You are ruining this game.

I am so discouraged and frustrated to see the turn this game is taking. The past 3 events have been pay to win events. The payouts from the quests have been minimal and not enough to buy any of the big ticket items (like runes). There used to be an acceptable balance between having to grind a bit for the rune or featured reward but it was alway obtainable. Hitting the leaderboards was always something you needed to pay to compete with the top players which was fine since you were able to walk away with something if you put in the effort for quests. This current event is ridiculous. Completing the available quests only yields something like 15k tickets and that’s assuming you either have raid tickets saved up or you are paying gems to buy enough (and win) to complete the quests. Even with that, it’s not enough to buy the rune or the epic part. Fat chance if you want to get the ultimate skin. I understand the ultimate skins are designed for pay to win, and the epic part will be available in boss island if we are patient, but if you continue the pattern of not having any valuable reward obtainable from just playing the game you will ruin a very good game.

I am VIP 9 and not oppposed to buying the occasional gem pack or token pack. I love that you release content frequently and that it is fresh and fun. But I do not appreciate having to pay to compete or enjoy this game.

Please hear this feedback. I know I am not alone.
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I don't post on every single feedback thread, as it isn't practical and would cheapen my words, but I can assure you that, as always, I am passing feedback along to our team. We can't make complete overhauls to events that are in progress, but we did increase the amount of leaves being paid out in PVP Raids yesterday and will be taking feedback into account for future event designs.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Maybe that got a new head dev *that sucks*
  • Kegman913 wrote: »
    Walking away from this game was going to be hard about 2 months ago even though we saw the writing on the wall. WOW, what 3 events can do to a community and a person's attitude towards a game I dedicated myself for over 3 years. COMPLETELY WIPED OUT IN 3 VERY EVIL EVENTS.

The only explanation is gross incompetence or a cash grab knowing the game is ending very soon.
    wagdogg wrote: »
    I’m leaving the game Monday. It’s become disgusting money grab. I really miss how it was 6 months ago. I really loved this game but my time has come. It’s been a honor meeting the people I have met and I wish all the players well. Good luck. Joel pass this on. Players are leaving left and right this game has been destroyed by greed.

Same here. Played since the start. Loved this game. VIP 10 and then some. These last few events have just killed it for me. Halloween was a real kick in the nuts. They clearly aren’t changing despite our feedback. They really **** the bed. I’m out!
  • While I agree that the Halloween and nature events were p2w, i totally do not agree that the boss fight event was the same event. I still love that event, even if it was a little buggy. That was the first time they tried anything like that, give them a chance! And it wasn’t too p2w either. I am f2p and did fairly well without spending massive amounts of effort or gems. Just in general, saying that the boss fight event was a cash grab is just flat-out wrong, and I think it discourages the devs from making good events like it.
  • When designing events like this, the first question to ask is: How many raids/dungeon runs should be required to attain the top rewards?

For this event, I’d say 50 wins/day would be a stretch goal. Given that it’s a 6 day event, 300 wins total. 100,000 / 300 = ~333 points per raid. This is your sweet spot.

How you arrived at 20/40 leaves per win, adjusted to 40/80, I can’t understand.

Like most of the posters in this thread I am a long term player that LOVES this game and want it to succeed. These past few events have altered the core tenets of the game. I’m not ready to give up but I empathize with those that are.

I’ve posted my 1 star review.
  • JonahDennisJonahDennis Member
    edited November 10
    The dungeon boss team will learn when most of the veterans quit playing. They will either have to stop making the game P2W or their player count will drop to 25% of what it is now. Paying should make the game easier and not guaranteed one of the best.
  • I absolutely agree with MonkeyHunter. The way to create reward thresholds is by determining a challenging but reasonable daily threshold corresponding to the number of days the event is running for, not chalking it down to some arbitrary figure.

By the way, I also have to redefine jackpot - if someone gets the 100k jackpot, they should be able to buy EVERYTHING in the store, maybe several times over, not just one skin.
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited November 10
    It has literally been the worst year for gaming, mostly because of these.
    1. There was outrage with EA on count of the loot box problem in SWB II.
    2. Telltale games were forced into studio closure & most of us know how that turned out (with most of those people being fans of the Walking dead.)
    3. The developers at Blizzcon got Boo’ed because they made Diablo III mobile only with no plans of a PC Variation. (As die hard Diablo fans know it has always been a PC game and I agree.)

And let’s be honest here, if other gaming company’s including this one can’t take a hint from Telltale Games, EA & Blizzard studios mistakes here and now, they could be the ones getting Boo’ed and suffering an outrage, let alone follow suit with complete studio closure because of the drop in market values.

The Only Game company that is doing extremely well is Digital Extremes with the game “Warframe” currently.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • It's not only the lack of rewards but the lack of raid tickets, too.
    This is a PvP event. How about some raid tickets to start with? In the past there had been quests that paid out some raid tickets.

This time you have to buy raid tickets with Aether (not everyone has access to Aether) and gems. And you have to pay a lot of gold to refresh pvp opponents. All just to get a few leaves. PvP is so broken. You only find the same stupidly overpowered teams all day long.

To get some gems that I need to participate in this event I have to do the tower each day. In the tower I have to fight epic dwarfs, barbarians and freaking Lily, Agnon, Emily, Goretusk teams. I just failed to complete the the tower because of this crap.

To create more imbalances these meta heroes now get overpowering ultimate skins and epics (when you pay for them). WTF?

Not happy.
  • Schnuppe wrote: »
    It's not only the lack of rewards but the lack of raid tickets, too.
    This is a PvP event. How about some raid tickets to start with? In the past there had been quests that paid out some raid tickets.

This time you have to buy raid tickets with Aether (not everyone has access to Aether) and gems. And you have to pay a lot of gold to refresh pvp opponents. All just to get a few leaves. PvP is so broken. You only find the same stupidly overpowered teams all day long.

To get some gems that I need to participate in this event I have to do the tower each day. In the tower I have to fight epic dwarfs, barbarians and freaking Lily, Agnon, Emily, Goretusk teams. I just failed to complete the the tower because of this crap.

To create more imbalances these meta heroes now get overpowering ultimate skins and epics (when you pay for them). WTF?

Not happy.

Try using Emily Agnon Ferno Zomm in the tower.
  • pmailliwbpmailliwb Member
    edited November 10
    All right. This has become ridiculous, which we all know.

I have played nearly every day for the past three years or so, so I have seen the evolution of this game, as have many of you.

With the addition of this “100,000 extra leaves every once in awhile” dangle, hasn’t this made Dungeon Boss a gambling game? Is that even legal for the age group that they catering to?

Just wondering.

Oh, and by the way, I have left an appropriate one star review. I encourage anyone else who feels it is appropriate to do the same.
  • It's only gambling if it involves spending money to maybe get money back.
  • pmailliwbpmailliwb Member
    edited November 11
    In some ways, is that kind of what this game has become?
    Post edited by pmailliwb on
  • JonahDennisJonahDennis Member
    edited November 11
    If the DB team looks at this thread they will see that everyone is saying this game is becoming a P2W. I am okay with paying to make the game easier but not okay making it where certain items (besides cosmetics) are only attainable via money. The worst part is some of the newer skins buff that character and not just the typical 2x tickets during certain events. The game being P2W is just about as bad as adds every 10 seconds. The DB team needs to think of it this way. Here’s your 2 options: 1. Make the game P2W and loose most of the veterans and all your people that play for free 2. Make items purchaseable that make the game easier (Gems,Gold,Hero tokens,ext..) but everyone can still obtain those items without paying money. Just a little thing you guys must have missed and that is when most of your players are only going up against other players that pay that person will do one of two things: pay to be better or quit playing entirely because they realize that this game is a P2W. Also bigger player base would mean a higher chance of some people spending real money and telling there friends about the game who could also potentially spend money versus a low player base that some spend money. I guarantee you that you can’t tell me 5 great games that are popular on any electronic that are P2W. There’s my rant and if you keep making the game P2W you will see your player base drop.
  • I dont have gems in nad dungeon
  • Until people stop spending, no changes will be made. That simple.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Adverb007Adverb007 Member
    edited November 12
    I used to love the game, I spent so much time playing and abandoned other games (clash of clans, etc.). Me and my brother @leonnew123 are the only active members left in our guild because everyone else quit the game. I'm starting to think that I may have to move on again...
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • How do i get those ten shiny objects from the shadowqueen dearic loot pass?
  • Hit up the dungeons in PvE
  • Bloth wrote: »
    Hit up the dungeons in PvE

Everyone of them or are there specific dungeons where the drop rate is higher?
    Also do i have to hit challenger or boss mode or are they also available for normal mode?
  • FaZe_zLoAn wrote: »
    Bloth wrote: »
    Hit up the dungeons in PvE

Everyone of them or are there specific dungeons where the drop rate is higher?
    Also do i have to hit challenger or boss mode or are they also available for normal mode?

They are all over. The last room never has any but all the other non-treasure rooms have a chance. Just run a dungeon that you think has a lot of rooms.