Fastest PVE campaign auto run team

Occasionally you need to run campaign dungeons. Like when you need to click on Pumpkins, even though they give you nothing. Or to kill lots of water enemies etc. So the question is, which is the fastest hero/team?

So the worst possible team would be a bunch of Healers all wasting time healing and not killing. Or Hopper - waiting for all eating corpses. So what's the best, assuming the team has no difficulty killing everything in one shot?

I was running Kobal on 'All' (all abilities) because he feeds himself energy meaning he just keeps using Pandemic Swarm and that's pretty quick (and you can drag Brom along if Kobal finds some enemies hard to kill)

The problem with Kobal is that he's not fast, meaning any dungeons with fast enemies slows the whole process.

So i tried Torchy running Basic, and if his Epic launches every round he's very quick, but of course it doesn't.

The problem with all the fasts is that they don't AOE all the time, whatever strategies you put in place, meaning some slow movement mid dungeon.

So I'm back with Kobal.

Any better ideas?

Comments

• Mg6iMg6i Member
    Furnace, with Hansuke undying
  • 1. Furnace auto basic for any stage where he can clear the room with basic attacks
    2. Kobal auto full for any stage where he can clear the room with his first two special attacks
    3. Torchy Abi SB Lupina auto basic for any stage with fast enemies
    4. Valkin Therand Dhaegon Dagrund auto full for stages that first 3 cannot clear
  • Furnace for basic AOE, Valkin for 25% damage boost, Brom for 25% health debuff, Nitpick for 15% bonus fire damage. (This is just theory crafting and may not be THE fastest but this seems like the most amount of damage you can get Furnaces basic attack.) Of course Furnace would be runed for damage, the others could be skill in case it ups their effects.
  • I use a dwarf combination, depending on the dungeon, but Valkin and Dhaegon are going to be there.
  • I can't see how Furnace can be quicker than Kobal - he's not a fast - but it's probably as quick and can be run on Basic rather than All. A lot of the responses are about damage - not an Issue with a Level 80 Kobal for most dungeons.

I quite like the Torchy, Abi, SB Lupina on Basic though, but have you actually timed that team against Kobal? 70% of the time Torchy kills just one enemy, the Abi another etc. Is it quicker for you to kill for quick enemies or for 4 quick enemies to strike and then you kill all of them?

The other problem with quick enemies is that they sometimes cast an avoid spell and then you can get slowed by missing...
  • gradders wrote: »
    I can't see how Furnace can be quicker than Kobal - he's not a fast - but it's probably as quick and can be run on Basic rather than All. A lot of the responses are about damage - not an Issue with a Level 80 Kobal for most dungeons.

I quite like the Torchy, Abi, SB Lupina on Basic though, but have you actually timed that team against Kobal? 70% of the time Torchy kills just one enemy, the Abi another etc. Is it quicker for you to kill for quick enemies or for 4 quick enemies to strike and then you kill all of them?

The other problem with quick enemies is that they sometimes cast an avoid spell and then you can get slowed by missing...

Hence, Dwarves.

They never miss. Valkin Rogar Therund and Dhaegon all have multi attack first abilities, and Dhaegon gives energy for crits. If you're attacking green dungeons then put Rogar and Dhaegon first, otherwise Valkin and Therund.
  • @Barleyman But MOST of the time Kobal will be quicker, because he kills all enemies with one strike in each room.
    @Barleyman But MOST of the time Kobal will be quicker, because he kills all enemies with one strike in each room.

Well you could be right, but after they took the caster attack bonus off Dagrund I stopped using Kobal because he wasn't killing everything anymore. I took his runes and used them for heroes I use in PvP.

• Barleyman wrote: »
    gradders wrote: »
    @Barleyman But MOST of the time Kobal will be quicker, because he kills all enemies with one strike in each room.

Well you could be right, but after they took the caster attack bonus off Dagrund I stopped using Kobal because he wasn't killing everything anymore. I took his runes and used them for heroes I use in PvP.

Valkin adds 25% damage now. You could also put Ponti and Selwyn on his team to make sure he has energy. Iris may have potential due to giving ally casters skill and damage pen.
    I can't see how Furnace can be quicker than Kobal - he's not a fast - but it's probably as quick and can be run on Basic rather than All. A lot of the responses are about damage - not an Issue with a Level 80 Kobal for most dungeons.

Kobal's Pandemic Swarm animation is slow, plus there's a pause while he pumps his staff after gathering energy. Furnace's basic attack has almost no animation and he has no epic. Every room is half a second as opposed to 2-3 seconds for Kobal. Of course, Kobal on auto can clear a lot more difficult rooms than Furnace on basic, but nothing beats Furnace basic for speed running if it can clear the room.

• @echonap Ah! Animation time does matter - the major problem with epics is that they add precious seconds with special effects. In that case, @MrTheWaffleKing was dead right, and dragging around those other heroes ought to make him kill everyone isn all but the hardest dungeons.

So does this mean that the conclusion is that there is no fast hero(s) who is can auto run quicker than Furnace?
  • MK might be able to with his first AOE, however this would require energy upkeep, which I'm not sure is possible for him. Black Diamond is similar with an AOE AND an ability that will keep hitting on kill; however she will still suffer from losing energy. Now for both of these, Ekko can give them 1 extra starting energy, but it would still not be enough. Maybe the new Panda can help.
    Hagrim with Valkin has a fast AOE but no energy regen so he's out of the picture.
    Hopper also has an AOE and can benefit from Marrow being a beast, however Marrow needs his third ability to charge energy so this combo will not be useful.

Bauble with Ferno is an interesting thought, but you would have to get lucky so that the unstable bomb does not apply effects. You get energy back and Ferno gives more so he could potentially keep energy up, but Kobal's a better choice.
    Valkin has potential with his short cooldown AOE; however, he would need some way to gain energy passively though.

Overall, I still think Ferno is the best choice with Kobal in second.