra-powerful will not be removed.
  • Fixed an issue with the pre-battle screen that always said your guild is in first place.

We hope you're enjoying the event so far!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks, now how about lowering the gem cost to refresh ;)
  • DrixkDrixk Member
    “Fixed a bug that was working out in favor of the players.”

Just copy paste that for future events.

What can I say except YOUR WELCOME!
  • hlj2dznvnozu.jpg
  • I understand your reasoning behind this, the attack did a crazy amount of damage, but I don't think changing it is a particularly fair thing either. The guilds that climbed to the top used this, and those that didn't know about it are now severely disadvantaged to catching up with them. I know it was unintentional that she could be this strong, but there's like 3 heroes in this game that have abilities based on health. Iris, who's 3rd move does 0 dmg to the boss (fair). Brom, who reduces health to 75% of max, which doesn't seem to affect this hero (again, fair). And Malice, who's second ability did high damage to high health targets. I really don't want to sound harsh, but you took an extra week for this event. Unless there are more abilities that affect health, that's 2 moves and a passive you had to code for. You patching through 'fixes' to the strategy that has developed for the event seems unfair, and that the devs want to funnel us down the approved paid path for the event. What has been so fun about this event has been the guild coming together to find the best combinations of heroes/runes to beat the boss. Coming in 20 hours into the event to change a source of the majority of guilds trophies is discouraging.

TLDR; Next event either make sure that the boss doesn't have a massive weakness like this in the beginning, or leave it in til the end.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited November 2
    I’m sorry, the teams leading the Guild Games were running too fast. You will have to catch up now wearing lead boots.
  • Yeah, that’s pretty **** brutal on any guilds who started slow and are trying to catch up. Unless it’s totally game breaking, there’s absolutely no good reason to change a competitive contest mid-event. Just gonna make a lot of people mad.
  • What?! This was a thing?! I’m glad they removed it. I don’t think my guild family would have ever figured it out, considering how the top guilds keep their secrets so well. The only people who are going to be mad are the top players who abused this glitch and didn’t tell anybody. If it had become common knowledge, but the top guilds still had enough time to abuse it before anyone else did, my opinion would be different.
  • Happy?

12fqy1yy4ac5.png
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Joel did say it was "causing stability issues in the game".. so it was a bug. That, or StormCrow's ego.. He could be mentally unstable, being a punching bag for a week.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited November 2
    Let’s think about this logically:

The argument that removing this only hurts the mid-tier guilds is totally flawed. The top guilds discovered this exploit first, and if it isn’t removed, they would have still had more time to abuse it than everyone else. Even if everyone else did figure it out, it would still take time. Time that the guilds who knew about this could have used to get more and more of an unfair advantage.

Removing this glitch, if anything, levels the playing field. Stop using mid-tiers as an excuse to get mad at the devs when they make things fair.

P.S. I am calling it a glitch because I don’t think attacks that scaled with health at an unlimited rate were supposed to work. As someone else said, neither annihilation beam nor brom’s 25% health thing worked. This is only attack did that that was not blocked.
  • so, they can take a week to fix something which negatively affect the players, but if it benefits us, that's gotta get fixed immediately.

Then again, since this is just another pay2win event, who cares anyway.
  • This is not really a big deal...

Before the patch:

gt2ltb9yotii.jpg

After the patch:

a3esmp9lluzk.jpg

You can still use your Malice and have a similar effect... Not being able to kill the bird just means you miss out on a little gold. I used the same team with Malice both times.
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • Every guild game there is a “Glitch” that benefits all and is taken away the next day after the Top 5 have basically been set. I’m not surprised this happened.
  • Pay or lose. Your choice. There was a real opportunity to make up for the Haunted Halls event with this. That got flushed. Tell me, exactly how much money does it cost to be nice to players for one event? Obviously, the money continues to roll in. I can only attribute this to masochism or abused spouse syndrome on the part of the players. Glad I followed my gut instinct instead of thinking "maybe this one will be better". No money, no way, no how. Just no. Ban me, ghost me. Whatever. This post will indubitably be ignored, and the spenders will continue to spend. Figure about a total of 1000$ US from each of the top 200 players this month. Congratulations. You found your "I win" button.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• 10k isn't an issue to reach. 50k can be reached with Craw on your team, though that's incredibly difficult now
  • wait uhhh... whatever happened to Hugin and Munin coming to the island??
  • Epics for Valkin were released to Boss Island 2 days ago @atKorosLit
  • So let me get this straight. You gave the boss an attack that literally kills an entire team in one shot. Then you make the Unbreakable Heart rune and abilities like Agnon’s granite form useless because he still wipes them out but don’t tell us any of this. But god forbid a hero does too much damage, we gotta stop everything and make sure we nerf that little demon before things get out of hand! Oh and I’m still waiting on those tickets from the shop mess up during the last event, though that mistake, not being in the players favor, clearly isn’t a primary concern.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited November 2
    This problem could have been identified with a little play testing. There's only ~44 billion possible teams a player can use, for goodness sake.
    Post edited by Barleyman on
  • OhtOht Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    This problem could have been identified with a little play testing. There's only ~44 billion possible teams a player can use, for goodness sake.

My second thought when the event started was 'ohhh, Malice does more damage as an enemy's health goes down." Presumably the devs etc know this game better than I do..I've been back three weeks after a couple years away.
  • There was no real benefit to the glitch is my point. Without Craw you max out at 10 million anyway. So what if you can kill him?

Is anyone going into the event dungeon with a 1 star craw? I think not. That in itself makes the drama invalid. I have only seen a small handful of people attempt it. None of their teams even used Malice.
  • Literally the first 3 heroes my guild discussed were Malice, Iris, and Brom. Making sure not to waste gems we each tested them out to find the best team. Anyone could have done this, at any level. If these guild games aren't supposed to test skill, then what? How deep your pockets are?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    There was no real benefit to the glitch is my point. Without Craw you max out at 10 million anyway. So what if you can kill him?

Is anyone going into the event dungeon with a 1 star craw? I think not. That in itself makes the drama invalid. I have only seen a small handful of people attempt it. None of their teams even used Malice.

First thing I did was one star Craw to use him so I could get more than 10 million.
  • There was no real benefit to the glitch is my point. Without Craw you max out at 10 million anyway. So what if you can kill him?

Everyone is going in with a 1 Star craw. Craw dies easily but it doesn’t matter. If you bring craw, the cap raises from 10 mil to 50 mil, so malice could start doing some real damage.
  • All i am saying is that i have roughly the same result before and after the change- As shown above. 10 million damage with the same team both times. The difference is gold, and the animation as to how the dungeon ends. I earned 20k off of killing the bird (Same as a quick loot on boss island). There was no real benefit for the player other than the gold.

In regards to heros, all other special abilities were disabled. I know because i tried. You cannot use Shade, yorrick, brom, iris, etc... The majority of players didn't even notice this glitch with Malice because they were using other teams to get the 10 million (lots of teams you can use for that result without spending) .

@bvs72 I am glad you enjoy craw. If i ever summon him I hope to have your success.